Isn't it nice to not have such an incompetent tool in the White house?

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 04:53 pm
Man, that Bush was some kind of retard, wasn't he? Everyday of seeing Obama hard at work actually doing things makes me see more and more what a ******* moron that other guy was. It's nice to see the contrast. From incompetence to competent. From a guy who never even read a newspaper, to a guy who actually spends the first three hours of every day reading his intelligence briefs and newspapers. From a smirking chimp who could barely get out a sentence without a flub to an eloquent leader who actually sounds like he knows what the words that are coming out of his mouth mean.

What a relief, right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 23 • Views: 6,783 • Replies: 94

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 04:58 pm
@kickycan,
Rolling Eyes good lord. Razz
kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:20 pm
@mismi,
How DARE you give me the rolly-eye emoticon! Just the sight of that emoticon sends me into an uncrontrollable rage! YYYAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

<begins smashing everything in the apartment>
mismi

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:23 pm
@kickycan,
<hands Kicky a beer and the remote> settle down there cowboy. Wink
kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:26 pm
@mismi,
<takes remote and immediately calms down enough to down the entire beer in one gulp> Oh, thank god. Good TV...Nice TV....
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:28 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

Good TV...Nice TV....

my preciousssssssss...
kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:34 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Ha!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 05:46 pm
@kickycan,
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
That emoticon! I'll kill everything in this apartment! HEEEEYAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

<goes to cabinet and arm-swipes entire collection of novelty beer cans all over the living room and begins stomping them in a mad frenzy.>

<Suddenly the television comes on and there is Obama speaking at his news conference. He stops in mid-scream and is calm again.>

I mean, come on, just look at this guy take questions. He is so not an incompetent tool!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:21 pm
@kickycan,
Those novelty beer cans that you just stomped will be collectors' items one day. Rolling Eyes (No kidding, I had a landlord for a while who collected shaving cream, beer bottles, baseball cards, and I forget what else. Dining room full of special glass cases..)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:29 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
That emoticon! I'll kill everything in this apartment! HEEEEYAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

poor little rats.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:07 pm
Kicky, in answer to your question...

It is indeed a striking contrast - from shallow and vague to thoughtful and focused; from endless repetition of asinine bromides to actual attempts at intelligent replies. I always thought Bush was an incredibly silly and ignorant man, and I marveled at how the American people could have bought his plastic cowboy act to the tune of TWO terms as the most powerful man in the free world.

But truth be told, I am also marveling that the American people had what it took to get this man into office - a principled, contemplative (self-identified as) Black man like Obama.

I look at the TV and I am reminded that things can, indeed, change. Gives me hope.....
kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:30 pm
@snood,
Couldn't agree more. Especially this part:

Quote:
from endless repetition of asinine bromides to actual attempts at intelligent replies.

YES!
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:40 pm
@kickycan,
The right is now engaged in an attempt to play down Obamas speaking skills. They wish to intercept his obvious talents at communication by the "Teleprompter" as a constant companion ploy. I saw no teleprompter this evening. He was patient, demanding, skillfully didactic, and mildly working a small joke.

It really is nice having a leader with a triple digit IQ. I feel that I havent wasted my time in my own education, I dont have to listen down to presidential speeches.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:49 pm
It really is quite striking. Christ, I wish Obama could have debated Bush. Just once.

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Letterman had a bit on Obama's use of teleprompters and contrasting him with a teleprompter and Bush without one - it's in HuffPo as a video today.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:55 pm
@farmerman,
During his press conference tonight, he answered one reporter who asked why it took him so long to respond to something (I missed the beginning of the question) with the following: "It took a couple days for my response because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak."

And there we see a perfect illustration of the difference between them.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 08:11 pm
The American People elected Bush....Twice. Five minutes of pondering that thought aught to be effective in washing away the warm fuzzies.
roger

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 08:46 pm
@farmerman,
I cannot imagine anyone playing down his speaking skills. Nor Bill Clinton's, for that matter.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 09:44 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I cannot imagine anyone playing down his speaking skills. Nor Bill Clinton's, for that matter.

ahh. roger baits the trap with troll treats...