Super Bowl XLIII! The Idiot's Guide To

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:25 pm
3 for 3......going with the underdog was a good move. But come on Pittsburg Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:34 pm
A rather pathetic performance by the Giants, dont you think?
McGentrix was the only player who picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl, He joins 9 other players here on the bench.
Bronze stars on the foreheads? Alex and Foxfyre wear 3 each. Osso, Edgar, Fbaezer and Region have 2,

We move on next to San Diego @ Pittsburgh. 17 of us have the STEELERS while 6, for unknown reasons, have the Chargers
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
My reasons for picking the Chargers are indefensible, of course. I like Sproles, but I think of him as fragile in this situation. And I lived for short and strange time in La Jolla while being very poor in a wealthy city; had a boyfriend from San Diego some years later, and my husband and I went there and liked it, from time to time, again, years later. So.. plain old sentiment.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Anybody pick road teams as 4-0 this weekend? Don't think it can't happen!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 04:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
sure seems that we (majority) have the kiss of death
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:34 pm
(that was the first 23-11 game in NFL history...)
0 Replies

AngieMS79

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
Can the Steelers ever play the Ravens in a superbowl game? My husband says it won't happen because they are in the same league, but so what. I think if they are the last two teams standing and the next is the superbowl, then why can't they? I just don't get it...
kickycan

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:01 pm
@AngieMS79,
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:06 pm
@AngieMS79,
AngieMS79 wrote:

Can the Steelers ever play the Ravens in a superbowl game? My husband says it won't happen because they are in the same league, but so what. I think if they are the last two teams standing and the next is the superbowl, then why can't they? I just don't get it...

One of those teams will be eliminated next week. No way they can appear against each other in the Superbowl.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:08 pm
what edgar meant to say was that next week the Steelers must play Baltimore, and when the Steelers lose, the Ravens will go on to win the big one...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:20 pm
@Rockhead,
What I truly meant to say was, the Ravens will beat the Steelers, but will lose to the Cardinals in the Bowl.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:41 pm
hate to burst ya'lls bubble, but Philly will win the superbowl

It's on my list.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:46 pm
AngieMS79 wrote:

Your husband is correct in that they cannot play each other in the Superbowl because they both belong to the same conference. They will play each other for the American Football Conference (AFC) Championship. The winner will represent the AFC in the Superbowl against the National Football Conference (NFC) Champion, either the Philadelphia Eagles, or the Arizona Cardinals.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
hate to burst ya'lls bubble, but Philly will win the superbowl

It's on my list.

They have to beat the red birds in the desert first. No small feat, and the Cards are playing well of late. I gotta side with Ed on this one.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:54 pm
@Ticomaya,
But.....but.....it's on my list!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
That Fitzgerald. The announcer called him a: "freak of an athelete"
He's good. Your Cardinals look good. Superbowl champs.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:12 pm
Eagles and Steelers both looked awesome today also.
jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 05:48 am
@edgarblythe,
The following persons are still in it -- I'm listing below the team they've picked to go all the way.

AZ Cardinals
edgarblythe

Baltimore Ravens
Rockhead

Philadelphia Eagles
Foxfyre
jespah

Pittsburgh Steelers
ehBeth
fbaezer
kickycan
mysteryman
Ragman
realjohnboy
Region Philbis

Bronze stars for all!
alex240101

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:31 am
@jespah,
What about me?
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:46 am
@alex240101,
I couldn't find where you picked past the first two games Alex. Did I miss it?