Welcome Sports Haters!

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
when you went to school, was arizona even a state?
panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 07:47 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
when you went to school, was arizona even a state?

See? Farmerman has given us a perfect example of the kind of bullying involved in sports "trash-talk". Something epitomized by his Philadelphia teams and fans like the "Broad Street Bullies".

It is this type of aggressive behaviour that is tearing the fabric of our national "chemise"
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:14 pm
@panzade,
There is evidence that not tearing the national "chemise" is the real problem.

Is that a chemise on the statue on Liberty Island?
panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 04:28 pm
@spendius,
http://statue-of-liberty.visit-new-york-city.com/Statue-of-Liberty-3.jpg
Looks like it might be.
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:11 pm
@panzade,
How do you explain the abiding interest of the ladies in what are known in the publishing business as "Bodice rippers"?
panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:39 pm
@spendius,
I'm just guessing here spendi, but I think a woman's most important erogenous zone is her brain...those rippers stimulate.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:04 pm
It's the sound of those bodices ripping that does it. Laughing
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:11 pm
@panzade,
our natural "chemistry"?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 07:22 pm
I thought I'd never post in this topic again; but just for kicks I've decided to post an announcement concerning the so-called "International I Hate Sports Club" ( Edit [Moderator]: Link removed ). I once served as a moderator in the website's forum, but was ousted because I refused to demonize athletes as a group of people. (How could I? Several of my closest friends are former football players.) The creator of the website destroyed his own website's forum to silence those whom he disapproved. I'll spare you the details except to say that this website is now on life support, if not completely dead. It's quite ironic that the worst enemy of the website turned out to be not a sports fan, but its creator, who was just a bigot who had no interest in having any sort of a two-sided discussion. (On the Internet? Sounds naive.)

I'm not bitter about it. Not even sad about it. There are still issues that should be discussed in a CIVIL manner, but not here. Besides, the website's creator (whose identity I shall not reveal) wasn't interested. All he wanted was a place on the Internet where he could scream about how much he hated sports without receiving a negative backlash.

I'm no longer willing to discuss these issues. At least not in this or any other topic. Haven't been for several years. I'm too tired.

This concludes the official ending of this topic. (I know, I know. -- * yawn * ).
chai2

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 07:48 pm
@wmwcjr,
When I tried to click on that link, it indicated it wasn't safe, so I backed out.

I know what you mean though...I used to be on this forum for childfree people, but God, so many just wanted to talk about Hating kids. As in just their mere presence. Just because you want nothing to do with some group of people doesn't mean you hate them.

0 Replies