Welcome Sports Haters!

I Like 1981

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
That comment was quite clearly made in jest to reflect my irritation over attractive women's preference of sports fans as partners. It was just a joke. As I have already said many times in this thread, I have never been the starter or the victor of a fight - only the loser or the target. And let's not forget that I currently weigh about 12 stone and 2 pounds which really is not a fighting build, one that would be able to withstand a bit of physical damage that would provide a good fight against one of these "tough boyfriends". And yes, I would most likely get a public disorder offence and receive a fine or perhaps even a short jail sentence if I were to assault a man out of jealousy over a girl so it seems my only option is to seethe in anger to myself. There are no financially or physically negative consequences to that, only emotionally. But it is acceptable. That statement was obviously a joke to show irritation. Although I would smack someone if they were to start the scrap against me, in which case my consequences would be less severe as it would be considered an act of self-defence. You are right on this one, though, Dave. Being the one to throw the first punch does put you in the position of being the blame and thus receiving the harder consequences. With some of the extreme things that have been said on this thread I thought an obviously exaggerated statement such as that would not be considered too bad. Apparently I am wrong.

Saying all this, I would like to go down to the gym sometime and gain a bit of muscle as that has many positive effects emotionally and physically - increased self-confidence, ability to perform better at heavy manual tasks, increased fitness etc. The advantages of that would render a small membership fee more than worthwhile. THAT idea I shall keep in mind.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 10:04 am
@I Like 1981,
I Like 1981 wrote:

That comment was quite clearly made in jest to reflect my irritation over attractive women's preference of sports fans as partners. It was just a joke. As I have already said many times in this thread, I have never been the starter or the victor of a fight - only the loser or the target. And let's not forget that I currently weigh about 12 stone and 2 pounds which really is not a fighting build, one that would be able to withstand a bit of physical damage that would provide a good fight against one of these "tough boyfriends". And yes, I would most likely get a public disorder offence and receive a fine or perhaps even a short jail sentence if I were to assault a man out of jealousy over a girl so it seems my only option is to seethe in anger to myself. There are no financially or physically negative consequences to that, only emotionally. But it is acceptable. That statement was obviously a joke to show irritation. Although I would smack someone if they were to start the scrap against me, in which case my consequences would be less severe as it would be considered an act of self-defence. You are right on this one, though, Dave. Being the one to throw the first punch does put you in the position of being the blame and thus receiving the harder consequences. With some of the extreme things that have been said on this thread I thought an obviously exaggerated statement such as that would not be considered too bad. Apparently I am wrong.

Saying all this, I would like to go down to the gym sometime and gain a bit of muscle as that has many positive effects emotionally and physically - increased self-confidence, ability to perform better at heavy manual tasks, increased fitness etc. The advantages of that would render a small membership fee more than worthwhile. THAT idea I shall keep in mind.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
A joke; I see. I don 't know whether those stones weigh a lot or a little.

With the fullness of candor and respect, I certainly acknowledge
your autonomy in considering the matter of the girls as u wish.
I take a different vu. For many years, I was obsessed with a
very elegant, blonde, blue eyed girl named Joyce, descended
of the Austrian aristocracy, who unexpectedly made
overtures of friendship in school over 50 years ago.
Of those years, we spent very little time together.
I was subsequently rejected by her in favor of someone else,
who was also named David.

I recognize the autonomy of each citizen of each gender
to decide for herself or himself qua possible partners.
I do not see that I have any basis for resentment in her choice
of someone else. She is the only judge of with whom she will
be a friend or closer. I bear her no ill will. She never owed me anything.
Her boyfriends did nothing improper, so far as I am aware.
Possibly, thay r fine fellows.
I can be glad that her negative aspects, such as thay may be,
will never afflict me. (Call it sour grapes, but thay still will not afflict me.)

U can 't make anyone like u.
No one has a duty to like u.
Friendship cannot exist unless it is spontaneous.
It does no good to carry resentment around.

David
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:18 pm
The following post was recently submitted at the website that is the topic of this thread. The sentiments expressed therein should help to explain (partly, but not entirely) why some people are not exactly enamored of the sports culture. Notice I said "sports culture," not "sports." Certainly there is nothing inherently morally wrong (or, for that matter, virtuous) in throwing, hitting, tossing, or kicking a ball in an athletic contest. Athletic events are enjoyable, but morally neutral. Attitudes that are manifested in the way that others are treated are a different matter. Wrong attitudes give rise to wrong actions.

How exactly does it feel to know that without our modern conveniences you guys would be victims of evolution? You are beta males who shy away from competition or physicality. You can't gel with society and I suspect many of you are somewhere in the Autistic spectrum and you blame others for your own inability to fit in.

You would all be left behind to die a few centuries ago. You wouldn't be able to fit into the pack. You wouldn't be able to feed yourself. You wouldn't be able to find a mate (which I'm sure holds true for most of you today). You would die.

Take for example FatMan, who is on disability and gladly taking tax dollars that us able bodied people work hard for. Instead of trying to better himself and avoiding an early death and a painful life (admitting he has arthritis so bad that he cannot stand for extended periods of time) he buys himself a motorized chair to roll around in while spending money that he didn't earn. It's pathetic and frankly infuriating. How can one man be so cavalier about being an obese societal leech?

Instead, however, you are all here. Sitting in your chairs in your mothers' basements posting about how much you hate sports. It's the brutes who have built this society on their backs. It's the alpha males who ascend through the ranks in the major corporations that drive this economy. It's the physically minded that always have and always will run society. There is a reason for that. The timid and meek simply aren't fit to run anything.

And before the mountain of self fellating bullshit that is surely to follow, I'd like to add that I am a psychologist (with his doctorate) that works with children who have problems fitting in and often times all it takes to make them happy is to suggest they join a school sports team. Being part of the team goes a long way towards wiring the mind for confidence.

These sentiments remind me of racist attitudes.
panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:23 pm
@wmwcjr,
somebody rescind his doctorate
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:38 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

That 's right.
On my first day of class in Abnormal Psychology in college,
the professor said that there r is a higher rate of suicide
among psychologists than any other profession.
spendius

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

He has a point. Girls are drawn towards sporting prowess. If it wasn't for monogamy they all would be. And monogamy is a religious invention and not found in evolution.

One would thus expect sports haters to be religious. Or confused.

One shouldn't be rescinding qualifications for telling it how it is because the result is to hand them out to those who tell it how it isn't.
wmwcjr

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:51 pm
@panzade,
Thank you very much for the moral support.

I have reason to believe that he's lying. There's reason for me to believe that he's not a psychologist. I'd have to go into detail to explain why.

But, again, thanks for the moral support.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:10 pm
@spendius,
Whoa! Back the truck up!
Quote:
Instead, however, you are all here. Sitting in your chairs in your mothers' basements posting about how much you hate sports.

It's the brutes who have built this society on their backs. It's the alpha males who ascend through the ranks in the major corporations that drive this economy.

It's the physically minded that always have and always will run society. There is a reason for that. The timid and meek simply aren't fit to run anything.

spendius, you see this as a legitimate overview of our society? Written by a Phd.?

slightly barmy, you are
Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:50 pm
What kind of Fucken retards want to watch a bunch of men in tights run around in the grass chassing a ball!?!?!?

The people I saw last night at the hockey game eating funnel cake (FRIED DOUGH WITH SURUP) are NOT running society.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:01 pm
I have a couple ideas on this sports thing....

The first one was to give them swords, give these football and baseball players swords. THEN i will pay to watch. They tell me that will never happen, well see.

The next one is Let us have high powered paint ball guns in the bleachers so we can shot these assholes on the feild NOW THATS A GAME.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:18 am
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
I have a couple ideas on this sports thing....

The first one was to give them swords, give these football and baseball players swords.
THEN i will pay to watch. They tell me that will never happen, well see.
Yeah; I remember some of my relatives used to enjoy watching boxing matches on Wednesday and Friday nites,
years ago, back in the 1950s. I enjoyed that decade; it felt good.
Ike was President.

Amigo wrote:
The next one is Let us have high powered paint ball guns in the bleachers
so we can shot these assholes on the feild NOW THATS A GAME.
We pay to use them for target practice as thay run?
In fairness, then thay shoud get paid more.
I 've never shot a paint gun.
spendius

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:16 am
@panzade,
Why did you quote me as having written that post? It was written by a literary incompetent. I don't accept the term "alpha males" for a start.

I made a different point. We do have monogamy. We do have social networks. We do have nepotism. We do have important jobs where a sporting temperment is not useful. Mrs Clinton for example.

We don't run on evolutionary principles. The guy's argument is circular. He starts from him being an alpha male. His subtext is intended to confirm that premiss.

I wouldn't dispute his claim to have a PhD in psychology. I would be inclined to wonder about the non-evolutionary processes by which he attained it.

Why am I slightly barmy? Saying it means nothing. I can just as easy say it about you. If I did I would drop the "slightly".

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:28 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Whoa! Back the truck up!
Quote:
Instead, however, you are all here. Sitting in your chairs in your mothers' basements posting about how much you hate sports.

It's the brutes who have built this society on their backs. It's the alpha males who ascend through the ranks in the major corporations that drive this economy.

It's the physically minded that always have and always will run society. There is a reason for that. The timid and meek simply aren't fit to run anything.

spendius, you see this as a legitimate overview of our society? Written by a Phd.?

slightly barmy, you are
What is BAR MY??
Hanging around in your bar a lot?
spendius

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm not barmy enough to reply to posts I haven't bothered reading properly.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:01 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I'm not barmy enough to reply to posts I haven't bothered reading properly.
Does that mean u need to spend more time in your bar ?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:49 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Why did you quote me as having written that post?

I didn't. I quoted a poster from another forum.

I added "slightly" to show my affection for you...come, don't get your panties all bunched up.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I 've never shot a paint gun.

There very fun. Dangerous but not deadly. Less recoil then a real gun. Good for training and fun. Good to introduce kids to guns.
0 Replies

I Like 1981

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 05:14 am
@panzade,
Quote:

I agree with that.
But I would bet my whole life he's not a real psychologist. People in that line of work have a duty to LISTEN to the plight of the people they are trying to help, not just insult them and put them down. That gains nothing.
What was this guy's username again? srsbsns. Notice the letters BS next to each other? That's exactly what he's giving us.
Doctorate my arse. This guy is a fake. Do you really expect to hear something like this coming from a competent, let alone professional, psychologist:
You would all be left behind to die a few centuries ago. You wouldn't be able to fit into the pack. You wouldn't be able to feed yourself. You wouldn't be able to find a mate (which I'm sure holds true for most of you today). You would die.
Do you know what I think? This is just some intolerant sports moron trying to get us to take him more seriously by throwing some crap about us about being in a highly-intellectual and complex profession.
I'm not saying that all sports fans are too stupid to qualify for work that demands a high degree of expertise, I'm just saying that I wouldn't expect words like this to come from a bona fide psychologist to the people he is talking to.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 06:57 am
@I Like 1981,
If a person with emotional problems and with mental aberrations,
studies hard he might get a degree in psychology.
Unless he has been cured by what he learned,
he will then be a mentally aberrant psychologist,
with emotional problems, and influenced thereby.

As I said b4: on my first day of class in Abnormal Psychology,
the professor said that there is a higher rate of suicide
among psychologists than other professions.

It is also possible that he is an impostor, who dropped out of high school.

Nice to c u, 1981.
That was a good year. I attended Ronald Reagan' s Inaugural Ball in January.
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I attended Ronald Reagan' s Inaugural Ball in January.

If I was to speculate on that I might say that from the moment of receiving the invitation, before which the fond and usually forlorn hopes, up to the patting down at the gig entrance, your mind was preoccupied with the thought that you were going to Ronald Reagan' s Inaugural Ball because it proved you were approved of by the vetting staff unlike us scumbags who didn't get an invitation. During the ball the same sort of considerations would have applied as you tugged on the hem of power as it whisked by with its hoped for favours.

The form may have changed since the days of the eastern potentates but the substance is still the same. The radiance from the sun of power has a magical influence on those on whom it shines. A profoundly religious effect.

And again, I might suggest, that since the great day you have laid in ambush in your social intercourse for the cue to inform those you are in conversation with that you attended Ronald Reagan's Inaugural Ball so they can be informed what scumbags they are without you having to baldly blurt it out.

One supposes one is supposed to be grateful to be in cyber conversation with someone who attended Ronald Reagan's Inaugural Ball and I assuredly am. In fact I am grateful to be allowed to express my gratitude.

Are you the same person now Dave that you were in 1981 when you were an extra in a TV video-bite show. And one who could be counted on to not behave as some of the guests likely did in the 1881 Inaugural Ball which took place, as you probably know, before TV video-bites were invented and before we men were rounded up, stabled and set to our tasks in the service of the great Lady whose symbolic representation in stone stands on Ellis Island to welcome the world's lost to the Hudson River mouth. A gift from France.