Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 03:15 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
And yet, you poor souls can't own anti-aircraft cannons

Except, we can.

Owning an anti-aircraft cannon in the US is about as difficult as owning a shotgun in the UK. Difficult certainly, but still doable.

I don't know why you keep saying that we can't own something that we can in fact own.

But that's getting a bit off target. Presuming for a second for the sake of argument that we couldn't own anti-aircraft cannons, how would that in any way harm our right to have guns for self defense?
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 04:53 am
@MontereyJack,
he apparently doesnt have an appreciation or understanding of the word "mandate"

Its like, "there is a mandate for addition of arsenic to mat products in the US, aby do doing the meat industry protects your freedoms"
(The only problem is that the above statement is basically true, we are one of the very few countries that are allowed to leave As residues in meats and still be salable)

We live in a post 1984 where

Death is freedom

HAte is love

Poisons are food

we mandate carrying guns
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 04:58 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Constitution does mandate that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
. Your unnderstanding of Wnglish is migrating to superlatives. The constitution does not MANDATE anything in the 2nd Amendment, a mandate is a command. Are you saying that veryone MUST carry a gun?
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:33 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
he apparently doesnt have an appreciation or understanding of the word "mandate"

Wrong. I understand completely.
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 05:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The constitution does not MANDATE anything in the 2nd Amendment,

That is incorrect. The Constitution mandates that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

farmerman wrote:
a mandate is a command.

Yes.

farmerman wrote:
Are you saying that veryone MUST carry a gun?

No.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:03 am
@oralloy,
If anybody in the US could own functional anti-aircraft guns, all sorts of people would be shooting down airplanes over the US right now. And if you were allowed to carry guns in airplanes, quite a number of flight attendants would be dead...

You should be grateful that the second amendment is not being applied, cause that amendment is a piece of ****.
oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:21 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
If anybody in the US could own functional anti-aircraft guns, all sorts of people would be shooting down airplanes over the US right now.

Apparently you're wrong. Because we are in fact allowed to own them.

Although explosive shells are a bit hard to come by.

And it isn't exactly "anybody". I've explained about a dozen times now that it is somewhere between "anybody" and "nobody". The process is similar to the process for owning a shotgun in the UK.

They don't allow "anybody" to own a shotgun in the UK. But they do allow "some" people to own a shotgun in the UK.

Olivier5 wrote:
You should be grateful that the second amendment is not being applied, cause that amendment is a piece of ****.

I don't share your dislike for freedom and civil rights.

And the NRA is in fact applying the Second Amendment. That's why all the freedom haters are so unhappy with the NRA.
Glennn

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 06:50 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
For your information, the cops keep shooting perfectly innocent people because they are afraid they'd be carrying a gun.

No, I'm talking about law abiding citizens legally carrying concealed weapons. Unlike you, the vast majority of police are not afraid of that. Why does it make you afraid? You don't have to be scared.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 07:04 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The process is similar to the process for owning a shotgun in the UK.
So just checking, if you'd any previous convictions, you than declare that you don't have any physical or mental health condition that may affect your ability to possess and use the gun. You then give details of where your cannon is to be stored. And finally you let sign the papers by someone (not a relative, a serving policeman or police civilian employee, or a registered firearms dealer) who has known you personally for at least two years.

That's really quite simple!
You must have some dozen million of cannon owners in the USA.
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 07:42 am
@oralloy,
then you dont understand the meaning of "understand". Defiant ignorance is no excuse . Try a little language skill training
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 07:58 am
@farmerman,
after searching out "Waynes world" and his wish for his view o the US and the resultant language used by his NRA, I can see from where Oral gets his fractured english . It IS 1984. Wayne doesnt want ANY controls on a society of gun brandishing "malapropists".
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 08:11 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

And the NRA is in fact applying the Second Amendment
Actually, the NRA has been singularly responsible for redefining the 2nd Amendment since the late 1960's.
It appears that many of your gun clowns hqve been re-defining "who loves America", while fully not recognizing that you are miscasting reality rather simple mindedly.
Why bother thinking things out when you have wayne feeding you these idiotic bumper stickers(many of which you quote are border-line sedition)

gungasnake

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:05 am
@edgarblythe,
The British government is now in the process of banning knives...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:08 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
How about rented vans?

Even the best assault rifle can only kill a few dozen people here and there.

That's chicken ****. Why settle for something like that when you can legally kill tens of millions of people by banning something like DDT?

https://able2know.org/topic/457759-1
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You must have some dozen million of cannon owners in the USA.

No. They tend to be pretty expensive.

http://www.azfirearms.com/p-6394-azfirearms-model-m101a1-howitzer-105mm-nfa.aspx
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
then you dont understand the meaning of "understand".

Nope. I understand that as well.

farmerman wrote:
Defiant ignorance is no excuse .

No ignorance on my part. Everything I said is true.

farmerman wrote:
Try a little language skill training

My language skills are fine. You just don't like civil rights and so react in silly ways when people truthfully point out the existence of civil rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I can see from where Oral gets his fractured english.

No such fractured English. You're just upset because I pointed out that Americans have civil rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:32 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Actually, the NRA has been singularly responsible for redefining the 2nd Amendment since the late 1960's.

Nope. The Second Amendment has always protected the right to keep and bear arms.

farmerman wrote:
It appears that many of your gun clowns hqve been re-defining "who loves America", while fully not recognizing that you are miscasting reality rather simple mindedly.

It is perfectly fair to characterize someone who enjoys violating civil rights as an enemy of the American people.

farmerman wrote:
Why bother thinking things out when you have wayne feeding you these idiotic bumper stickers(many of which you quote are border-line sedition)

I realize that you don't like it when I post facts, but complaining that facts are bumper stickers is pretty silly.

Hardly seditious to point out facts and reality, even when liberals don't like it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:39 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Second Amendment has always protected the right to keep and bear arms
so machine guns wre very popular during the post revolution period?? Boy I learn a lot here from the obsessed ones
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:40 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is perfectly fair to characterize someone who enjoys violating civil rights as an enemy of the American people
then look in a mirror and you will see your enemy of freedom