Guns: how much longer will it take ....

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 08:43 pm
@coldjoint,
nor do expect that youve ever shown any courage in anything beyond your hot pink ejaculations
coldjoint

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 08:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
nor do expect that youve ever shown any courage in anything beyond your hot pink ejaculations

And how would you know that? Your evaluation of anyone that you do not know is nothing more than arrogance. A serious shortcoming. Ask Trump, arrogance like yours won him the election.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 09:12 pm
@coldjoint,
You will notice that my arrogance is limited to talking to schmendriks like you. I dont think Ive been accused of being an incompetent president like mr Trump.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 09:15 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
You will notice that my arrogance is limited to talking to schmendriks like you.

You have just proven my point. Thanks.
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 09:37 pm
@coldjoint,
so even you accept your schmendricity?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 09:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
so even you accept your schmendricity?

I accept that you don't seem to be bright enough to do anything but name calling. I suggest you quit while you think you are ahead.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 06:17 am
@coldjoint,
I dont consier being "ahead" with the likes of you anymore than I would debate a chipmunk. I just love to taunt typical inverted GOP beliefs in a totally unassailable 2A even though the lead conservative thinker of the USSC disagrees with you.
Those kids ( about whom its your and a few others latest mission to denigrate and denounce) are brave young citizens no matter what you and your cronies wish to convey through your own brave use of electronic anonymity
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 09:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Those kids ( about whom its your and a few others latest mission to denigrate and denounce) are brave young citizens no matter what

they were willing to put themselves out there

some of them admitted that they were frightened to go out there

some of them posted that they were afraid that they might be physically attacked

but they marched and chanted and threw up from fear and sang

I am so proud of the children and parents I know who were out there. I'm proud of them all. They stood up for something they cared about.

We did our anti-Vietnam war thing - I was barely a teen when I marched and signed petitions and sent telegrams (that was a LONG time ago) - and I'm so happy to see an engaged generation after decades of self-care blahness.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 09:53 am
@ehBeth,
isnt that a fact?
Im tired of the vocal right yelling at me telling me how I hate America.

It's how democracies get their renewal. We let the status quo go along pretty much unchallenged until it becomes unbearable any longer to listen to empty headed lecturing from a bunch of know nothings who try to dismiss attacks on our lives and those of our kids by reminding us that we must worship unquestioningly at the feet of a vaguely worded bit of "250 year old heavily argued case law" and claim that if we dont we are enemies of a state.
I totally reject that as BS by a bunch of whiney clowns who are afraid for their lives at all times.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Very sensitive: Post Nation
NRA host taunts Parkland teens: ‘No one would know your names’ if classmates were still alive
Quote:
As they’ve stepped out of the hallways of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and into the national spotlight, the Parkland, Fla., teenagers have become Twitter influencers, TV news show mainstays and the stoic-faced subjects of a Time magazine cover.

But they’ve also increasingly become targets: Their most prominent critics are people who see them less as survivors of a tragedy and more as pawns in a larger effort to influence gun policy.

The latest attack came from Colion Noir, a host on NRATV who took to the airwaves on the eve of the Parkland teens-led March on Washington, telling them: “No one would know your names” if a student gunman hadn’t stormed into their school and killed three staff members and 14 students.

“To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,” Noir said.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 10:53 am
http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/22/how-the-second-amendment-prevents-tyranny/#.WrUiqQwfGyI.facebook
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:01 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Those kids

Are kids, and are being used by people who want to destroy our system and our country by ******* with the Bill of Rights. Pretty simple to prove, and to understand, no wonder you don't get it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im tired of the vocal right yelling at me telling me how I hate America.

One possible solution: Stop hating America and Americans, stop working and voting against the American middle class.
revelette1

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well that would have been good if a SWAT trained officer was at Parkland to prevent the seventeen deaths. It would be costly to put that many SWAT trained officers in every single public school, theaters, concert...in the US.

Quote:
Gaskill, a 34-year-old SWAT-trained officer of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, was working as the school’s resource officer when a student opened fire in a first-floor hallway, striking a female student and possibly a male classmate. Gaskill confronted the shooter as students and teachers scrambled for cover. Both fired their weapons, and the gunman was fatally wounded. Gaskill was not injured.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:23 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:

One possible solution: Stop hating America and Americans, stop working and voting against the American middle class.

Do you think he would ever admit, or even knows, what he is doing and saying?

A lot of posts here could be signed by a myriad of group thinkers here, they all say the same thing.
revelette1

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:26 am
Quote:
The White House responded to the wave of March For Our Lives protests in the nation’s capital and beyond on Saturday morning by promoting the Trump administration’s efforts to ban bump stocks — an attempt that will likely either fail without congressional support or be met with pushback from gun rights groups.

“We applaud the many courageous young Americans exercising their First Amendment rights today,” Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters wrote in a statement. “Keeping our children safe is a top priority of the President’s, which is why he urged Congress to pass the Fix NICS [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] and STOP School Violence Acts, and signed them into law. Additionally, on Friday, the Department of Justice issued the rule to ban bump stocks following through on the President’s commitment to ban devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns.”

The STOP School Violence Act, introduced by Rep. John Rutherford (R-FL) and supported by legislators on both sides of the aisle, was signed into law on Friday and provides funding for increased school safety measures as well as training for teachers and staff to identify potential threats.

The Fix NICS Act was attached to the $1.3 trillion omnibus bill passed on Friday and strengthens existing background check systems for all gun sales, penalizing agencies that fail to report relevant eligibility records that determine whether someone is able to purchase a firearm.

The bump stock ban, however, is more complicated. The Justice Department on Friday issued a proposed rule that would require all bump stocks — devices which allow a semi-automatic firearm to mimic the firepower of a fully automatic weapon — to be destroyed or surrendered. It’s the kind of devices used by a gunman during a horrific shooting at a music festival in Las Vegas in October that killed 58 people.

“After the senseless shooting in Las Vegas, this proposed rule is a critical step in our effort to reduce the threat of gun violence that is in keeping with the Constitution and the laws passed by Congress,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions stated.

However, officials at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) have stated repeatedly that it’s impossible to impose such a ban without new legislation from Congress. Because bump stock-modified weapons are not classified as machine guns — fully automatic weapons that are considered illegal under current law — the Justice Department and ATF would need legislators to reclassify them as such first before enacting any sort of regulations on them.

Using the National Firearm Act of 1934, ATF defines a machine gun as “any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to [automatically] shoot” more than one shot with a single trigger pull. Bump stock-modified firearms are not considered machine guns because the trigger must be engaged every time the user wants to fire a round.

“We could not find a way to classify [a bump stock-modified firearm] as a machine gun,” ATF senior technical expert Rick Vasquez told The Trace in October. “We tested the product; consulted applicable laws, including the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the National Firearms Act; and wrote an evaluation…it was a monumental job.”

Previous attempts by legislators to ban bump stocks have also fallen flat. As ThinkProgress previously reported, in 2013, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a bill that would have banned bump stocks and halted the sale of military-style “assault” weapons that could accept a detachable stock. And as Vox noted in October, the proposal was met with pushback from Republicans and some Democrats and was never brought to a vote.

Without proper legislative procedures, any proposed bump stock ban will likely be met with resistance from gun groups. Already, the National Rifle Association has said it supports such a ban, but believes the administration should do so through regulatory measures within the Justice Department — the same kind of regulatory measures that ATF has said would be impossible to implement without congressional action.

TP
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:38 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
One possible solution: Stop hating America and Americans,
so youre all part of the insane bumper sticker posse.
My vote cancels yours.

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:41 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
A lot of posts here could be signed by a myriad of group thinkers here
says the spokesman from the anthill. Noone of your group has had a creative thought on line since birth. You all should recognize that youve even been reading from the same script