GIVING THE DEVIL HIS DUE

Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:28 am
No one is ever completely evil. Hitler was a vegetarian because he hated animals suffering. Caligula was good to his horse. Charlie Manson was a good songwriter.
Basically I have nothing against George Bush. Except his actions as president.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:29 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
GIVING THE DEVIL HIS DUE

You're being much much too sanctimonious, Set. You describe Bush perfectly with your title and then want to give him a pat on the back after 8 rancorous years of the worst of the worst partisan politics ... . Not to mention the laws he's broken, the war crimes he's committed.

His due will come when the devil is firmly ensconced in a prison or handed over to the Iraqis or Afghans to pay for his criminal actions, which were legion.
Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:32 am
@JTT,
At least Bush got elected democratically......eventually.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:35 am
@JTT,
I'm not being sanctimonious at all. Given your irratioinal partisan hatred of Bush, though, i'm not surprised to see you use the term. Cordiality between lame ducks at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and in-coming Presidents is fairly rare. There's no reason not to take notice of it.

Any anyway, it's given all of you irrational haters of Bush an excuse to puke up more bile.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Given your irratioinal partisan hatred of Bush

Learn how to spell.

You definitely are being sanctimonious. You set out all the parameters and then jumped on people for giving their opinions. Fine, you mentioned his cordiality. Noted.

But get off this irrational partisan hatred kick. You sound like Glen Beck.

As FoW said, even Hitler had good points. For Christ sakes, Set, how many innocent Iraqis, even not so innocent Iraqis are dead and you, you want to play a few fiddle tunes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:57 am
No, i'm not being sanctimonious, and it definitely is irrational partisan hatred that you spew. You are one of the most vicious "leftist" posters at this site. If there is anything sanctimonious going on here, it is you attempting to claim that you are not an irrational, partisan hater of Bush. I don't have a problem that you are, but it's hypocritical for you to deny it.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:07 pm
@Setanta,
No' it's not irrational partisan hatred, it's simply the truth. I wouldn't waste my time and effort hating the man. But a thinking person ought to know and be able to discuss the lives he's taken and ruined.

You rise to pat GW on the back when you should be noting that he deserves and needs to be investigated. A good little American, you are, Set. Next you'll be starting a GWB fan club.
Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:26 pm
It is just Bush's way of saying 'please don't indict me' .... Cheney did it all!
eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:36 pm
@Gelisgesti,
Gelisgesti wrote:

It is just Bush's way of saying 'please don't indict me' .... Cheney did it all!

I believe it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
@Setanta,
Bush IS working on the 'Bush legacy project.' So it's fair to say that he may be more concerned with presenting a good public image now than used to.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:08 pm
Bush should be dismissed from all further conversation.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:45 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I think just about every US Presidential transition has been "gracious". Bush isn't doing anything beyond any other President leaving office.

Besides Bush has all the little toadies to do the sniping from the sides. He can stay above and look Presidential, similar to when he came into office. Bush was above it but the toadies attacked the Clinton's leaving with all kinds of charges that turned out to be false when investigated.

I think it's amazing how gracious Obama is coming into office.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
I love it when leftists attack one another.

Warms the cockles, and all that ...
Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
It doesn't change the fact that people are going to remember rightwing shambles on the economy for a long time. And Illegal invasions. Plus doing crap in the Olympics. Guantanamo Bay. In Britain there are people who dont even know what a right winger is anymore. All down to Thatcher messing up.
You are history. Bye. Dont come back.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:19 pm
@Fountofwisdom,
Fountofwisdom wrote:
... Plus doing crap in the Olympics. ...

Right. Most medals overall = "crap"

You really are a genius, ain't ya?
Fountofwisdom

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
@Ticomaya,
Only if you count them the American way. The rest of the world disagrees.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:25 pm
@JTT,
Bullshit. Were you as outraged by the deaths in the Balkans when Slick Willy was the President? Regardless of what you say now, i doubt it. You should be able to discuss the lives he ruined and took. As i've said, you're about the most vicious of the "lefties" at this site, so you are the one being sanctimonious.

As i pointed out in my first post, i've been avoiding political topics, and the response here is exactly why i've done so. I should have stayed with my resolve.
Zippo

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I love it when leftists attack one another.

This is just another one of Setanta (the little tags) attention seeking thread.

black dude ? Laughing
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:35 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:
black dude ? Laughing

Clown.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:35 pm
@Fountofwisdom,
How do you count them using your big English brain?
0 Replies