Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 11:01 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Who says one is 'ok to own' and the other ain't?

The freedom haters do. Despite all of your false accusations, the freedom haters really do care only about banning pistol grips.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 11:03 am
@oralloy,
Whiny Brats Crying Because Florida Refused to Ban Pistol Grips:
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2018/02/20/USATODAY/USATODAY/636547353091154050-04.JPG
coldjoint

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 11:04 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:

22 percent of guns are obtained without a check:

Does the study bother to say what percentage of those guns were used in crimes?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 11:41 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Who says one is 'ok to own' and the other ain't?

The people who are passing laws to restrict the AR-15. Now stop dodging the valid question and let me know why one is being banned and the other one isn't.

22% is not an absence of background checks as you claimed. What the study shows is a vast majority of guns are sold with a background check, over 75%.

So please explain why the Ruger Ranch Rifle is legal and the Ar-15 is banned?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Why don't you ask them? I know nobody who is passing laws to ban any gun.

22% means millions of guns are bought without background checks. That's an issue. Stop nitpicking.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:48 pm
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 04:17 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Now that's a cop out. You don't know anyone? Have you checked the lists of banned and proposed banned guns? Of course not.

Quote:
22% means millions of guns are bought without background checks.

How is that an issue, background checks are not the same as registration. The people you are worried about will not get those background checks anyways. Do you really think background checks on private sales is going to make that big a difference on gun crime or is it just to make people feel better? It would seem if there are millions of gun owners who haven't had background check, you would think the gun crimes would be higher.

Quote:
That's an issue. Stop nitpicking.

I'm not nitpicking, I'm pointing out the BS rhetoric used by you and other anti-gun nuts. You want to give the impression that there is no background checks when in reality over 75% of gun purchases take place with a background check. You used the word absence, not me.
Glennn

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2018 04:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I know nobody who is passing laws to ban any gun.

Here's one:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/us/deerfield-illinois-assault-weapon-ban-trnd/index.html
Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 12:28 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Now that's a cop out. 

You're asking me to guess what what some unknown, far away people think... I'm not a telepath.

The question of what guns should be allowed and what gun should be banned in your country is not for me to answer. I'm not competent nor mandated. You guys are going to have to decide that all by yourselves, like grown-ups. It's bound to be arbitrary and imperfect; these things always are. You got to draw the line somewhere, and wherever you draw it, an army of nitpickers are going to whine forever that they disagree with where it's drawn...

Bachground checks are key to keeping guns away from the mad and the unstable.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 12:32 am
@Glennn,
Good for them, way to go!
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 02:25 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
22% means millions of guns are bought without background checks. That's an issue. Stop nitpicking.

If you personally want to do something other than waste all of your energy on a pointless attempt to ban pistol grips, instead of falsely accusing me of lying when I correctly state that the freedom haters and the whiny brats are trying to do this, you should say that the freedom haters and the whiny brats are nutcases and you disagree with their extremist stance.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 02:28 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You're asking me to guess what what some unknown, far away people think... I'm not a telepath.

If you don't want to learn what someone's positions are, then perhaps you should not be endorsing or embracing their positions.

And you certainly shouldn't be falsely accusing me of lying when I correctly state what their positions are.

Olivier5 wrote:
The question of what guns should be allowed and what gun should be banned in your country is not for me to answer. I'm not competent nor mandated. You guys are going to have to decide that all by yourselves, like grown-ups. It's bound to be arbitrary and imperfect; these things always are. You got to draw the line somewhere, and wherever you draw it, an army of nitpickers are going to whine forever that they disagree with where it's drawn...

It is not nearly so ambiguous. Something either can be justified with a good reason, or it can't.

Can you think of any good reason for banning pistol grips?

Olivier5 wrote:
Bachground checks are key to keeping guns away from the mad and the unstable.

Maybe so, but the freedom haters and the whiny brats have chosen to devote all of their energy towards trying to ban pistol grips.

If you disagree with their nutty and extremist stance, instead of falsely accusing me of lying when I describe them correctly, simply state that you disagree with their nutty and extremist stance.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 02:29 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Good for them, way to go!

I guess you didn't care much about background checks after all. Here you are cheering for a ban on pistol grips.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 07:47 am
@oralloy,
Wow...

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29792471_10214080752831772_6369471239094218925_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHr5MK-fdrFQWKRdt2V5t-tusgDpMnrR9BQHrBqPJhlw4eAOs31EPN9clCLaCuHlje4Q6qNG-jpdIJ8VZLAZBgUjhT4gYD80YBbdZ1ZkX3kOQ&oh=85d4aa8f7ada42d56e675cd2b8bf9a9d&oe=5B3033AB
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 08:36 am
@oralloy,
Gun suckers are the nutcases here. Anyone who prioretizes his or her gun hoarding addiction to the safety of children in the community needs his head examined.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 08:40 am
@oralloy,
I'm cheering their effort to reduce the number and lethality of guns in their city. They took a step in the right direction. It may not be the alpha and omega of gun control but symbolically it's important, it sends a message. Get a grip.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 08:48 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Gun suckers are the nutcases here. Anyone who prioretizes his or her gun hoarding addiction to the safety of children in the community needs his head examined.

How exactly does banning pistol grips improve the safety of any children?
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 08:50 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I'm cheering their effort to reduce the number and lethality of guns in their city.

You're cheering for a ban on pistol grips. How does banning pistol grips reduce the number of guns or the lethality of guns?

Olivier5 wrote:
They took a step in the right direction.

Unless you have a good reason to justify banning pistol grips, you are saying that violating people's rights for no reason is a step in the right direction.

Olivier5 wrote:
It may not be the alpha and omega of gun control but symbolically it's important, it sends a message.

Why do you think that violating people's civil rights for no reason is an important symbolic message to send?

All it does is prove that you don't care about saving lives. You just like to violate people's rights for fun.

You also prove that you are an outrageous liar for repeatedly falsely accusing me of lying a few pages back. You've just proved that everything that I said is true.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 09:50 am
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30124583_151639089002456_6356959195090858677_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHp8NaTjWvR_z-Icbhor46SJi-Ume-NuIX_FjYsB0f1pN8zdKsiLi2Rar6l1XLYJSP9ilV-RAfO7p_NdCJCGivlV5fBeYkG9bo95OKF3vujSA&oh=4244cfdfe5941428f49333a7d4e96cf2&oe=5B640D8C
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2018 10:01 am
The basic motive of the demokkkrat pols here for the benefit of anybody who hasn't figured it out yet.

They've given up on trying to compete in any sort of a marketplace of ideas and hope to win via gaming and technique and identity politics ("You're black, therefore you have to vote for us...") and their policies have apparently created large classes of people whose only salable skill is voting and they prefer, to the extent possible, to keep all of those losers in a certain number of large cities which are under tight demokkkrat machine control. There, unfortunately for the dem pols, the drugs, the out of control sex and debauchery, the poverty and general malaise and the drug turf wars and free availability of firearms in America due to our second amendment have created a situation in which murder rates could plausibly reduce their voting numbers.

That's the whole deal right there. Demokkkrat pols don't give a rat's ass for for any particular individual who might get gunned down in one of their fubar cities, all they are interested in is votes and power.
0 Replies