You can keep your socks on

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:18 pm
haven't keep up with this thread until now.

A fall....?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:20 pm
@CalamityJane,
The trick with an ambulance (Diane already tried that) is that the patient has a right to refuse, and Bob is very strong in his wishes.
Hard decisions.

(I'm trying not to tell their business. This is hard for a loudmouth.)

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:25 pm
Singing lullabyes to Diane and icing Dys' back......
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:29 pm
ugh.
this is making me very uncomfortable.
everytime I open this thread, Im holding my breath, sick , and scared.

I love you guys. Love you, love you, love you.

I hope this gets better.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:52 pm
@ossobuco,
No need to tell their business. Bob wrote a post earlier in this thread that will remind everyone what his wishes are.

As difficult as it is to say so, I support him in his desire to have his wishes respected and, in doing so, want to send him some colorful pink flamingo slippers to keep his tootsies warm and his soul happy.

Per his request, here's some JJ Cale for him and his magnolia... Can't wait until I'm there in a few months and can have that cup of tea with the nun and her cowboy. In the meantime, get your arse to the doctor, sir. It isn't your time yet.

Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 06:39 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:
Everyone is thinking about Bob.

Although Wandel JW is right -- Diane, you can not, repeat, not, tell Bob that some people sometimes like him. It would upset him too much.
Eva

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 10:22 pm
@Thomas,
Except for me, of course. But I'm special. Razz
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:54 pm
@ossobuco,
That's really not the good news I was waiting to read today

Hoping that things will get better soon! Thinking of all of you,
McTag, Ulla, and Walter
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 12:27 am
@Butrflynet,

Diane - thank you for your reply
and best wishes to you both
endy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:05 am
Sighing big time. Worrying too.

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:21 am
@Roberta,
Big hugs to dys and Di. ((((((((HUGS)))))))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:24 am
((((((dys, diane)))))
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:54 am
I talked to both Diane and Dys yesterday evening. Big disappointment that they were not able to keep their doctor appointment Friday.

Dys shocked me by agreeing that he should not be left alone in the house, so I will stay with him when Diane needs to leave. Dys also learned that he must keep his walker by his side wherever he plants himself. He said he fell because he couldn't reach it. I'm going to bring them my shower chair, which I haven't used since my knee surgery in 1980, so Dys can get a shower at least once a year. Wink

I was relieved at Dys' ability to speak clearly. Doesn't seem to demonstrate the often stroke loss of speech. He also hasn't lost his sense of humor. The cowboy can still laugh at himself.

Dys was very interested in learning about all of your posts. They lift his spirits. Helps Diane, too.

BBB
blatham

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:57 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
There's a bunch of encouraging news in there, BBB, thanks. Please let Bob know that I don't think much of the used car in his garage.
littlek

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:00 am
Thanks BBB, for the update and the help you're giving them.

Love to All, especially Diane and Dys.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:06 am
@blatham,
Littlek, my help is minimal considering that our friends, Michael and Beva, are doing so much for Dys and Diane, just as they've done so much for me as well. They've also been a huge help for my son. Big love fest between us.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:14 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote: "Can't wait until I'm there in a few months and can have that cup of tea with the nun and her cowboy."

Hey, daughter, did you forget to tell me something---like moving to Albuquerque?

BBB
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:33 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thanks, BBB. (And I agree, Bernie: that used really isn't useful at all).
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:38 am
Thank you for the update, BBB.
Hang in there Dys and get better soon. After all you wanted to come to San Diego with your RV, didn't you? I am holding you to it!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 12:40 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Hi Luella, just wanted to tell you than Bob really doesn't want your shower chair, so please don't bring it over. I plan on getting him one in the next couple of days. for now, he is fine with sponge baths. Bob, as you know, likes to make his own decisions.

As for coming over to stay with him, that just won't work. Love you for the offer, but Bob needs someone with strength to help him do just about anything. I would feel safe nor would Bob with you here. Would worry constanly that you would hurt yourself as well as Bob. Mike has said he will be here whenever needed. What an angel with the added advantage of being strong as a horse.

I know you mean well and your idea that Bob shouldn't be left alone was a smart one, but we well rely on Mike until we arrange for some type of part-time home health aide who knows how to life and who has the strength to do what needs to be done.

You are a good friend and we don't want to hurt your feelings, but when you think about it, I'm sure you will see that we have your own safety at heart as well as Bob's.