What should I get my wife for Christmas

spendius

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 06:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm not sure what the outer material is made from, but it is black.

Saudi Arabian crude I should imagine ci. Most of that cheap gear is.
0 Replies

Mame

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 08:08 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
HA HA HA HA - This I gotta see! Am I on your Christmas card list? Insert one of those photos, baby!

Come on Madame. This is 2008. That sort of stuff might have worked with the lads who had just come back from the front-line but it's a bit passe don't you think in this day and age.

Look at Elton John for an example.

Oy, you're in foine form tonight, Spendi.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:25 pm
@Mame,
It's only foine without substance.
Green Witch

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I rarely understand what Spendius is trying to communicate, but I can always tell from the tone that it's negative.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:30 pm
@Green Witch,
spendi is one of the few on a2k who's on my "Ignore" list.
Green Witch

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He's not on my official ignore status because he doesn't start threads with offensive titles, but I rarely bother to read what he posts because it's obvious he doesn't read what other people are writing about or he just doesn't understand what is going on most of the time. He seems to march to his own drum beat, but it's a funeral march.
hingehead

Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:01 pm
@Green Witch,
I think he posts when he's had a few too many drinks, that's the impression I get anyway. His comments rarely make much sense, even if you don't consider the context/thread in which they are posted.
aidan

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:45 am
@sozobe,
I think it's differing computer screens - not only did it not look like rayon - it didn't even look like silk - I thought it was velvet - that's what really knocked me out about it - aside from the style and that sagey green underpart - and then I thought that the outer part might be really deep dark burgundy instead of black...if I'd designed it myself that's how I would have designed it - I guess I was just seeing what I wanted to see

Spendius - I was not taking the piss - I really liked that first jacket a LOT...if he went to Bhutan again and bought one for 9 bucks and wanted to sell it - I'd pay him 50 for it easy...I keep my clothes for years...I mean I still wear stuff I've had from twenty years ago - but it has to be simple lines, classic colors (and I like and look good in green/black/red)- I was dead serious.
aidan

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:52 am
@aidan,
I meant I'd pay him fifty if it was really silk - and of course velvet would have been even better - oh well - now I don't have to feel that I'm missing anything.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:00 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
His comments rarely make much sense, even if you don't consider the context/thread in which they are posted.

If you'll quote an example rather than just asserting that I rarely make sense I will do my best to explain what I meant.

Assertions make no sense whoever offers them and those prefaced by an "I think" are particularly incoherent.
hingehead

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:19 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Assertions make no sense whoever offers them and those prefaced by an "I think" are particularly incoherent.

I said 'I think' deliberately - it is my opinion, not fact. I will hunt you down some examples, maybe even create a separate thread just for you. Cheers!
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:26 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Oy, you're in foine form tonight, Spendi.

As long as Mame appreciates my posts what do I care?

Becks-- I thought you overdid the enthusiastic gush over a few rags enough for me to suspect you of taking the piss.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:31 pm
@aidan,
aiden, I can get you a "similar" jacket and underpart, but you'd have to pay the freight on it. The tour director we had is a dependable guy who I can trust. As a matter of fact, I gave him an idea on a business venture in Bhutan that he's looking into as we speak. He and his family lives in Thimpu, the capital of Bhutan, and we have email contact.
spendius

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What was the idea ci.? It might work here and things are a bit slow. We need some new ideas.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:15 pm
@spendius,
OK Spendi here's the thread I've created to give you the chance to explain what you meant. Thanks again for the kind offer.

http://able2know.org/topic/126650-1

HH
0 Replies

aidan

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
okay - postage shouldn't be too expensive - especially if that's silk - it's probably light as air - I'd need size Small/petite/chico whatever they call it over there.

but how do I get my contact details to you without everyone on the internet seeing- since we no longer have pm's? If you can think of some way - let me know.

Spendius - that's not the way I'd take the piss if I were going to take the piss...and I didn't particularly like the second rag - only the first.

I do get excited when I see clothes I really like because I so rarely give a crap about anything I see in the stores - as a result - I buy so few clothes it becomes ridiculous...and everytime I have something nice to go to, I wear my old stand-bys - it gets boring. It'd be nice to have something new to treasure and grow old with (clothing wise)-because I have to admit - I do love really nice clothes.
spendius

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 10:37 am
@aidan,
Quote:
okay - postage shouldn't be too expensive - especially if that's silk - it's probably light as air - I'd need size Small/petite/chico whatever they call it over there.

but how do I get my contact details to you without everyone on the internet seeing- since we no longer have pm's? If you can think of some way - let me know.

We all knew that at the start Becks. So what was it all about then? It is not going to happen. The "desk" sees pms I assume.

The essence of taking the piss is that the target doesn't know.
Mame

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:01 am
@spendius,
Quote:

Create a temporary email account and ask him to email you there. Use Hotmail or some such thing. That's what other people do... [email protected]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@aidan,
Just click on my "name," and look under my avatar. BTW, I believe they have silk, but it's a little bit more expensive (just for the inner-wear). One size fits all. The sleeve length is adjusted by the cuff. I got the "non-silk" for my wife because it's more practical (no dry cleaning required). Let me know. Wink

My wife wore hers yesterday to a nurse's dinner, and was complimented by her friends.
aidan

Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
thanks ci - you should be getting an e-mail from me.

I don't mind giving you my e-mail - I just don't want to broadcast it over the internet - you know - all those 683 people that I have no idea who/what they are.

I really appreciate your help

Spendius - oh ye of little faith....or wait - was I the target? Shocked