Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:04 pm
@oralloy,
Teddy was not in the same lying league as trump. No one has ever been. The media are far FAR more truthful than he is. A good rule of thumb with trump is, if his lips are moving, he's lying.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:23 pm
@oralloy,
What people seem to hate is when the media punctures their illusions about trump by reporting the truth and
Proving that what he says is largely lies that he tells just to gull them.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Proving that what he says is largely lies that he tells just to gull them.

Not half as much Trump being president galls you. Gulls are birds.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:41 pm
@coldjoint,
gull i said and gull i meant. Use your dictionary. Doofus.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:43 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
BIG DEAL!!!!

Here's a list of all the mass shootings done in the last six years using assault-style weapons.

First off, why are they only going back to 2012, as you claim they have been accelerating since 2004, why only go back to 2012?

The second question, why only list mass shootings with an AR type weapon and not all mass shootings? Because looking at all mass shootings destroys the narrative you and the anti-gun left are trying to create.

You can't even get all the facts straight in some of these cases or the fact that they had additional weapons besides their AR type rifle, I'll also point out that all of these shootings took place in "gun free zones" and almost every single person was from a single family home that had reported mental health issues:

Aurora shooter, AR jammed and he used his shotgun. He also had explosives to kill police officers when they entered his home.

Lanza, not much to say here, he only had an AR-15, but he had to kill his own mother to get his hands on it.

John Zawahri, killed his father and brother because of a long running family issue and then went on a shooting spree. This wasn't a typical mass shooting event, it was domestic dispute that turned into a mass shooting event. Also not mentioned, this guy was told by the state of CA 2 years prior that he wasn't eligible to own a gun.

Justin Fowler, was not a mass shooting, the only person who was killed was a police officer who he ran from after taking his family hostage. The other 2 injured were also police officers who where involved with the chase and shoot out.

Jeffrey Scott Pitts, killed one person at a liquor store and then went home and shot his parents, which didn't kill them. The 2nd death was that of the shooter after he got into a shootout with police.

Noah Jacob Harpham, The few news stories I found on this one, it even being local are not saying which of the 2 guns he actually shot the people with. It's hard to shoot an AR with one hand as all eyewitness accounts say he had 2 guns in his hand.

Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, this isn't a mass shooting, this was terrorism with links to ISIS and false information given to immigration agents. Yes, they used AR-15's but this was terrorism plain and simple.

Omar Mateen, yep, this is a genuine mass shooting with an AR type weapon.

Stephen Paddock, yep another mass shooting with an AR type weapon.

Devin Kelley, mass shooting, but not allowed to legally own that weapon.
Now this is confusing, what's an AR style Ruger rifle? Do you mean semi-auto rifle? They also fail to mention he was stopped by a civilian, someone with an actual AR-15.

Nikolas Cruz, mass shooting that could have been prevented by the local police investigating the guy and could have been much less deadly if the LEO onsite had actually done his job and confronted the shooter.

In all 7 out of 11 stories were actual mass shooter events, the other 4 stories would fall under normal murder states with guns. If these are all of the events that took place in the last 6 years that included AR type guns, you haven't really proven anything except people do indeed use these types of guns to murder people, which isn't in dispute, what's in dispute is the frequency in which you claim they happen.

Quote:
Once again, the readers can decide-which side has the facts, and which side is grasping at fantasy as they lie about the facts.

What facts have you shown? People are shot with AR's? OK, no one said they weren't, what you haven't proven is that these types of murder with the AR-15 are increasing at some crazy rate, which you haven't proven.

As I asked in the beginning, why leave out all the mass shootings or shooting deaths since 2004 when the old ban expired? It looks to me that we have had 1 mass shooting per year with an AR type weapon and 11 cases in 6 years of the AR being used. Those are really weak numbers to use to limit the freedom of Americans.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 06:45 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

It remains unclear why you think so, other than denial of an inconvenient idea.

Nah, you're playing obtuse. Even you know there is no connection. It's ok, we all know.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 07:37 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
These survivors and loved ones of the deceased are being tormented by "Fake News" devotees glorying in the takedown of the 'enemy of the people'..........
People don't like it when the media lies about the President.

Their anger at this specific newspaper may well be misplaced, but their anger at the lying media in general is quite justified.

"They don't cover Donald Trump, maybe the haters should just target everyone they suspect might disagree with them."

But I'm so pleased you count yourself among the ghouls...nice to know who posts here. It's not personal right, too bad those people work at publications like The Pennysaver dare to go to work. The really shouldn't.... right?......So oral....in your infinite wisdom what should people do or where should they work or what kind of school should their children attend to avoid being slaughtered by demented individuals? No one wants to overturn the second amendment, how about better mental health care? Or does that make you weak in the knees?

Your remarks are so odious even I'm shocked. That's not easy to do, however your callous dismissal of the deaths of people you don't know and obviously don't care about typify your MO. Different day, same ignorant ravings.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 07:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
however your callous dismissal of the deaths of people you don't know and obviously don't care about typify your MO. Different day, same ignorant ravings.

My God, gag me. How about Christians in the ME, they are outside of our borders too. I don't hear a peep about their children. Stop your disingenuous moralizing. It only makes you look porcelain bitching because it is not ivory.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 07:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Teddy was not in the same lying league as trump.

But Teddy and Donny share the same views on immigration and national security. That is a fact.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 08:23 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
however your callous dismissal of the deaths of people you don't know and obviously don't care about typify your MO. Different day, same ignorant ravings.

My God, gag me. How about Christians in the ME, they are outside of our borders too. I don't hear a peep about their children. Stop your disingenuous moralizing. It only makes you look porcelain bitching because it is not ivory.

How about Christians in the ME, How about Pol Pot's victims, how about Idi Amin, how about the Zodiac killer, what about The Green River victims, what about every oppressive regime on the globe? Today, I'm mourning the loss of neighbors and friends.......and find it revolting that people who know nothing about the paper or the State or the individuals..... are cheering because a convicted stalker with a grudge against a newspaper, his victim, everyone in her family, her lawyer, the judge....didn't care that the people in the office were not even employed 7 years ago when he was convicted of malicious and criminal trespass and stalking.....they are so God Damn happy they are sending the survivors and family members of the deceased death threat or just celebrating whatever the hell think they just won.

Good for you Mr. Sensitive, now shut up about atrocities unless you acknowledge every atrocity that has occurred since 1840. What a ridiculous man you are.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 08:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Good for you Mr. Sensitive, now shut up about atrocities unless you acknowledge every atrocity that has occurred since 1840

I acknowledge the ones that are going on now. And the border children do not hold a candle to the genocide of Christians in the ME. You are going to deny it is happening?
Quote:
What a ridiculous man you are.

I really value your opinion. Just so you know. Cool
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 09:00 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
So oral....in your infinite wisdom what should people do or where should they work or what kind of school should their children attend to avoid being slaughtered by demented individuals?
Keep a lever-action .30-30 locked in a safe near their desk at work (or in each classroom at school). Open sights. A deer hunting round straight through the heart and spine will bring an attack to a quick resolution.

glitterbag wrote:
No one wants to overturn the second amendment,
That is incorrect. Most Democrats want to overturn the Second Amendment.

glitterbag wrote:
Your remarks are so odious even I'm shocked. That's not easy to do, however your callous dismissal of the deaths of people you don't know and obviously don't care about typify your MO.
Liberal phony outrage is silly.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 09:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
You can't even get all the facts straight in some of these cases
Do tell. Let's take a real quick look at some of what you feel count as my inaccuracies:

Quote:
Aurora shooter, AR jammed and he used his shotgun. He also had explosives to kill police officers when they entered his home.
So he opened fire with an AR-15 in a movie theater but according to you it doesn't count as a mass shooting because he had backup weapons too. Sorry, it counts.

Quote:
John Zawahri, killed his father and brother because of a long running family issue and then went on a shooting spree. This wasn't a typical mass shooting event, it was domestic dispute that turned into a mass shooting event.
So it doesn't count as a mass shooting because he killed his family first before going out to shoot several more people who aren't family? Sorry, it counts.

Quote:
Jeffrey Scott Pitts, killed one person at a liquor store and then went home and shot his parents, which didn't kill them. The 2nd death was that of the shooter after he got into a shootout with police.
Errr....not quite. Here's the account:

Gunman killed by police after killing two, wounding his parents
Posted: May 31, 2015 7:17 PM EDT

CONYERS, GA (CBS46) -

Police shot and killed a man suspected of shooting up two different locations in Conyers on Sunday.

https://i.imgur.com/upr5dzq.jpg?1

Police said 36-year-old Jeffrey Scott Pitts, shot and killed two people and injured his parents in a shooting rampage at a store and then at a home in Conyers.

Police said Pitts entered the Magnet Bottle Shop on Bell Road in Conyers around 4:50 p.m. and started shooting.

A male clerk and a male customer were both shot and killed inside the store.

Pitts then went to a home on the 3500 block of Ebenezer Road in Conyers and shot his parents. Those victims were both airlifted to an Atlanta area hospital where they are listed in stable condition.

Rockdale County deputies arrived on the scene and Pitts allegedly began shooting at them with a high-powered assault rifle.

Officers returned fire and killed Pitts.

Source

So-kill 2 people at a store, go home and shoot your parents, then open fire on the cops who are coming after you-and this doesn't count as a mass shooting according to you. Are you kidding?

I'm not going to bore the readers by going through any more of your excuses why mass shootings aren't really mass shootings. These people used assault style semiautomatic rifles to shoot at large numbers of people, killing many of them. And all you can do to answer is to try strained excuses to disqualify the mass shootings as mass shootings.

The use of assault style semiauto rifles is accelerating as we can all see. And ridiculous excuses are all we're going to get from the NRA advocates.

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 09:54 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
The use of assault style semiauto rifles is accelerating as we can all see.
I don't see it. Although I'm not saying that it isn't happening.

Since the pistol grip doesn't change the outcome of these shootings, it really doesn't matter if more crazed murderers are choosing to use guns that have a pistol grip.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm
@McGentrix,
So you guys "know" things without knowing why or how you know them. Alright.
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 11:47 pm
@Olivier5,
We know the motivation behind this shooting because it was widely reported in the media.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 02:04 am
@oralloy,
People can be motivated to act in many ways. In this case it could be that recent hate speech about the press acted as a trigger, a permission to release pent up anger.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 02:13 am
@Olivier5,
Maybe he did the shooting because he was provoked by Maxine Waters encouraging people to persecute those who disagree with them.

Trump's legitimate complaint about the way the media lies about him is hardly hate speech.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 03:13 am
@oralloy,
Had he been provoked by Maxine Waters, he would have killed Sanders or some other white house staffer.

And Trump's hate speech about the media is just that, and not a legitimate complain.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 03:41 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Had he been provoked by Maxine Waters, he would have killed Sanders or some other white house staffer.
No. He had a very long history of attacking and savaging this particular newspaper.

Maxine Waters merely provoked him into attacking the object of his lifelong hatred.

Olivier5 wrote:
And Trump's hate speech about the media is just that, and not a legitimate complain.
Trump has every right to complain about the media always lying about him, and these complaints are not in any way hate speech.