What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given?

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:16 am
What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,565 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 09:30 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
My daughter, Butrflynet, took me on a world garden tour in the 1980s. We traveled through The Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, France, and England. It was my last attempt of traveling due to my increasing disabilities.

Add these countries to those I previously took my daughter and son to visit, Sweden and Denmark in 1968, we learned a lot about the western world. I've only ventured into Northern Mexico a few times and have missed South America entirely. It seems I've always been drawn to the northern climes.

My Aunt, who died at age 100, was a world traveler, who expanded her travels beyond the western countries. She visited countries in the Middle East, the African continent and Asia and sent me wonderful stories and photos of her travels.

These travels taught me that there are wonderful countries on this plantet beyond America's borders. I wish I had been able to walk easier so I could have explored this world further.

BBB

0 Replies