Obama..... not religious?

Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think you are being an ass for the sake of being said ass.

(what is your plan here for victory, sir?)

Mass conversion of the Christians?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:35 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
I think it's your logic that's being questioned here.

Well is certainly is not that tortured, twisted stuff you seem to love, Nimh. My logic is logical. That happens to be the thing missing from the other "logic."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:37 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I think you are being an ass for the sake of being said ass.

Your opinion is noted. Thank you for it.

Quote:
(what is your plan here for victory, sir?)

Is there a "victory" to be won here??? How long have you been at this Internet forum game, Rockhead?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
long enough to know you are not trying to win, simply to shake, rattle, and roll your eyes as long as you feel the spotlight.

(I would prefer something more educational, as I've seen this plot before, and it ends with mud everywhere)

Thanks for caring...
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
long enough to know you are not trying to win, simply shake rattle, and roll your eyes as long as you feel the spotlight.

Really! You've already gotten all that! Wow, I am impressed. The other guys at the bowling alley must be very proud of you.

Quote:

(I would prefer something more educational, as I've seen this plot before, and it ends with mud everywhere)

Was that a DC comic?

Quote:
Thanks for caring...

No problem. I'm always there for you.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
how quickly you drop a level to insults.

I gave up bowling long ago, or were you suggesting mebbe I hang out behind with the winos, good sir?
wandeljw

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:47 pm
Lighten up, everyone. This is a "shewolf" thread.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:48 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
how quickly you drop a level to insults.

Oh I can do it much, much faster. I was having mercy on you. You sound like a candy ass just coming here to see what you can provoke...and I was just being nice to accomodate you.

Quote:
I gave up bowling long ago, or were you suggesting mebbe I hang out behind with the winos, good sir?

I wasn't suggesting anything. I was just thinking your buddies at the bowling alley must be very impressed with someone who talks like you.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
assume what you will, my friend.

Please continue to make an ass of yourself, I will not interfere here with your games anymore.

(you do junior high REAL well)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:50 pm
@wandeljw,
I responded respectfully...and on topic to Wolf, Wandel.

This asshole DrewDad started some **** with me...and I gave him a shot back. Then everybody joined in.

Now we've even got this other jerk picking his nose in this thread.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
assume what you will, my friend.

Please continue to make an ass of yourself, I will not interfere here with your games anymore.

Good. Best news I've heard today. Enjoyed your company.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:07 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
What if he said one, or two, or six (pick a number) of those things but not all of them? Is it all or nothing? Profess to Frank's list or be damned? Nah -- I wouldn't call him a hypocrite. However, someone professing all of those things and still considering themselves a devoted RC really wants to consider himself a devoted RC for reasons of his own. Who are we to judge?

Well, I can judge him.

I mean, I don't hold myself out as any kind of authority on doctrinal matters, but I think it's pretty easy to see that someone who professes to be a Roman Catholic but who, at the same time, refuses to hold the tenets of that faith is being hypocritical. And I reach that conclusion not based on any religious wisdom or scriptural knowledge but strictly on what it means to be a "hypocrite."
DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
You DO NOT IN ANY WAY RESPECT MY “BELIEFS.” I don’t even fault you on that…because you cannot!

You seem to be a great expert on what other people are capable of thinking and feeling.

Frank Apisa wrote:
My “beliefs” (which I do not call beliefs, I prefer “my view of right and wrong”) are that I should be doing everything in my power to eliminate your “beliefs” from the face of the planet!

Are you telling me you “respect” that…in any sense of that word?

Certainly. I respect that you have a right to your beliefs, and I respect that you've thought long and hard about them. I oppose your goals, however.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
(you do junior high REAL well)

I was just thinking how much he reminds me of my three-year-old mid-tantrum. (The vocabulary being the main difference.)

OK, sorry (a little) for the snarkiness.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:59 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Certainly. I respect that you have a right to your beliefs, and I respect that you've thought long and hard about them. I oppose your goals, however.

You are trying to be cute with this because you have apparently resolved that you will not agree with anything I write.

As I mentioned earlier...there is a difference between respecting the right of someone to have a differing belief"and respecting the belief. My words exactly were:
Quote:
That is my opinion. I understand you are not of like opinion…AND I DEFINITELY RESPECT YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION. (There is a difference!)

The reason for the "there is a difference" was to differentiate the respect for a right to have a differing opinion...and the opinion itself.

Example: I respect the right of some sect members to "believe" that girls as young as 13 should be married off to older men...and have the marriage consummated as soon as possible...but I sure as hell do not respect the "belief" itself.

These remarks were addressed to Aiden...and while I think that Aiden probably respects my right to have a differing opinion...I doubt he respects the opinion itself...which is, if possible, to promote the extermination of religion.

But like I said, you apparently have decided you are not going to agree with anything...so stick with it.

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:02 pm
@joefromchicago,
Thank you for this, Joe.

I recognize that you probably think I am a dip **** for engaging here the way I am--and when this is said and done, I may even write an acknowledgement of you being correct in that.

But I do appreciate the fact that you put that to the side for a second to acknowledge the thrust of my posts on the hypocrisy issue...at least as it applies to the scenario I created.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're conflating again.

Your beliefs (Agnosticism) have lead you to a conclusion (religion is detrimental to society) and a goal (extermination of religion).

I can respect your belief while disagreeing with your conclusion, and opposing your goal.

(Note that I said I can respect your beliefs, not that I do respect your beliefs. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! Razz)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:46 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Well, I can judge him.

That's your Catholic guilt talking.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Thank you for this, Joe.

I recognize that you probably think I am a dip **** for engaging here the way I am--and when this is said and done, I may even write an acknowledgement of you being correct in that.

Oh, I wouldn't say you're being a dipshit, Frank. You're just being you -- with all the good and bad that entails. And in this thread, you are really being you.

As for everyone else, if you don't like getting meringue in your face, then you might want to reconsider your decision to step into the middle of the pie fight.
JPB

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
I mean, I don't hold myself out as any kind of authority on doctrinal matters, but I think it's pretty easy to see that someone who professes to be a Roman Catholic but who, at the same time, refuses to hold the tenets of that faith is being hypocritical. And I reach that conclusion not based on any religious wisdom or scriptural knowledge but strictly on what it means to be a "hypocrite."

But, does a Roman Catholic who does profess all those things get to claim he's a Christian? Most fundies I know say that Catholics aren't Christians... which is a surprise to most Roman Catholics I know.

So-- the point of the pie fight is who gets to decide?