You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?

Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
For what reason do u assay to read my mind and then report on your findings, telling me what I think?
By reason of what you write. You say

Quote:
Ionus wrote: Do you see any positives ?

Quote:
Om Sig David wrote : No; permanent slavery to government (of our own creating) is very negative, from which only death is positive.

Quote:
Ionus wrote: What do you see as negative about your anti-government stance ?
Quote:
Om Sig David wrote : Your question presumes that I see something negative about it.

The two are in opposing camps. You think one is entirely negative and the other entirely positive. By what means do you claim these are perfect ?
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:44 am
@BillRM,
I agree William. But this is not widely known amongst american blacks.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:51 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
For what reason do u assay to read my mind and then report on your findings, telling me what I think?
By reason of what you write. You say

Quote:
Ionus wrote: Do you see any positives ?

Quote:
Om Sig David wrote : No; permanent slavery to government (of our own creating) is very negative, from which only death is positive.

Quote:
Ionus wrote: What do you see as negative about your anti-government stance ?
Quote:
Om Sig David wrote : Your question presumes that I see something negative about it.

The two are in opposing camps. You think one is entirely negative and the other entirely positive.
By what means do you claim these are perfect ?
Did I say that something is perfect?
I don 't remember doing that.
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Definitions of perfect on the Web:
being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish;
If one thing is entirely positive and the opposite is entirely negative, what do you think it means ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 03:12 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
Definitions of perfect on the Web:
being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish;
If one thing is entirely positive and the opposite is entirely negative, what do you think it means ?
It can mean a lot of things, depending on the circumstances.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 03:14 am

A government for the entire world
is worse than dangerous. Human nature being what it is,
it will inevitably degenerate into a permanent despotism.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 03:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Vagueness is not an answer either in the court room or outside it. I would like an answer.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 03:51 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Vagueness is not an answer either in the court room or outside it. I would like an answer.
It does not MEAN anything in particular, that comes to my mind.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 05:11 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I agree William. But this is not widely known amongst american blacks.

I love the silly scenes of happy blacks being capture and drag off by the evil white men to their slaves ships in the movie Roots.

Too bad they was not honest enough to show how it really happen with the coastal tribes happily selling their more inland neighbors for such trade goods as iron bars of all things.

The ones I feel most sorry for are those who ended up not at the North American Colonies but in such places as the French colony of Haiti where they was work to death to the tune of 30,000s a year!
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 06:32 am
@BillRM,
When the British announced they were going to stop the slave trade, the african king (emperor?) wrote asking for it to be continued as it would spell the end of the good times for his people. He was right. The slave trade stopped and his kingdom collapsed into poverty.
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:21 am
@Ionus,
History is never simple in any regards look what happen to Zimbabwe once the evil white farmers were force out and their lands divided into small lots.

Once one of the major breadbaskets for the region the citizens are now starving to death and the country is in a constant chaos and unrest.

There were all kinds of arrangements that could had been work out that would had greatly improved the living standards and freedoms of the bulk of it citizens without going over the cliff as they had done.

It a shame that people on the whole can not look and deal with the world as it is, instead of being irrational and cutting their own throats and their families throats.

Ionus

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 09:57 pm
@BillRM,
When Rhodesia folded the Sealous Scouts had a price on their head so they were split up amongst the commonwealth. I have known several and they rage when they see what has happened to the country. There is no discernable difference between how the blacks were treated in Africa by the white pioneers and how the indians were treated in America. How would Americans feel if they were chased off their farms and made to return to europe ?

Quote:
History is never simple in any regards look what happen to Zimbabwe once the evil white farmers were force out and their lands divided into small lots. Once one of the major breadbaskets for the region the citizens are now starving to death and the country is in a constant chaos and unrest.
Places like Uganda also had a well developed economy but according to the UN they had to be "free"...what really happened is the class made wealthy in country by the racist colonists started to exploit the poor far worse than the whites ever did. The whites and asians were blamed for the black elite syphoning off money so they threw them out and broke the back of the economy. Talk to the poor and they have had enough of these black bastards...they want the white man back...where is the press coverage now ?

plainoldme

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 06:22 am
@Ionus,
Great work at trying to hold David's feet to the fire. I suspect he doesn't really have anything to say.
BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:43 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
How would Americans feel if they were chased off their farms and made to return to europe ?

It is even worst then that as many of the black tribes members who had taken part in the lands grab had moved into the area after the white settlers did due to the greater economic advantage that the white settlers produce compare to surrounding areas.

The analogy then would be being push out not only by the natives tribes of the US but also for the benefits of groups that had move into the US after Europeans settlement from Canada and Mexico.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:54 am
I would go back and prevent the Great Hawaii earthquake of October, 2006.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 11:53 am
I would go back just a very few years and prevent certain posters (who shall remain nameless) from ever getting access to A2k and posting their drivel.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 01:08 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Great work at trying to hold David's feet to the fire.
I suspect he doesn't really have anything to say.
not always
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 06:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I would like your opinion as to why that one, if you would ?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 06:36 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I would like your opinion as to why that one, if you would ?

That was funny, Tico. I won't even begin to try to explain what you were referencing.
Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 07:08 pm
@realjohnboy,
I am too far removed from your politics to have any hope of understanding what you are talking about.