You can keep your socks on

Diane

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:54 pm
Now is a good time to ask all our friends to please ignore any negativity on this thread--and this includes you, Dys.

This is the place to talk about overcoming serious illness and the importance of knowing true friends are there, always caring and being supportive each step of the way.

Dys looks wonderful. His skin looks much better, the blueness of his eyes is bluer, the strength of his voice is better.

He has worked so hard to make the best of this and his progress is surprising even to his doctor.

This is a time for a good, ("Whew!"), and feelings of happiness that this fine man has made such progress--even 'strides' after his surgery.

Love to all.
Diane
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:56 pm
If this is not impertinent, can you have him change his socks?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 04:00 pm
@Diane,
Thanks for a great update, Diane! Glad to hear about such great progress.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 04:08 pm
@Diane,
great report

and great to see you around, diane
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:51 pm
Sounds pretty great to me, diane.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:58 pm
Farmerman, never lose your impertinence. Believe it or not, Dys has been able to put on his socks by himself for almost a week.

Wandel, djjd and Edgar, yes, his improvement has been amazing. Ol' blue eyes is back!
roger

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
@Diane,
That's major improvement, Diane.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:04 pm
I apologize for being a racist whiner but to continue my observations about my recent experiences I noted that (probably because of the infections, blood clots and pneumonia) someone came into my room every 2 hours to take blood followed by someone taking my vitals. this went on 24/7 ok so no big deal as I did not sleep much anyway but none of those people poking my arm etc ever actually spoke to me even when I tried to acknowledge their presence. This lack of speaking gave rise to my feeling that I was no longer a human bean but rather some kind of test object/thing. One lady (position unknown to me) once complained that there was a piece of paper on the floor and "didn't I know how to use the waste basket" I responded that I had no idea if there was a waste basket nor where it might be. She was also the one that explained to me that Hillary Clinton intended to ban prayer and encourage burning the flag. I said nothing and paged the nurse of more morphine.
Izzie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:13 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

Ol' blue eyes is back!

Ahhhhhh..... we'll you know I have a thing about stunning blue eyes....

<swoon.... falls over... reaches for morphine> Wink
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:20 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Diane wrote:

Ol' blue eyes is back!

Ahhhhhh..... we'll you know I have a thing about stunning blue eyes....

<swoon.... falls over... reaches for morphine> Wink

<stops by to say "Hi", catches Izzie in mid-swoon>

Thanks for the update, Diane and good to see you too, Dys.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:24 pm
farmerman I have been able to put on my socks for nearly a week now, I prop my foot on the bed side-board put the sock on my toes and push my foot into the sock, not only that but after 5 weeks of experimenting with my Coumadin levels I appear to have stabilized at a theraputic level/dosage.

Re my previous post I want to establish the fact that I had several nurses that were nothing short of amazing. They listening to me rant and carry on (out of my head) and always managed to calm me down by just talking to me and explaining what they were doing to me and why. One of them stayed with me for hours starting at 2 a.m. when I was literally crazy with pain from the bladder infection.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:26 pm
@dyslexia,
I'm sorry this happened. I've not been a phlebotomist in a hospital (they didn't have those then) but I have taken scads of blood tubes in labs and clinics (well, and on and on re what happened re some tubes in varied labs). I always always always talked with the patient.

A memorable event was when I was sent to collect blood at the jewish home for the aged in LA and a wizened woman saw me and screamed you can't do this. Nobody can get my veins, and much disconcerting to me talk. I got it, she thanked me. Perhaps a ploy, but tough on a beginner.

I also (this was for that BH lab) had to go to a place in the hills with a princess in bed. Did that too.

I sure talked to both of them.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:13 am
@dyslexia,
Yeah, **** him.

Honestly ....
msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:19 am
@Woiyo9,

Your most recent posts on this thread are extremely offensive.
Nothing makes them ok, even if you have "political differences" with dys.
I suspect you're offending every person reading this thread (who is concerned about dys's health) more than you're offending him.
Please stop it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:23 am
@Diane,
Sorry, Diane ....
I responded before I read your post.
I am so happy that dys is on the up & up! Happy for dys, so happy for you! Very Happy
Warmest greetings to both of you!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:33 am
@msolga,
I read Diane's post first, so I refrained. Boy, did I want to say that, though.

Sorry, Di
dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:46 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Woiyo9 wrote:

I suppose your racism still has no cure.

Your proof only the good die young.
**** you.

Please dollink!!!!!!!

You have standards!!!!!

Not even advanced dementia would rob you of this!

And you don't have THAT.

I am sure the world will take care of those who require discipline all by itself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 01:01 am
@roger,
Then I said it on behalf of both of us, roger! Wink

Next time I'll read a thread right, through, before getting mad & responding ...

Sorry again, Diane.

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 08:33 am
@dyslexia,
Finally put the Woiyor ass hole on ignore. Subject closed.

Butrflynet will arrive over the weekend just in time to celebrate her birthday on the 28th.

Diane, when are you going to get off your lazy ass and take me to see a movie?

BBB Confused
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 08:45 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Butrflynet is expected on Tuesday or Wednesday from her drive from California to ABQ. I will have a birthday cake ready for her along with her favorite big artichoke.

BBB

0 Replies