Guns: how much longer will it take ....

coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:15 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
The NRA-owned Congress, Senate, and President sure aren't going to do anything to stop it.

No blame belongs to the policies that discipline or the parents who raise these kids?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:21 pm
@gungasnake,
I'm trying to make people like you stop before it gets that bad.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I'm trying to make people like you stop

Stop what? What has he done? What laws has he broken? Why stop law abiding citizens from exercising their rights?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
People end up this way when they have no way to defend themselves from their own govt. It strikes me that people like you and the rest of the anti-gun people want an unarmed America so you can do whatever you want with the Constitution and our laws. It would be people like me who end up in the death camps if people like you were to ban the 2nd Amendment, my lack of extreme liberal views would be my death sentence.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:46 pm
@Baldimo,
GTotally absurd paranoia much, baldimol? Meanwhile we have another student defending his 2nd amendment rightas ro self-cefense, by shooting up and killing nine of his schoolmates. Again; You go, 2nd amendent NRA, you're relally keeping us safe.. Not.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
2nd amendment right

The 2nd amendment does not give anyone the right to murder. If you are incapable of understanding that, why even post?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 12:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
GTotally absurd paranoia much, baldimol?

When people such as yourself make such a hard push to remove the 2nd Amendment from the Constitution, you can't really blame me for being paranoid. After all, if banning abortions will lead to "back alley abortions", then I can claim my freedom is at stake. It has already been stated by different people in the DNC, they purpose is to ban guns, they aren't shy about it anymore.

Quote:
Meanwhile we have another student defending his 2nd amendment rightas ro self-cefense, by shooting up and killing nine of his schoolmates. Again; You go, 2nd amendent NRA, you're relally keeping us safe.. Not.

How stupid are you? You wonder why people don't take your anti-gun claims seriously? When you make dumb comments like this to tarnish gun owners, can you see why we don't trust your ilk with our Rights?

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 02:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
So far 8 persons confirmed dead in a shooting at a Santa Fe TX high school. Thanks gun nuts.

The freedom haters are at fault here. They are the ones who ensured that no one was armed and able to defend themselves.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Gun nuts will say anything to change the subject. Because they know in their hearts they are killing thousands of fellow Americans.

Referring to factual details of the incident isn't exactly changing the subject.

The only people who are at fault for these deaths are the freedom haters who made sure that the victims were unarmed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 02:38 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Maybe they ought to just start summer vacation right now nationwide. That's the only way they are going to stop the slaughter. The NRA-owned Congress, Senate, and President sure aren't going to do anything to stop it.

Do you know of a magical way of making people decide not to commit murder?
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 02:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
GTotally absurd paranoia much, baldimol? Meanwhile we have another student defending his 2nd amendment rightas ro self-cefense, by shooting up and killing nine of his schoolmates. Again; You go, 2nd amendent NRA, you're relally keeping us safe.. Not.

It wasn't the NRA who made sure that these victims were defenseless.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Do you know of a magical way of making people decide not to commit murder?

A magical way, no. I can think of ways to start. One of which is start deconstructing the crazy gun culture that has sprung up the past couple of decades.

Gun people used to be about "field sports" and hunting. Now, increasingly it's about everyone getting ready to blast away when the Evil Zionist Rothschild New World Order comes to their door. And the people who profit off that fantasy.
maporsche

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
If only there were candidates of a particular party who you could vote for in America (nationwide or local) who are willing to address this problem...

...if only.

But no, we decided that a the difference between raising the minimum wage by only 155% instead of 193% was waaaaay more important (and as such, we got a 0% raise).
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:52 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Evil Zionist Rothschild New World Order comes to their door.

People do not like globalists, nor should they.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:14 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
A magical way, no. I can think of ways to start. One of which is start deconstructing the crazy gun culture that has sprung up the past couple of decades.

What crazy gun culture are you talking about? Do you mean the types of people who don't want an actual Constitutional Amendment infringed?

Quote:
Gun people used to be about "field sports" and hunting. Now, increasingly it's about everyone getting ready to blast away when the Evil Zionist Rothschild New World Order comes to their door. And the people who profit off that fantasy.

The only reason people are concerned about their gun rights, is because people like you are actively trying to take them away. If no one was talking about banning guns and confiscating them, there would be no need to discuss our rights.

Boulder CO, Deerfield Il, just to name 2 cities who are passing laws that would allow guns to be taken from people.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I'm trying to make people like you stop before it gets that bad.

Wrong, you're trying to make it that bad and you aren't even bright enough to realize it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:19 pm
The really serious murdering over the past two centuries has all been done by governments. Any sort of murder committed by individuals is basically amateurism, government murder is professional.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:16 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
A magical way, no. I can think of ways to start. One of which is start deconstructing the crazy gun culture

Abolishing American values of freedom and civil rights will do nothing to prevent any murders.

Blickers wrote:
the crazy gun culture that has sprung up the past couple of decades.

Our militia system was created by the Anglo Saxon kingdoms in England around 600 AD. And they brought the concept with them from their ancient Germanic culture that extends back for thousands of years.

The concept of civil rights began with the Magna Carta in 1215. By the 1689 English Bill of Rights, ordinary people had civil rights as well as the nobles.

That's quite a bit longer than a couple of decades.

Blickers wrote:

Gun rights have always been about self defense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:20 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
If only there were candidates of a particular party who you could vote for in America (nationwide or local) who are willing to address this problem...
...if only.

Well, there aren't.

The Democrats don't even care about the problem. They only want to use the issue as a weapon to violate people's civil rights for fun.

The Republicans care, but they are realistic about the fact that there is nothing that can be done.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 10:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
What crazy gun culture are you talking about?

Examples:

LAX shooter

nutty senior citizen

nutty senior citizen at least partially redeemed by his stand on marijuana

Guns as a religious commitment

Same ol' New World Order drivel, but you've got to love Tony Iommi's power chords