Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 10:56 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
yes it has, markedly. We are now over 100 times bigger than we were in the war of 1812. We hve a standing military tht neednt worry about being overcome by a "Well regulated" militia.

The very reason for the first half of the Second Amendment was because they were afraid that the government would create a standing army and then say we no longer needed a militia.

By proposing the very thing that the Founding Fathers were trying to guard against, you show that the first half of the Second Amendment is still completely relevant to this day.

farmerman wrote:
We are no longer a nation in the wilderness.

Completely irrelevant. That was never the reason for the militia in the first place.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:21 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Those two quotes you gave are EXACTLY the same sentence.

Yes they are. Stop whining, but if you did you would have to stop posting. If you wish to repeat garbage I will point it out.

This argument is over. You are wrong and will never admit it.
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:21 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Among other things, ban the assault-style weapons which have fueled the Go Out In A Blaze Of Glory movement that is clearly catching on so horribly well.

Can you provide a good reason for banning pistol grips, or are you just out to violate people's rights for fun?

Mind you, when the gun control movement focuses single-mindedly on banning pistol grips, the result is always a total victory by the NRA, so I'm not trying to discourage you from your path here.

I just think it should be made clear that the only reason why people propose gun control is because they think it is fun to violate people's rights.
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:22 am
Time To Smash The Banks
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. gun lobby is taking aim at "gun-hating" banks after Citigroup Inc and Bank of America said they would no longer provide certain banking services to gun-makers, according to industry lobbyists.

The attack by Gun Owners of America and the National Rifle Association (NRA) could imperil de-regulatory gains the banks had hoped to win from Republican lawmakers and regulators, many of whom are staunch defenders of the Second-Amendment right to bear arms, according to industry sources.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-banks/u-s-gun-lobby-takes-aim-at-gun-hating-banks-citi-bofa-idUSKCN1IJ260
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:42 am
@oralloy,
just adjust credit rates or loan interests and see how long :boycotts work". Arent the GOP's the ones who stated that a boycott on Hobby Lobby or Chik-filet wouldnt work??

Thats why I would worry that Plump would be re- elected if the economy keeps running smoothly. People have principles but, cmon, money rules.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:43 am
@oralloy,
anyway, several gun mfrs will be tanking anyway
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 12:12 pm
@farmerman,
Dan Patrick says "one entrance." Lots of luck in an emergency, such as a fire.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 12:23 pm
@farmerman,
Well I guess we are in safe hands now. Oliver North (in an interview on FOX) claims school shootings are caused by Ritilan and a culture of violence. Granted he did admit he’s not a doctor, he is a Marine!
Initially it sounds crazy, but when you think of how genius his whole Iran Contra sceme...............never mind.......? It is crazy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 12:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
just adjust credit rates or loan interests and see how long :boycotts work". Arent the GOP's the ones who stated that a boycott on Hobby Lobby or Chik-filet wouldnt work??

The article had nothing to do with any boycott.

farmerman wrote:
Thats why I would worry that Plump would be re- elected if the economy keeps running smoothly. People have principles but, cmon, money rules.

No. We're bigger than the banks, and more powerful.

Trump will be reelected though. The Republicans are going to hold the White House for 20 years.
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 12:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
anyway, several gun mfrs will be tanking anyway

That happens to businesses from time to time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 12:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Dan Patrick says "one entrance." Lots of luck in an emergency, such as a fire.

Limited entrances don't preclude lots of exits.

In fact, designing schools so that there is an emergency exit in every single classroom might be useful both in shootings and in fires.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 01:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
Yes they are.
No, they're not.

Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
Stop whining, but if you did you would have to stop posting.
I'm not whining, I'm merely responding to some of your untrue fabrications so that others can see what you do.

Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
If you wish to repeat garbage I will point it out.
And if you wish to fabricate patently false assertions, I shall continue to expose you.

Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
This argument is over.
Maybe it is and maybe it's not. Either way you remain a frequently fabricating fop.

Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
You are wrong and will never admit it.
See? You're still lying. You can't help yourself.

For readers who wish to judge the truth, HERE is the original post of contention.

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 01:26 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Can you provide a good reason for banning pistol grips, or are you just out to violate people's rights for fun?

Mind you, when the gun control movement focuses single-mindedly on banning pistol grips, the result is always a total victory by the NRA, so I'm not trying to discourage you from your path here.

I just think it should be made clear that the only reason why people propose gun control is because they think it is fun to violate people's rights.

I'm out to ban rifles which mimic the look and capabilities of assault weapons, only scaled down to semi-automatic status. Which semi-automatic status can be made fully automatic by the purchase of a kit by the owner, even if the kit is illegal.

The reason I want to do this is to brake the ever-accelerating momentum of disturbed people going into crowded places and deciding to go down in a Blaze Of Glory, taking many innocents with them. Which now seems to an almost weekly occurrence.

https://i.imgur.com/s4SmEll.jpg?1
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 02:05 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
I'm out to ban rifles which mimic the look and capabilities of assault weapons, only scaled down to semi-automatic status. Which semi-automatic status can be made fully automatic by the purchase of a kit by the owner, even if the kit is illegal.

So if a kit does not exist to make it full auto, then you have no objection to the gun?

How do you prevent someone from designing conversion kits for all guns and effectively banning all guns?

Why does the appearance of a gun matter? If a gun could be converted to full auto but didn't mimic the look of a military weapon, would that gun be OK with you?

Blickers wrote:
The reason I want to do this is to brake the ever-accelerating momentum of disturbed people going into crowded places and deciding to go down in a Blaze Of Glory, taking many innocents with them. Which now seems to an almost weekly occurrence.

There doesn't seem to be much problem with guns being illegally converted to full auto. Has there ever been even a single person killed with an illegally-converted gun?

How does banning cosmetic features prevent people from going on killing sprees?
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 02:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
exits can be made only one way you know. Like emergency exit panels. We must do something with schools to make them more secure in design.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 02:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
No. We're bigger than the banks, and more powerful
I really think youve lot it. people vote their finances first and foremost. Look at Rusia, they long for the SOviet Days
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 02:16 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I really think youve lot it. people vote their finances first and foremost. Look at Rusia, they long for the SOviet Days

Well watch and learn, because we're going to teach the banks who is boss.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 03:03 pm
I may be wrong about the one entrance concept, but most if not all states are steadily defunding public schools to bare bones. Lots of luck getting funding to redesign the buildings.
oralloy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 03:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I may be wrong about the one entrance concept, but most if not all states are steadily defunding public schools to bare bones. Lots of luck getting funding to redesign the buildings.

Just make requirements for the design of new schools. Over time, old schools will be replaced by new schools.

Safety codes are often updated this way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 03:48 pm
Even if they succeeded in making schools safe, that just accounts for that side of mass killing. There are the ones from in tall buildings, church shooters, and so forth. So even if schools are 1,000% safe, the gun problem persists.