GIVING THE DEVIL HIS DUE

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 05:40 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The need to find only evil in those they oppose is a reliable hallmark of fanaticism.

This pretty much sums up the response of that clown JTT.
farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:26 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Several here have eagerly taken the bait, demonstrating an unflattering lack of objectivity or even rationality in the process. That is their choice.

The ones herein whove taken any "bait" are set and georgeob, who naively think that this entire public display of "Constitutonal transition" at its best was not orchestrated.

Im amazed how easy it is to sell aluminum siding on this thread. When I came along with a comment about praising the virus as it leaves the host, I was given some derisive doody about being a hysterical clown, rather than set trying to understand how much of thinking AMerica doesnt really trust the leader of the administration for any of his overt acts of honor or humanity.
Cynical? you betcha, I look at the entire package and I see in these recent acts that set and georgeob are impressed with as nothing more than one of Bush's final acts of attempted manipulation. I see that the acts of George have had their intended effect, not only from set and george, but from local newspapers in the heartland, where this goodbye pageant has been sucked up by the small town editors and presented as a representation of
Washungtons farewell to his troops.

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:37 am
At not time have i praised Bush for his policies, nor have i forgotten the enormities of his regime. I have not acted as an apologist. Your selling siding analogy is as weak as the rest of the claptrap you have tried to peddle. By your criterion, i might look at the siding slicker's truck, comment on what a nice truck he has, without the least intention of falling for his line, and you'd be running around telling everyone how he'd suckered me.

You can be as cynical as you like, but it does not constitute evidence that Bush has been anything other than decent toward Mr. Obama. Just because i don't, with your hysterical partisan fervor, condemn the man for his least gesture, doesn't mean that i am unaware of the horrors enacted by his regime, nor that i have bought a line of goods which i will regret.
djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:44 am
@Setanta,
well said, i can agree with your premise of his decency to mr obama, while still desiring to see him drenched in honey and staked over an ant hill
georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:58 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

...Cynical? you betcha, I look at the entire package and I see in these recent acts that set and georgeob are impressed with as nothing more than one of Bush's final acts of attempted manipulation. I see that the acts of George have had their intended effect, not only from set and george, but from local newspapers in the heartland, where this goodbye pageant has been sucked up by the small town editors and presented as a representation of
Washungtons farewell to his troops.

Are you sure that you really know his inner motives and intentions? Do you believe that such manipulation is the exclusive play of right wing politicians?

How did you react to the last such presidential transition ? I believe there is a fairly stark contrast that can be drawn between Clinton's exit and that of G.W. A real cynic might even claim that after the Senate voted 99 - 0 in a non-binding resolution recommending a rejection of the Kyoto Treaty, and Clinton signed it anyway, but sat on it for a year without ever submitting it for ratification, that He was deliberately leaving a time bomb for his successor.
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I have not in the least acted as an apologist

You're well on your way, laddie.

Quote:
I accept the way others see it. You need to be able to deal with the fact that your remark was not appropriate to the subject of the thread, and i told you as much.

You need to be able to deal with the fact that you don't control the opinions set forth in this or any thread. If we all marched in lockstep with your cockamamie notions, it'd be a pretty boring time.

You have no idea why GWB is acting like he is/has. His has been a pretty scummy act to date and there's no reason to expect that this leopard will ever change its spots.

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:43 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Are you sure that you really know his inner motives and intentions? Do you believe that such manipulation is the exclusive play of right wing politicians?
. Point to anything that Ive said that states that it is the exclusivity of the right wing .
Id been a consistent critic of Clinton's policies , especially of those that emulated those of Reagan. It was Clinton who denutted the EPA , {from which denutting it has still not recovered}.
Bush has consistently been Orwellian, from his phony aerial photos of Iraq, to His Mission ACcomplished, and his late incredulous views of "Why did this economic downturn happen on my watch". Im just viewing his latest wishes of good luck and an announced smooth transition to be just one more bit of his regimes signature manipulation trickery.

Youre comments about Clinton prove that Im being intellectualy honest about these matters. I was a critic of Clinton AND Bush, not just Clinton.
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:44 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
A real cynic might even claim that after the Senate voted 99 - 0 in a non-binding resolution recommending a rejection of the Kyoto Treaty, and Clinton signed it anyway, but sat on it for a year without ever submitting it for ratification, that He was deliberately leaving a time bomb for his successor.

Yeah, that rates right up there with the debacle that has been the Bush years. But keep on with your butt licking, Gob1. Ya take take the man out of the military but you can't take the military out of the weak minded.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Id been a consistent critic of Clinton's policies , especially of those that emulated those of Reagan. It was Clinton who denutted the EPA , {from which denutting it has still not recovered}.
about these matters. I was a critic of Clinton AND Bush, not just Clinton.

Apart from not renewing the Superfund, how did Clinton "denut" the EPA? We have a couple of large contracts with them (Regions VI & III), and I can assure you they are alive and well.
Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:49 am
@JTT,
Absolutely nothing about my remarks even approaches apologetics, Baby Boy. I haven't tried to control anyone's opinions, and it is hilarious and disgusting that you would lecture me for not allegedly not being willing to accept the contrary opinions of others, while inferentially stating that i should not express my opinions contrary to theirs.

Why Bush is acting the way he is is completely beside the point. The fact of his behavior, and its effect are all that matters. I don't care if you were able to show that he was doing it because someone paid him millions of dollars to do it, that would not mitigate the positive influence of his behavior in a country horribly divided by partisan hysteria.

Your hysterical response to this thread is ample evidence that a positive influence is needed, Laddie.
Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:50 am
@djjd62,
Amen . . . anyone who were delirious not from their partisan hysteria would recognize that i've been a consistant and loud critic of the policies of his administration.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:02 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Why Bush is acting the way he is is completely beside the point. The fact of his behavior, and its effect are all that matters. I don't care if you were able to show that he was doing it because someone paid him millions of dollars to do it, that would not mitigate the positive influence of his behavior in a country horribly divided by partisan hysteria.

The progenitor of this rancor, thru his mindless criminal actions, gets a pat on the back from Set. Duly noted once again.

It is not partisan hysteria to want to see people held accountable for their immoral and illegal actions.

What's next, the "donations to George's library" thread.
farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Apart from not renewing the Superfund,
where do you wish me to begin? "APART FROM NOT REVIEWING SUPERFUND" gets us halfway there.
Apart from that, hed taken much of the 404 and wastewater treatment money out of the loop so that many of the infrastructure blues we have today are a Clintonian legacy.
MSHA requirements in both Interiro and EPA had been reduced further beyond Reagans already removal of mine inspectors, water quality teams and various "Bay and Estuary Initiatives".

The point is that theres plenty of blame to go around but both you and set have been easily impressed by the boys final tunes.

And Im being accused of being hysterical. Ha . Symptomology of hysteria includes autosuggestion, that, to me , is what set and you are suffering from. That and an ability to be diverted by bright shiny objects.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
from local newspapers in the heartland, where this goodbye pageant has been sucked up by the small town editors and presented as a representation of

Hey effemm- you never say stuff like that about wande's cut and pasters on the ID thread. Are the STEds assholes only when you find it convenient?
Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:07 pm
@JTT,
You can continue to play the asshole, it's a role at which you excel. This represents the only instance on my part of praise for Bush, and as i've noted, i have a long history of criticism of his policies. You are reduced to speculating wildly about improbable acts of approval on my part, because you have no cogent argument against the sole instance of praising him that i have ever shown. You wanna continue to play the hysterical partisan hate monger? Help yourself, it's no skin off my nose.
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
@spendius,
Not even close, Spendi.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
@spendius,
...and because I dont like broccoli, doesnt mean I like George Bush. Youre ability to search for connectivity in topics is only surpassed by that immense pin head of yours
JTT

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:15 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You are reduced to speculating wildly about improbable acts of approval on my part,

You had better take some of that laxative suggested in a tag because you are bound way too tight, Set. You don't do sarcasm all that well, do you?

To my mind, and it seems a lot of others, it's not such a great idea to stroke war criminals/felons.

But hey, you stroke who you please.
spendius

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Youre ability to search for connectivity in topics is only surpassed by that immense pin head of yours

My search for connectivity. Small town editors from the heartland sucking up stuff is the connectivity. Not me.

And if you're going to get over-excited about Mr Bush's record on moral grounds why are you not agititating to return your land to the aboriginal population and compensating the slave descendents?

You're picking and choosing your morality to suit your pocketbook.
Zippo

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 12:44 pm
Bush is a piece of sh!t and on his last legs has sprinkled sugar on top of his head .... The folks on here who have pitied him recently, have just tasted this piece of sh!t and found it sweet and tasty. Just wait for the bitter aftertaste taste. The job which Mr Omaba has to clean Laughing
0 Replies