You can keep your socks on

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 09:48 am
@dyslexia,
Now, is the major goal for you to get the hip all healed and to get working on bone density?
Glad to hear that the coumadin is working (You will never be fully "in synch" with dosage). I get my factor testing done every month and Ive found that with diet changes (especially when I eat greens) , my factor is low. SO keep yer eye on that dude.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 01:09 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Re my previous post I want to establish the fact that I had several nurses that were nothing short of amazing. They listening to me rant and carry on (out of my head) and always managed to calm me down by just talking to me and explaining what they were doing to me and why. One of them stayed with me for hours starting at 2 a.m. when I was literally crazy with pain from the bladder infection.

Well that probably does it for the affirmative, agreeable side of ole' Dys for a while. He shot the whole thing in one (somewhat defensive) post. Now we'll get only the authentic, cranky growlings of our good cowboy friend.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 03:55 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Well that probably does it for the affirmative, agreeable side of ole' Dys for a while. He shot the whole thing in one (somewhat defensive) post. Now we'll get only the authentic, cranky growlings of our good cowboy friend.

Well George, I am still taking Darvocet. Gimme a few weeks to get back to normal.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 04:13 pm
@dyslexia,
You're showing signs of "normalcy" already.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 04:22 pm
@dyslexia,
Too bad they don't make a pill to get rid of pains like you-know-who.

Ah well, anger's a good sign. Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 09:47 pm
update;
Well I am pretty much getting around the house without a cane, (slowly) but I don't try going outside without the cane, steps are difficult like sidewalk curbs. I continue taking darvocet about 3 x week for sleep, my BP ( take it every evening runs from low (120/80) to high (160/110) I still have the surgical staples holding my him together and need to get the surgeon to remove them. I go to the blood clinic this coming thurs and if all is OK will dc the coumadin. I drive the toyota truck (auto-tranny) but nowhere near trying the Porsche.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 10:03 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

update;
Well I am pretty much getting around the house without a cane, (slowly) but I don't try going outside without the cane, steps are difficult like sidewalk curbs. I continue taking darvocet about 3 x week for sleep, my BP ( take it every evening runs from low (120/80) to high (160/110) I still have the surgical staples holding my him together and need to get the surgeon to remove them. I go to the blood clinic this coming thurs and if all is OK will dc the coumadin. I drive the toyota truck (auto-tranny) but nowhere near trying the Porsche.

If the surgeons removes the staples holding your him together, will this mean you and the Nun will then be two hers in a same-sex marriage? :::flees really fast from the swinging cane!:::

Think we're all done with snow and freezing temps yet so we can start our kitchen gardens? Went out to Sunflower Market today and gawked at the snow-capped Sandias. Almost thought I was in California looking east toward the Sierras. Wished I had my camera with me.

You'll have to settle for this shot from one of the news stations.

http://media.younewstv.com/images/600*346/040908-snow%20capped%20foothills.jpg

When I make my trip to Alameda Nursery to get veggie plants, would you like to tag along to buy some of the same if I drive and then lug the plants and sacks of stinky stuff to the backyard for you?

I will even dig some holes and stick them in the ground for you if you don't go overboard with the quantity.

By the way, that Farmerman guy could use some of your veggie wisdom over here about his 'taters and t'matas.

http://able2know.org/topic/130000-4#post-3628657
dyslexia

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 10:09 pm
@Butrflynet,
absolutely..................we will probably need to take the truck.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 10:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Okay, give me a couple days of warning when you think it is time for things to go into the ground and we'll have a date.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 09:08 am
@dyslexia,
I am glad you're doing so well, dys. Keep up whatever you've been doing,
and your back in your Porsche in no time. I think your brother is waiting for
a visit too, no?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 11:51 am
@dyslexia,
Dys,

I'm going to be in Albuquerque, probably around the 6 -8 th of May, for some business meetings in a new office we recently opened up there . I don't yet know the sehedule of meetings & events they'll impose on me, but perhaps we could meet.
djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 11:58 am
@dyslexia,
i'd compliment you on your progress if i wasn't on ignore Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 01:07 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Dys,

I'm going to be in Albuquerque, probably around the 6 -8 th of May, for some business meetings in a new office we recently opened up there . I don't yet know the sehedule of meetings & events they'll impose on me, but perhaps we could meet.
well, I was planning on washing my hair that week but it's possible that I might make time for a visit. If it's a business meeting you're attending you could write of dinner or lunch (I'm sure I could manage that)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 02:54 pm
@georgeob1,
I'm expecting the grass to be growing around that week, but count on my best effort.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 05:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Would you like me to take Diane out to Church so Dys and you can enjoy your date better? Twisted Evil
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 09:40 pm
@Thomas,
You'll have to come back to ABQ first, and if that's what it will take to get your arse back here again, I'm sure Diane would be willing to be the lure. Wink Laughing

While you two are out praising spirits, I'll be shoveling **** and Dys will be telling me which garden spot in which to shove it...
0 Replies