Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 01:50 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
What's interesting is that you could even believe you proved me wrong with pulling some totally unrelated war story,
Not unrelated at all. You made an untrue claim that misperceptions of a weapon were due to fear. I provided a clear example of such a misperception not being due to fear.

That rather obviously proved you wrong. And your immediate abject surrender confirmed that you had no answer to this fact.

Olivier5 wrote:
and then you didn't get my joke on dubnium...
I got that you couldn't handle confronting the fact that I provided a clear example of such a misperception not being due to fear.

It is typical liberal behavior. Liberals don't have the integrity to admit that they are wrong, so when they lose an argument they simply shift from arguing to histrionics.

I'm used to it happening. I win a lot of arguments with liberals, so I see lots of histrionics.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 04:32 am
@oralloy,
You have never had the integrity to admit you are usually wrong. Don't try to pass that off on liberals. Conservatives get most things wrong and never admit it. And, yes, we have over the years posted many times when you have been wrong.
oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 04:35 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You have never had the integrity to admit you are usually wrong.
Wrong. I always admit it when I'm wrong.

MontereyJack wrote:
Don't try to pass that off on liberals.
Since that is how you behave, it is fair to describe you that way.

MontereyJack wrote:
Conservatives get most things wrong and never admit it.
I certainly don't. I'm not going to speak for anyone else.

MontereyJack wrote:
And, yes, we have over the years posted many times when you have been wrong.
No you haven't. You just bluff about imaginary occurrences to try to distract from the facts that I post.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 05:11 am
@oralloy,
You confuse opinion, yours and others, often with totally specious leaps in logic, with facts.
vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 05:41 am
@MontereyJack,
I've never quite understood why people throw 'accusations' of people being conservatives / liberals / left / right...as if it has some bearing on the correctness or otherwise of the person. I've always found all sides to have roughly equal numbers of flaws. This seems common behaviour here in Australia too, and it seems just as inexplicably silly.

The labelling of such also lends itself to flawed behaviour - the treating or dismissing all that is said as flawed or under suspicion of being flawed because of belong to left/right/etc (which behaviour is nonsense)...rather than treating each individual utterance on it's own merits.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 05:53 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
 I provided a clear example of such a misperception not being due to fear.

No, you didn't, given that dubnium has a 28 hour half-life and all that... I accept your abject surrender.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 05:59 am
@Olivier5,

(make sure his hands are where you can see them...)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 08:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You confuse opinion, yours and others, often with totally specious leaps in logic, with facts.
No I don't.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 08:58 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The labelling of such also lends itself to flawed behaviour - the treating or dismissing all that is said as flawed or under suspicion of being flawed because of belong to left/right/etc (which behaviour is nonsense)...rather than treating each individual utterance on it's own merits.
I still provide liberals with polite reasoned factual arguments. I don't treat them differently from other people. It is just that I recognize when they begin posting histrionics instead of addressing the argument that they are surrendering.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 09:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I provided a clear example of such a misperception not being due to fear.
No, you didn't,
How exactly were the F-15 pilots afraid of the helicopters?

Olivier5 wrote:
given that dubnium has a 28 hour half-life and all that... I accept your abject surrender.
Don't be so dishonorable.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
@oralloy,
Don't surrender too often and too abjectly though, or I'll find it boring.
oralloy

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 11:14 am
@Olivier5,
Try not to be so dishonest. You're the only person here who has surrendered.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:12 am

nice...
Quote:
Hundreds in Massachusetts may lose gun licenses because of federal rules

Massachusetts authorities say hundreds of residents previously cleared by a state board to own a firearm may lose their
gun licenses because of a clash between state and federal regulations.

The Boston Globe reports that the state began notifying police chiefs last month after federal law enforcement officials
said the state’s Firearms License Review Board, which considers whether people with misdemeanor criminal convictions
should have a license, was clearing applicants who should have been disqualified under federal rules.

That group of 340 people includes police officers who without a license could be in danger of losing their jobs. The number
of people in danger of losing their gun licenses is likely to grow.
(today's globe)
coldjoint

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 10:22 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
nice...

When one of those people are killed in their house because gun grabbers took their means of self defense is nice? An idiotic, small minded thing to say.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 05:44 am
@coldjoint,
One prime example was the star strong safety for the Washington Redskins, Sean Taylor, who was killed by a burgler with a gun when all that the law allowed him to have to defend himself with in his home was a knife.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 05:45 am
England has just given us as good an example as you could want for the rationale for the second amendment. The thing which has happened to Tommy Robinson could not happen in the US, US citizens would not tolerate it.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 08:42 am
@Region Philbis,
Guess shootups with semiauto assault weapons are so common now that they don't make a big headline out of it unless they actually get to kill people. Mere attempts aren't enough to draw attention....

2 young men planned to open fire at high school prom, Virginia police say
By Amanda Watts and Eric Levenson, CNN
Updated 12:30 PM ET, Tue June 12, 2018

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/180612105041-01-virginia-prom-arrest-terrorist-exlarge-169.jpg
Michael Coleman, 18, is accused of planning to open fire at a Virginia high school prom.

(CNN)Police in Virginia arrested two young men who they say planned to open fire at a high school prom.

Michael Coleman, 18, and a 17-year-old male face charges related to what police say was a plan to carry out an attack last Saturday during Bayside High School's prom at a hotel in Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach Police Chief Jim Cervera said Monday.
Coleman was charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist attack, and the 17-year-old was charged with conspiracy to carry out terrorist threats, police said.

The investigation began on May 30, when Virginia Beach Police received information that people not affiliated with Bayside High School had tried to buy tickets to go to the school's prom.
Police also learned that Coleman was identified as making threats towards unknown individuals, Virginia Beach police said in a statement. And they came to believe that Coleman and possibly others were staying at the Westin Hotel, where Bayside's prom was held.
As such, police developed a "robust" security plan for the event, Cervera said.
On the night of prom, an officer spotted Coleman exiting the hotel and tried to stop him, police said. Coleman fled the scene, and as he ran, he threw down a handgun, Cervera said.

Officers then obtained a search warrant for Coleman's hotel room, where they found the 17-year-old suspect with a .45-caliber semi-automatic rifle and numerous rounds of ammunition, Cervera said.

Coleman was arrested without incident in nearby Norfolk for an unrelated firearm charge, Cervera said. He also faces charges for carrying a concealed weapon; the 17-year-old suspect also is accused of possession of a firearm as a juvenile, he said.

Bayside High School Principal Jim Miller on Monday praised officers' efforts in a message to the Bayside community, CNN affiliate WAVY reported.
"I am grateful to the Virginia Beach Police Department and the school division's Office of Safety and Loss Control who partnered with us to take the necessary steps to ensure our students could safely enjoy their senior prom," Miller said. "Now, it is time for us to turn our attention to this week's final exams and, of course, graduation."
Coleman is being held in Norfolk Jail. His next court date is set for June 18, when he will either prove he has an attorney or be appointed one, Norfolk Public Defenders Office said.
A message left with the Commonwealth Attorney's Office was not immediately returned.

Source
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 08:50 am
Quote above article:
Quote:
Officers then obtained a search warrant for Coleman's hotel room, where they found the 17-year-old suspect with a .45-caliber semi-automatic rifle and numerous rounds of ammunition,

Here's a screenshot of a webpage that sells 45 caliber semiautomatic rifles. Or assault weapons, to use another name. They've got lots more semiauto versions of assault weapons like this, this is just a small sample.

https://i.imgur.com/2YF9QlD.jpg?1
Baldimo

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 01:26 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Here's a screenshot of a webpage that sells 45 caliber semiautomatic rifles.

Those look scary don't they?

Quote:
Or assault weapons, to use another name. They've got lots more semiauto versions of assault weapons like this, this is just a small sample.

Give it a scary name because it looks scary and people will fear it. Propaganda at it's worst. Goebbels would be proud of the American left and the BS they create against the second Amendment. These guns work no different than any other semi-auto rifle, handgun or shotgun. You just don't like the way they look.