You can keep your socks on

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 12:41 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
We hope so!!
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 01:24 pm
@Diane,
I'm working on it. Just need to figure out all the logistics and costs. My lease expires on Feb. 28 so I need to finalize things at least 30 days before that. Am trying to figure out if it is best to leave most of my stuff behind and replace it once there or take it with me and put it in storage until I figure out what to do. Also trying to figure out whether to hire a moving company or rent a uhaul and hire people to help me pack it down the stairs (I'm on the second floor), thus requiring the decision of leaving my car here or driving it there. All a matter of cost versus convenience versus space.

Meanwhile, I'm thinning out the junk. Already took two boxes of books to the library for donation. Have to find homes for a lot of other stuff.

Am also still concerned about my ability to cope with the altitude there.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 03:38 pm
@Diane,
Diane, no problem. I know my disabilities would restrict what I would be able to do. I hate being too old to help friends. Glad that Michael will be on call when needed.

BBB
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 03:58 pm
I just talked to Bob on the phone. He says he's still too weak to walk or do much of anything. He also doesn't have the concentration to read this thread, so if we want to talk trash about him, now is the time. Other than that, he was in good spirit and talked like he always does, with his wry humor intact. He didn't specifically state he never liked any of us, but I guess that goes without saying.

The most specific information he gave about his condition was to answer "no" to my not-so-intelligent question, "how are you doing, are you okay?", and to affirmatively grunt when I asked "are you getting there?"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:03 pm
@Diane,
Back when I couldn't walk, I refused that shower chair, too. It might, just might have worked had I had one of those detachable shower heads. When I could finally stand for brief periods with the walker, it was very, very helpful. You can sit on the edge and work your way into, and out of the tub without help. With the aid of a grab bar, a shower became possible. My situation was different, of course, but that's how it worked for me.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:09 pm
From the east side of the river, best wishes and hopes for speedy recovery and back to normal way before expectations.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:09 pm
I haven't been on A2k much lately and just found this. My thoughts and prayers are with Diane and Dys - BBB too. Glad to see that you are coping with things. Love and friendship make all the difference - though I never liked Dys very much.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:27 pm
why in the hell is everyone even acting like they like this dys guy?

yall done gone and lost yer minds..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 05:21 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

As for coming over to stay with him, that just won't work. Love you for the offer, but Bob needs someone with strength to help him do just about anything. I would feel safe nor would Bob with you here. Would worry constanly that you would hurt yourself as well as Bob. Mike has said he will be here whenever needed. What an angel with the added advantage of being strong as a horse.

Have the ladies of Albuquerque forgotten how to control a stubborn man so he doesn't hurt them or himself? Here's a reminder in case you need some ideas. Surely, there's a garage door opener and some rope in that place. Wink

Izzie

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 07:41 pm
Early Sunday morning.... thinking of you Dys (yep - I'm in gushing mood - it's that time of nite - too bad big guy - lovin ya - so keep well, strong strong strong..... LADY D - you take care of yourself too lovely lady - hugs to the both of youze.... and thanks and blessings to all those helping you at this time.

xox xx
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 08:09 pm
The Dys says we're all talking about him. See his post here:

http://able2know.org/topic/110042-434#post-3504134

What a really nice thing to see. (Sniffles)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 08:21 pm
Just catching up now, in a bit of a daze about what I'm finding. I've just read this thread right through & now I'm as worried & upset as the rest of you. My thoughts are with you, dys & Diane. Please may there be some positive news soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh, wait, I think I had that ring...
in the video

0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh my gosh!! I had forgotten about that movie and it is one of my all time favorites. Guess it fulfills the fantasies of every woman who has had to work with a slime boss. Fantastic!

Thing is, Bob is one of the most decent men I have every known. That's why I can't do more than make threats and then they tend to involve beating him with a string of wet spaghetti.

Damn old blue eyed cowboy is way too sweet to stay mad at for very long, although when he refused the ambulance, I was ready to have him commited. Or, commit myself. However, I just called him sweet and that will get to him just a little...
Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:38 pm
Having read through the thread, I realize that I have neglected to keep you all informed about Dys' progress. The thread has begun to have a confused element to it and that is my fault for not keeping up.

Dys had a very serious stroke, there have been moments of confusion and fear, but since last weekend, he has gained strength, now being able to sit up by himself, put his weight on his right leg, making it possible to turn enough to sit. I have high hopes that he will be able to walk again in, possibly a month.

His lucidity is back, it just takes a little longer to verbalize his thoughts. Luckily, he has always been exceptionally lucid, so that isn't terribly surprising.

This stroke was worse than the first one, but he is such a stubborn old cowboy that he won't let it get him down.

So please don't worry too much. He is getting better and I have stopped threatening to wring his scrawny neck for refusing the ambulance.

He is not even close to being put in the ground and, besides, I informed him long ago that I wanted to be the one to go first, as I can't imagine life without him.

We are both here and doing better than we should, considering how bad things looked at first.

Love to all for your concern and please, calm down and don't worry. The old cowboy isn't all that easy to keep down.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre, thank you for your kind thoughts.

I know that, despite our differences, in the end we are all caring individuals and that is the most important characteristic of most everyone on a2k. That is what makes a2k such an extraordinary community.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:42 pm
@Diane,
Tell him we think he's cute and adorable and weally weally winsome.

That oughta do it.
mac11

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:11 pm
That bunny just made me laugh out loud.

(((((all you adorable Albaturkey Atookians)))))
Diane

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:07 am
@dlowan,
I agree Mac11, i was laughing at the very thought of Dys' face when he reads Deb's post.

Weally weally winsome is a classic he will never be able to top.

Wabbit, you're the best naughty, smoking bunny ever. And you know Dys has always adored you, and the more denials there are, the more it becomes obvious that the wabbit has always been special, a soul mate from down under.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:08 am
@mac11,
{{{{{mac11}}}}}, hugs back atcha there in Houston.
0 Replies