Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Your words do not really address the problem.
Gun control is not designed to address any problems either. The freedom haters just think it's fun to violate people's rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 03:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Let's hope this one goes sooner rather than later. I've never seen her contribute anything worthwhile to any discussion, and her basic blather is that of a far right-wing operative--the knee-jerk variety.
I enjoy reading livinglava's posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 03:48 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Do you think they'll ever legalize bio/chem weapons under the 2nd amendment as well? Are WMDs generally excluded from 2nd amendment protection already by some case or legislation?
It would hard to go beyond normal infantry weapons when it comes to civilians.

Perhaps if we were talking about an actual government-organized military body, we could extend the right to cover heavier weapons.
oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 03:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Robert Reich
Another example of the National Rifle Association's stranglehold on our political system. The gunman in Thousand Oaks was equipped an extended magazine during his rampage on Tuesday night. In 2016, California voters passed an initiative to ban such magazine. However, before the law could take effect, the NRA sued the state, eventually blocking the ban in court.
If there is a court ruling against limits on magazine size, I'd like to read it to see what it says.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 05:15 pm
Doctors and the NRA
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/11/11/how-doctors-responded-after-the-nra-said-stay-in-their-lane/#613d17fa581c
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 09:52 pm
@oralloy,
Read the Forbes article Edgar cites Physicians pretty uniformly are calling BS on the NRA, and deservedly so. Thye're on the frontlines, while the NRA sit in their armchairs and blowviate. Gun violence and deaths are on the rise again, and the NRA does NOTHING. 27 NRA supporting leglislators lost their jobs in the last election. It's a start..
oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 10:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Read the Forbes article Edgar cites
I did.

MontereyJack wrote:
Physicians pretty uniformly are calling BS on the NRA, and deservedly so.
If any of these quacks tries to push an anti-freedom agenda on their patients, they'll find themselves without any patients.

MontereyJack wrote:
Gun violence and deaths are on the rise again, and the NRA does NOTHING.
I'm sure that being killed with a gun instead of a knife does not make the victim any more dead.

But speaking of doing nothing, the gun control movement does not even try to save lives. All they care about is violating people's rights for fun.

MontereyJack wrote:
27 NRA supporting leglislators lost their jobs in the last election. It's a start..
If the left wastes all their time in a futile fight with the NRA again, that will mean they will not have any time to work mischief against Trump.
oralloy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Interesting. How do they plan to get their anti-freedom nonsense past Speaker Pelosi?

"Absent from their list are measures that ban assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, despite the fact that such restrictions were a key demand of student activists in the wake of Parkland."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/11/gun-control-advocates-have-a-majority-in-congress-heres-how-they-plan-to-use-it/

I thought as much.

Is there an emoticon for a derisive snort?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 08:54 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm sure that being killed with a gun instead of a knife does not make the victim any more dead
Unless youre a Ninja, a gun has the potential to effectively create more dead at a time. Hint: I believe thats the reason that soldiers dont carry swords or pikes any longer. Your analogy displays your often obtuse thinking
livinglava

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:26 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Perhaps if we were talking about an actual government-organized military body, we could extend the right to cover heavier weapons.

It would be disturbing but interesting if weird bio/chem weapons were legalized because it would allow the authorities to give warning and thus openly utilize repressive fear to control the public.

Imagine the government openly threatening to release swarms of insects in an area, for example, if there wasn't compliance with some policy. It would be bizarre and Orwellian, but why wouldn't it be protected by the 2nd amendment?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:45 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

MontereyJack wrote:
Physicians pretty uniformly are calling BS on the NRA, and deservedly so.
oralloy:If any of these quacks tries to push an anti-freedom agenda on their patients, they'll find themselves without any patients.
Anybody who goes to the ER with a life-threatening gunshot wound and checks first to see if the doctor supports the NRA and rejects his or her treatment if the doctor doesn't, is even more of an idiot than you are.
margo

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 02:21 pm
But there's no restrictions on idiots with guns.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Unless youre a Ninja, a gun has the potential to effectively create more dead at a time. Hint: I believe thats the reason that soldiers dont carry swords or pikes any longer. Your analogy displays your often obtuse thinking

Does any of that change the fact owning a gun if you follow the rules is a right?
That is what Oralloy is saying. Any analogies arise from some of the dumb questions people are asking him about that right.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 04:52 pm
@livinglava,
Yet even though you admit you don't know him you can determine he isent as intelligent as you.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 05:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Im sorry Pinky, but I was answering Oralloy's question, not delving into his feelings .
coldjoint

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 05:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
not delving into his feelings

I said nothing about his feelings.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 07:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Unless you're a Ninja, a gun has the potential to effectively create more dead at a time.
Since most homicides are single killings, this has very little impact on homicide rates.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 07:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Anybody who goes to the ER with a life-threatening gunshot wound and checks first to see if the doctor supports the NRA and rejects his or her treatment if the doctor doesn't, is even more of an idiot than you are.
I didn't say anything about prying into a doctor's views. I talked of pushy leftwing doctors forcing their views onto other people when it's none of their business.

If I went to a hospital for an emergency and a doctor wasted my time by trying to indoctrinate me with an anti-freedom agenda, I'd sue the hospital for malpractice.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:45 pm
@oralloy,
Doctors are some of the first responders dealing with the innocent victims of out of control gun violence. They have seen first hand the atrocities it inflicts okn innocent people. It sickens them. They've seen first hand it's const in human lives destroyed. You haven't. They have far more of a right to talk about it than you with your armchair theorigizng do.