GIVING THE DEVIL HIS DUE

Zippo

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:37 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I was born a poor black child...
Laughing

No seriously. Why did you have to lie in your profile ?
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:41 pm
@Zippo,
Your parents have any children that lived? Seriously.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:35 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:

Quote:
I was born a poor black child...
Laughing

No seriously. Why did you have to lie in your profile ?

Tico is just being "The Jerk".

hint - check the imdb database
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:47 pm
Ok Tico, .... you win this time. I may want to go hire the movie. Sounds good. Laughing

My bad!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:51 pm
@Setanta,
I agree.

Quite Macbethian:

'Nothing in his life
Became him like the leaving it.'
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:14 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Bullshit. Were you as outraged by the deaths in the Balkans when Slick Willy was the President? Regardless of what you say now, i doubt it. You should be able to discuss the lives he ruined and took.

As I've mentioned, every president for a good long time has been guilty of war crimes ... must be nice to have one's leaders as perpetual criminals ... Clinton included. But focus Set, Bush is the current felon/war criminal and instead of being an apologist for a war criminal/felon, you should be demanding justice is done.

Quote:
As i pointed out in my first post, i've been avoiding political topics, and the response here is exactly why i've done so. I should have stayed with my resolve.

That would be good, as I've mentioned, if all you're going to do is provide cover for felons/war criminals
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:17 pm
@Zippo,
Quote:
Why did you have to lie in your profile ?

It's like breathing to Tico.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:54 pm
@djjd62,
I agree completely...totally ersatz. However, that doesn't change Set's on target observation.
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:10 pm
i think JTT is a bit of a point. For instance Charlie Manson wrote songs and led a bunch of crazy murderers. No one talks about his songs just his murders.
Saying George Bush is responsible for more deaths than Manson but has nice manners is irrelevant.
In the end he will be judged for his murders.Not his manners. Get some perspective. I would like to see him judged by the Hague. Perhaps history will be the only judge: I wouldn't bet on him getting off.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:13 pm
@Fountofwisdom,
You got the hot pants for "Charlie" eh.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 06:38 pm
@Fountofwisdom,

History will judge GW Bush favorably.
dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You got the hot pants for "Charlie" eh.

Actually, I think his point is the contrary, for what it's worth, which probably isn't a whole lot...but still...

It's like the old goat-****** joke: "Just once you illegally invade a country and kill lots of people and illegally imprison and torture a whole bunch more...."
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
History will judge GW Bush favorably.

He could well be judged favorably in the bullshit sessions you get in the US school system that pass for history. But it speaks volumes as to your personal level of morality that you think a liar, murderer, war criminal, felon, will or should be treated favorably.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:12 pm
@dlowan,
Nah, this freak's been mentioning "Charlie" a bit today. Hot pants.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:13 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Actually, I think his point is the contrary, for what it's worth, which probably isn't a whole lot...but still...

FoW point is important, Dlowan. Just as one should speak truth to power, so should one speak truth to the boneheaded supporters of those who commit egregious wrongs.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:44 pm
Why is South Korea a free nation today?
0 Replies

Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:22 pm
@ehBeth,
What ever Charlies faults were, chicks would kill for him. I think that is the best recommendation I can think of.
I mean it wasn't his looks or money. He had to have hidden depths to his persona.
Childish name calling is beneath you. But you know that already. Get some self respect.Stop sucking up to this people. they wont respect you in the morning.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:35 pm
Setanta, who has been no fan of the Bush presidency in my observation, has made a very good point in this thread. Namely that G.W. Bush has shown commendable grace and support towards the incoming president. He hasn't attempted to hog the limelight or leave any awkward dilemmas for his successor (as several of his predecessors have done), and he has been uncommonly helpful in the transition.

Acknowledging this doesn't require that anyone renounce his/her opposition to his policies or any other aspect of his presidency. The need to find only evil in those they oppose is a reliable hallmark of fanaticism. Few things in life are either all good or all bad, and the ability to see the difference is fundamental to intelligent discernment or wisdom, even at an elementary level.

Several here have eagerly taken the bait, demonstrating an unflattering lack of objectivity or even rationality in the process. That is their choice.

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:50 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
He hasn't attempted to hog the limelight

That would be exceedingly stupid now wouldn't it, George? Felons/war criminals somehow seem to prefer the dark.

Quote:
Few things in life are either all good or all bad, and the ability to see the difference is fundamental to intelligent discernment or wisdom, even at an elementary level.

I've missed the threads you've started on the finer, warmer, cultivated aspects of Adolph Hitler.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 05:37 am
@JTT,
I have not in the least acted as an apologist, and that goes to the heart of your bullshit. If you don't portray me as apologist, you have no argument.

And you don't have an argument. You've claimed that i could not take people disagreeing with me, and yet you seem to say that having heard their disagreement, i should not disagree in turn with them. That's pretty damned silly. But i expect no less from you, since your entire outlook is warped by your obsessive hatred, and has no logical basis.