What should I get my wife for Christmas

cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 04:45 pm
@aidan,
I just returned home from lunch with the boy at Frankie and Johnnies in Mt View. I wrote to me friend in Bhutan about your interest, and will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.
0 Replies

pearls8

Fri 2 Oct, 2009 07:27 am
@chotki,
may you did not buy the jewelry she like
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:44 am
A quality deep-fat fryer and a Black and Decker workmate are ideal presents for a wife at this season of joyful cheer and festive goodwill. For those wives who already have those items a chain-saw and a good set of spanners are ideal as would also be a complete decorator's kit to include a blow-lamp and a sander.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:49 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
No one else in my family can get it as right as he can, so I just say - take Joseph shopping with you - he'll know what I'll like

Gods, how I wish I knew a Joseph.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:53 am
Gift certifcate for a long weekend at the largest big city hotel. Just the two of you, jacuzzi, room service, bottle(s) of whatever. See a play or take her to an art museum or other big city attraction. Book for Jan. weekend when the prices will be lower.

Be romantic!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:02 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I rarely understand what Spendius is trying to communicate, but I can always tell from the tone that it's negative.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Spendi is actually someone beta testing their Turing test.
spendius

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:36 pm
@DrewDad,
I know where "Be romantic!! " leaves us poor downtrodden saps.
DrewDad

Mon 21 Dec, 2009 03:00 pm
@spendius,
Sure thing, Eliza.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 29 Jun, 2012 01:05 pm
A set of garden tools.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:20 pm
Romney's 59 steps to improve our economy. The biggest problem with his plan is he's going to cut more taxes without showing how he's going to replace it with.

It also doesn't have any timeline as to when it'll begin to have any impact on our economy.

Quote:
Mitt Romney’s 59-Step Economic Plan Has Way Too Many Steps
By Matt Kiebus 304 days ago
It’s nice to hear he has a plan, but 59 steps seems kind of daunting.
In today’s USA Today, the newspaper of record at the Holiday Inn Express, Mitt Romney graced their Op-Ed column to announce that he has a 59-step economic plan to get us out of our current funk. That is wonderful news. It’s great to see a candidate actually elaborate how they plan to facilitate change instead of simply stating all of our problems will fade away if they occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Having said that, I have not read Romney’s 59-step plan. Why? Because it has 59 damn steps.
The American public has a notoriously short attention span, and while we all know our economy can’t return to its former glory at the flip of a switch, no one has the patience for 59-steps. Hell, most of the country doesn’t have enough patience for a 12 step recovery program, yet he thinks people will sit an listen to 59? People in New York City bitch about living in a third floor walk-up, they hate steps so much they refuse to count them, and Romney wants people to listen to how many steps?
When I saw that the article was printed in the previously-unheard-of USA Today Op-Ed section, I assumed that Romney had decent handle on his target demographic. Then he used the number 59.
The biggest issue is that fact that so many steps doesn’t sound remotely manageable. However if he added one more step and referred to it as a four part plan it would sound a lot less complicated.
Think about when you get an Ikea bookcase and you see the list of 439 steps in Swedish, or when an impatient child looks at Lego instructions. You follow the list for a couple steps and then think you have a grasp on the direction it’s going. So you quickly ditch the directions and your bookcase somehow becomes a basketball hoop and that Lego helicopter is a boat that doesn’t float.
The attention span of an American adult is a pathetically limited window. We live in a world comprised of shortcuts and highlights — just the basics. Even sports fans don’t have the patience for Sportcenter anymore—a show comprised entirely of highlights—because we don’t want invest too much time in watching too many highlights of games we don’t care about. So ESPN News was created to be a more condensed and consistent version.
Romney’s reputation is based in being a strong and savvy businessman, and he also has a history of leading struggling companies back to financial success. His financial plan probably makes some good points, but 59-steps? He lost me after five.
roger

Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yep, that's a really great Christmas gift for the wife, alrighty.
0 Replies

Mark Per

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 07:37 pm
@chotki,
Hello Community,

Christmas is the perfect time to remind the special woman in your life that she is one of a kind, just like our personalized Christmas gifts for her. Straight from Santa's Workshop, our unique Christmas gifts will leave a lasting impression. Everybody likes having things that are made just for them. Personalization makes an otherwise ordinary gift unique, and special to its recipient. It is fun to be a part of the creative process when it comes to personalizing presents. Custom mugs are great promotional gifts fantastic for Christmas. Add your wife's photo on that mug and design your mug as your wish. Mugs with photo is the best gift because they are practical, fun, made special by the fact you have personalised them with a name on the mug or a photo and message.

Best Regards,
Mark Per
msolga

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 07:40 pm
@Mark Per,
You're not going to supply a link to some company which produces & sells those personalized mugs, are you?

Please don't.

Apart from that, I don't know that I fancy the idea of drinking coffee from a mug with an image of my face on it.
Seems a kinda strange concept to me.

hingehead

Tue 9 Oct, 2012 09:31 pm
@msolga,
I think it's a veiled insult 'You're head is so empty I can put coffee in it' Mr. Green
0 Replies

romynash

Fri 2 Aug, 2013 12:26 am
Take her on the date and ask her what she like to receive from you.....
0 Replies

AnneJones

Thu 26 Sep, 2013 01:16 am
The best Gift you could give your loved one would be your TIME. Last Christmas, my husband took a day off before Christmas and helped me clean the house and we also cooked together. When the work was all done, a sweet little candle dinner for just the two of us. I loved it!
You could try this some day.
0 Replies

himalipatel

Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:08 am
@chotki,
Hi,
if she likes clothing then why you do not buy a beautiful saree or a dress for her. i think that can be a very good gifts for your wife on the Christmas.
There is also another option of spa basket. It is in high use among the ladies now a days. so you can also give it to her and it looks also unique gifts which she never received from others also.
0 Replies

romynash

Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:35 pm
@chotki,
How about a new basket of Chocolates rose cake, Teddy Bear and Lindt
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Fri 18 Oct, 2013 01:45 am
I think a tea towel, oven gloves and a new washing up brush would make her Christmas complete.
margo

Fri 18 Oct, 2013 01:57 am
@Lordyaswas,
You surely know the way to a woman's heart, Lordy!

And she can probably kick almost that high!