Obama..... not religious?

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:35 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
my opinion makes as much sense as any others that I have read.

well i'm convinced
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 12:52 pm
@shewolfnm,
Obama the oracle of Chicago will be long gone and Christianity will still be the major religion in the US. Unless of course if the Islamic tide does not engulf us.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 12:56 pm
@au1929,
au1929 wrote:

Obama the oracle of Chicago will be long gone and Christianity will still be the major religion in the US. Unless of course if the Islamic tide does not engulf us.

Nice to see that you're back to spread more hate and intolerance. Wasn't the same without that, around here.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 05:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What countries, cultures, and religion is spreading alot of hatred and intolerance, cyclops, you may wish to examine that question soon if you haven't yet? I had thought that Al Qaida and many of the other terrorist organizations have sprung out of Islamic countries and religions, please correct me if I am wrong about that.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:14 pm
@au1929,
au1929 wrote:
Unless of course if the Islamic tide does not engulf us.

I use Islamic Tide laundry detergent: it makes my clothes come out looking Jihad-errific!
plainoldme

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:57 am
I don't understand why the POTUS has to be a church goer. I don't understand why the religion of the POTUS matters. People were up in arms because Barry Goldwater was a Jew and John Kennedy was a Catholic. Small minded.

I think religion is a personal matter. I left the Catholic Church to become a Quaker in part because I feel worship/spirituality needs to be internal.
Pemerson

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 01:58 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
I think religion is a personal matter, I left the Catholic Church to become a Quaker in part because I feel worship/spirituality needs to be internal.

The most sensible, thoughtful comment I've seen here. I attend a Unity church because of their spiritual teachings, but have completely had it with blathering about much of anything. But, I like to be among other people during meditations.

plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:16 pm
@okie,
If you think Obama is joined to Wright at the hip or anywhere else, you need to read this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-brenner/obama-vs-obama_b_460354.html
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:18 pm
@Pemerson,
Thank you, Pemerson. I needed a boost!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 09:36 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:
... But, I like to be among other people during meditations.

But some people like being among people that rant ab0ut rich whites, Jews, and evil capitalists, while praising communist dictators like Castro, Chavez, and others, you know, people they admire. Some people like Obama, another dictator wannabe.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:39 am
@okie,
Boring
okie

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:37 pm
@plainoldme,
If you find the truth boring, you are truly a lost soul. I find it inspiring, and I detest hate filled rants, and that is why Wright was and is such a repugnant political figure, and any person that found it worth listening to or admiring had a very very serious problem. And when that person happens to become president, it makes it very very troubling. As much as that aspect of Obama's history has been largely swept under the rug as insignificant or meaningless, the implications still loom just as large and troubling as ever, because it offers a glimpse into the confused and misguided mind of a president.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 09:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
I would use it if it weren't made by Proctor and Gamble. I've boycotted their products for more than 30 years when I learned that their business plan was to double by weight the amount of product they sell every ten years.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 10:46 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I don't understand why the POTUS has to be a church goer. I don't understand why the religion of the POTUS matters. People were up in arms because Barry Goldwater was a Jew and John Kennedy was a Catholic. Small minded.

I think religion is a personal matter. I left the Catholic Church to become a Quaker in part because I feel worship/spirituality needs to be internal.
Barry Goldwater was NOT a Jew.
He was a Protestant Christian, as was his Episcopalian mother.

David
okie

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

plainoldme wrote:

Barry Goldwater was NOT a Jew.
He was a Protestant Christian, as was his Episcopalian mother.

David

Yeah, where did pom come up with Goldwater being a Jew? Another thought, is pom upset about Mitt Romney being a Mormon? If like every other flaming liberal Democrat, if Romney should ever run, Katie bar the door in regard to how he will be attacked viciously for being a Mormon. But oh no, Obama and Wright no problem whatsoever for hate filled rants about Jews, whites, rich people, and capitalists, and praises for despots like Castro and Chavez, absolutely no problem. Any condemnation of that is "boring," according to plainoldme.
okie

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:50 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I would use it if it weren't made by Proctor and Gamble. I've boycotted their products for more than 30 years when I learned that their business plan was to double by weight the amount of product they sell every ten years.

Ha ha, thanks for the laugh for the day. Weird way to make decisions, pom, but to each his or her own, it takes a variety of people to inhabit the world.

Are you also among those that do not eat beef because cows emit methane? Just curious. Maybe there could be a correlation in thought process?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 01:00 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
plainoldme wrote:

Ha ha, thanks for the laugh for the day. Weird way to make decisions, pom, but to each his or her own, it takes a variety of people to inhabit the world.

Are you also among those that do not eat beef because cows emit methane? Just curious.
Maybe there could be a correlation in thought process?
Is that pro or anti methane ?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:03 am
@okie,
Sorry, but, you would not recognize the truth if it transformed itself into the Jolly Green Giant, broke out of your television set and carried you off to lala land.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:11 am
@okie,
No, although POM is upset by the fact that willard romney is a self-righteous, self-centered hypocritical prig.

During willard's run for the governorship of MA, he appeared as a talking head in his own campaign ad which extolled how he, as a freshman at Sanford, took a job as a night watchman and flew home to MI every weekend in order to be with his high school sweetheart, now his wife. Neither his nor her parents knew of this.

What a message! Bragging about how he deceived his parents and those of his underaged girlfriend. What an honorable man! At least he admitted to being a cheat and liar and the stupid people of MA (not me, none of my friends) elected him governor, an office that he used simply to catapult himself to the national stage.

I guess I object to romney because he is a scumbag, a more thorough-going description than the colloquial substitution for cloaca.

You would do well to pose all of your statements in the form of questions because you are simply too ill informed and too lacking in reason to make statements.

And what is boring is your inanity. . . your groundless hatred of anything and anyone not yourself.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:12 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Sorry, but, you would not recognize the truth if it transformed itself into the Jolly Green Giant,
broke out of your television set and carried you off to lala land.
Plain, WHO were these People who "were up in arms because Barry Goldwater was a Jew" ??
I worked in his campaign in 1964 and I don 't remember anyone
being "up in arms because Barry Goldwater was a Jew".

Will u be a little more specific about this?

David