edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 06:39 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
What a wonderful gesture.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:00 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
of all the things dys doesn't like, i'm sure being dropped in the garage tops the list

that's a good friend you guys got
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:04 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

dropping him in the garage. Ouch!

ehhhhhhh

whats a little trash between friends I always say..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:11 pm
I was just picking out a cd to play (I'm culling them, refuse to buy any ugly cd shelves, which are all I find online, or build any) and ran across Lizst.
Nuts, Dys and I just were talking about Lizst on Friday, he said he loves Lizst (I didn't know that) not all that long before the stroke, probably a few hours. Lizst, in the context of his associate Wagner, in the context of artists you might not like as people but who were good.. Picasso for example, also in the context of artists who drew on napkins (the coffee art thread).

My point, I'm going to play these three Lizst cds thinking of the Dys. But Dys likes all kinds of music, which you all well know, mad expert really.

So, while Dys is getting better, why don't we rack up some Dys sounds? I think Rockhead and Shewolf and edgarblythe, and of course Diane, have a finger on his favorites.

So, my part in this -

- From the great pianists emi series, Jorge Bolet, with thirteen cuts on Lizst within 2 cds. He's the guy who did the piano for the old Lizst movie, Song without End.
- Hungarian Rhapsodies Nos. 1-6 by Willi Boskovsky
- Les Preludes, Mazepa, Hungarian Rhapsodies 2, 3, & 14'
Boskovsky, Rozsa, Masur

Might not play them consecutively.. I remember that Bolet is my favorite, but I don't play these often.

From You Tube ------

A piece I learned a truncated version of as a child, the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 6... heh, consider piano stupidity, rampant.
But here's a rare recording by Horowitz - and it jollies up after the intro..

OK, wow, I still like that in its progressions...

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:16 pm
Jillian will be starting piano lessons soon.

I will record and share her first hunt and peck tune..
ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:17 pm
@shewolfnm,
Dys will like that!
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:19 pm
@Diane,
I realise this isn't ehBeth's sock thread Rolling Eyes

i know we've only spoken once, Diane - but best wishes to you and Dys
Rockhead

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:43 pm
@Endymion,
For the Coot...

New Riders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUSrg7QfXcE&feature=related
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 08:18 pm
One more with hugs to D and D...

Poco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEbMys133w&feature=related
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:40 am
@Francis,
Francis, don't tell Bob I told you, but he had some very good asiago on pasta yesterday.

Maybe I will give him a Velveeta massage later today. Better yet, since we all know how much you love Velveeta, I'll leave the Velveeta maggasge to you, you lucky, lucky man.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:41 am
@Diane,
ohhhhhhhhhh the images that statement brings

dear god woman.. Im trying to eat breakfast here..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:47 am
@Francis,
Francis, don't tell Bob I told you, but he had some very good asiago on pasta yesterday.

Maybe I will give him a Velveeta massage later today. Better yet, since we all know how much you love Velveeta, I'll leave the Velveeta maggasge to you, you lucky, lucky man.

Michael, the person to whom BBB is referring, is one of the sweetest men I've ever met. Both he and his wife, Beva. Mike and Bob have a very close relationship, Mike sort of thinks of Bob as a younger brother.

We are beyond lucky to have such good friends.

Btrflynet, a snowfall of pink, fuzzy slippers would be a riot. That plus Jo's lovely idea of music videos of Bob's favorites make a perfect combination.

Bob goes to the doctor this afternoon. I'll post here with any news.

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:48 am
Waiting on to hear good news...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:53 am
@djjd62,
Djjd, how true about not enjoying being dropped in the garage. Ouch magnified!!

Littlek, You know the old coot would just melt into a puddle of joy if you could find you way back here one of these days.

Endymion, your kind thoughts are so welcome. Surprising, isn't it, how many friends we all have and truly care for without ever having met in person. It is a priceless gift from the internet.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:55 am
@shewolfnm,
Wolfie, the minute Jillian plays her first little song, please send it to us right away. Both of us will treasure it, but Bob has such a spot in his heart for her and she seems to have decided that he is her grampa, that her first piano peice will be treasure above all the others.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:47 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:
Bob goes to the doctor this afternoon. I'll post here with any news.

Everyone is thinking about Bob. Thank you for keeping us updated, Diane. I hope that you are staying strong. I am happy to hear you have such helpful friends.
Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:03 am
@wandeljw,
Making tea... waiting for the Lady D. hugs dys. x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 03:25 pm
Update -
Diane asked me to post.

Bob said he would need a wheelchair to get to the clinic. (We had gotten a walker the other day, Monday, I think, which I gather he has been using, and Diane was waiting until today for a prescription for a wheelchair, for insurance purposes.) So Diane drove to the same place to get a w.chair, and when she got home had found Bob on the floor, and he had hurt his back. A friend had some pain pills. Anyway, today's clinic appt. is cancelled, and they'll go next week.

I just talked to Bob - he's a little confused, but still articulate, and the pill(s) are taking effect. (I promised ice cream in the morning..)

Diane expressed a need to hibernate..

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 04:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh he fell, that's not good. I guess, Bob shouldn't be left alone right now,
which is easier said than done, right? It's too bad that the clinic appointment
had to be cancelled, hopefully he manages to get to a doctor early next week,
if not an ambulance might help.

My heart goes out to all of you, hang in there, better times are ahead!
roger

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 05:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I feel a sudden need to hibernate, too.

Oh, I just bet he's articulate. He's never been otherwise.
0 Replies