Quite embarassed...

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:08 pm
Uh.... Interesting development...

She dumped the other guy, asked me out...

T
K
O
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:10 am
On December 31 - this is what I said:
Quote:
No certainly I don't think she cheated by meeting with Diest - what I meant was if she liked him after meeting him, but she had some exclusive arrangement with her boyfriend - she may have felt that she'd have to deal with that before she could move any further forward (as in an actually specified 'date') or else it'd be cheating.

On January 23 - this is what Diest said:
Quote:
Uh.... Interesting development...

She dumped the other guy, asked me out...

I KNEW this girl was on the level. Congratulations - if you're still interested in her.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 08:54 am
hmmm.....

notice dtko said the "girl asked him out"

As in "would you like to go out with me?" maybe "would you like to go out with me sometime?"

It seems if that's what transpired, he was pretty clear she was talking about a date.

I'm curious dtko, not being sarcastic at all....how did she phrase it? Did she say anything about "hanging out"?

In any event I really REALLY hope you have a good time.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 09:08 am
@chai2,
She said: "...if your offer for that date is still open, I would take you up on it now."

I directly asked her after that if she was no longer dating the other guy. She said that she was not.

I'm meeting her at Dupont Circle at noon. We're playing ping-pong and maybe doing some other stuff.

I'll tell you guys how it goes.

T
K
O
ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:11 am
@Diest TKO,
We obviously don't know a lot about that other relationship, but I do like that it seems that she finished dating one person before heading out into the dating market.

( I see a difference between 'hanging out' and 'dating' - people who don't see that difference likely won't see the rest of it the same way either.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:34 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

She said: "...if your offer for that date is still open, I would take you up on it now."

whoa....that sounds really promising
spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 10:40 am
@chai2,
You're "on a promise" TK. Be gentle. Try to understand her needs.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 03:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

whoa....that sounds really promising

Date was a lot of fun. We met up and had lunch, then we took a walk around NW DC just chatting about stuff. It's been a long time since I've had to really think about dating and how to read a person etc.

I think we are meeting up again this week.

T
K
O
chai2

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 03:55 pm
@Diest TKO,
did you get a smooch?
spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:07 pm
@chai2,
You're making me go all misty eyed chai.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:09 pm
@chai2,
No. I'm a little to shy to go for a kiss I. A REAL first date.

Next time?

T
K
O
spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:13 pm
@Diest TKO,
You need to read Stendhal TK. Or Frank Harris. Get some tips from the experts.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:16 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

No. I'm a little to shy to go for a kiss I. A REAL first date.

Next time?

T
K
O

Uh oh. The man who has been my husband for more than four decades now drove me home from somewhere--not a date. This was prior to our first date that was a couple of nights later.

His buddy in the circulation department asked him if he kissed me and he said no. His buddy said you'll marry her.

Seven months later he did.

Are you saving up for the ring?
spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
@Foxfyre,
You have been warned TK. And they are not like Foxy was these days.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:44 pm
lol.

T
K
O
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:52 pm
It's not that easy nowadays, Foxfyre. For the longest time, people don't buy the cat in the bag anymore, and it's a good thing.

Way to go, DTKO - patience is a virtue! Have fun!
spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:40 pm
@Diest TKO,
It struck me TK in the pub that the Airplane movie where Robert Stack and Lloyd Bridges are trying to talk an unitiated pilot down to a soft landing is a tasty metaphor for your predicament.

If you can get Apisa to play Bridges I'll play Stack.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 06:52 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
It's not that easy nowadays, Foxfyre. For the longest time, people don't buy the cat in the bag anymore, and it's a good thing.

Why are you so bitter Cal? It is just as easy as it ever was if you know the rules.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 07:28 pm
Sounds promising, Diest! Thanks for the update, too.
0 Replies