You can keep your socks on

dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 12:04 pm
@wandeljw,
Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 12:33 pm
I just come here these days to get my smile in..... so glad Dys is doing well.
Letty

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:54 pm
@littlek,
and I came here to smile as well, littlek, because I see that dys' remark to wandel proves that he has seen this movie. Glad Diane is all right, too.

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/980/40045980.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:56 pm
Eh.

No one likes Diane ..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:13 pm
today I got a nice card from the nurses at the hospital, it just said "Stay Well". Very thoughtful I'm thinking.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:18 pm
@dyslexia,
That's good, dys. You were a handful...

Did they leave the card on your new green porch?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Nice indeed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:49 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

today I got a nice card from the nurses at the hospital, it just said "Stay Well". Very thoughtful I'm thinking.

Good. Glad they believe in preventative medicine.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 10:35 pm
something I hadn't mentioned, pre-surgery I had the pleasure of having a foley catheter inserted, after surgery (next day) the catheter was removed but I had developed a bladder infection and the following 2 nights I wet the bed numerous times requiring the nurse to change the bed (and me) very embarrasing; I also (due to bladder pain needed to have the catheter re-inserted twice in a period of 2 hours beginning at 2 a.m. lasting until 4 a.m. and the surgeon had to be called as I was not improving. By 5 a.m. with a new catheter I as able to sleep but it was time for taking my vitals and more blood letting (monitoring my various infections) . I was getting so much morphine I was basically incoherent (psychotic) and for some hours had no idea where i was and was convinced there were people in my room trying to kill me so I called home to Diane at 2:30 a.m. demanding that she come and get me but the nurse managed to convince me I was ok and she got me back into my bed where I slept a few hours before getting my 3rd full xrays, c.t. scan and something called "nuclear medicine scan", they were looking for bone fragments from my exploded hip that might have traveled to different parts of my body. What was supposed to be a 3 or 4 day stay in the hospital turned into 9 days.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Seems, the nurse didn't like you either.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:21 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

...was convinced there were people in my room trying to kill me...

Ah yes, that would be the physical therapists. Laughing
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:35 am
@Eva,
Hey Dys and Lady Di

just checking in on ya - and glad to see you posting. Keep on being not liked and stay well. Love to the both of you. x
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 09:59 am
I spent a couple of hours with Dys and Diane Monday afternoon. Dys loves anything coconut so I brought him a box of his favorite macaroon cookies. I will bring Dys a big container of calcium tablets to help strengthen his soft bones. Both Dys and Diane are looking so much better.

BBB
msolga

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 04:41 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
Both Dys and Diane are looking so much better.

This is very good to hear, BBB! Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 02:19 pm
thoughts while recovering; for 6 days post surgery I was getting morphine and vicodin every 2 hrs alternating, last 2 days in hosp just vicodin every 4 hours; during that time nurses (and docs) would come into my room asking me questions (did you have a BM today?) etc I would always tell them "don't believe anything I say because I really have no idea what is reality" and they would just look at me with a quizical look. I was quite serious in that I knew that I did not have any grasp of reality but it seems they had no understanding.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 02:57 pm
@dyslexia,
I suppose your racism still has no cure.

Your proof only the good die young.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 02:58 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

I suppose your racism still has no cure.

Your proof only the good die young.
**** you.
Izzie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:01 pm
@dyslexia,
Hey there Dys - how be you doing now? Starting growing those tomatoes yet? Love to you and Lady Di. xx

<waves to Osso and BBB xx>

0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:07 pm
@dyslexia,
Yea, now your talking like the homosexual you are.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 03:37 pm
@Woiyo9,
You are not only a bit ... aßhole.
0 Replies