Suzanne

So Long Maryanne

Sisters of Mercy

Hallelujah

Closing Time

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 07:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
Can anyone tell me if it is a good time in the US to try ringing Diane and Dys now????
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 07:20 pm
@dlowan,
It should be ok. It is about 6:20 their time, I think, unless I am missing a time zone.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 07:29 pm
i'm usually a purist when it comes to music, but i think this cover outshines the original

Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah

an interesting story for the UK

To mark the peculiar happening of “Halleleujah” placing both #1 and #2 on the UK singles charts this week (the former a version of the song by some pop poppet, the latter Jeff Buckley’s version of the song), The Scotsman has a feature on Leonard Cohen and The Telegraph a list of the 20 most interesting things about the song that will pretty much ensure that Leonard's financial troubles are a thing of the past.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 07:50 pm
@dlowan,
No, they sleep at some differing hours in the best of times. Normally, Dys is up at crack of dawn, takes naps, and is usually abed in early or mid evening. Which means that up to recently, Dys has let the dog out in the morning. Diane is a night owl, but for various reasons has to be up re stuff. She sleeps in dollops and is especially lately sleep deprived, in the last few weeks extremely so, with periods of long sleep catchup.. she has been up, off and on, for many days.

When I gave a comment early on about callers (hysterically, I'll admit), I was especially freaked about all this. From my view then, it was the last f/thing they needed, a lot of calls. Don't get me going. But that was in early days...

Now it would be good, but it's hard to pinpoint time.

I'm guessing they are both sleep deprived right now, but I don't know.

Emails first might be good - but then they'd have to check them.
I don't know.
What I do know, is that Dys will always pick up the phone if he hears it, whatever the hell he's doing. Di may not catch it right away.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:01 pm
@Butrflynet,
Y'er going to make me cry again, btryfly, sure for dys and his dealing now, but also for the rest of us.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:06 pm
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

For friends around the world, check the time in Phoenix and it will be the same as ABQ.

If Diane gets a chance, perhaps she'll give some guidance as to best times for calls.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I tried to pick the ones I thought Dys would want to hear together with Diane. There are a lot more Cohen songs with political commentary, but I figured he can select those himself when he's up to it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:20 pm
News seems good-ish. Thanks for checking in farmerman (as in, showing that it can be done and still stay sharp).
Eva

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:27 pm
I remember from my last trip to Albudamnquerque Laughing that Bob goes to bed very early. So I won't disturb him by calling this late...I want him to get all the rest he possibly can. (And Diane, too.)

We had Christmas here today because we're leaving first thing in the morning. We'll make our annual holiday trek to visit relatives in OK and TX. Home late on Friday. I will try to call sometime tomorrow when we are on the road.

I was so happy to hear that he's doing better today! It made my Christmas so much merrier. I hope Bob & Diane's Christmas is warm and bright, and I feel sure that as long as they have each other, it will be just that. Their love is inspiring, those two. It warms everyone around them.

Goodnight. I will talk to all the rest of you this weekend when I get back.
And...Merry Christmas!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:27 pm
@dlowan,
Deb - it looks like ABQ is 6 hours ahead of us, and a day behind, at present - but that's Sydney time - you're half an hour away .

Have a look at http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/worldTime.do and look for world time

Perhaps your morning would be the best time.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:32 pm
@sozobe,
To add to the I don't know thing, most recently, Diane has been wary of evening calls re waking Dys. That may still be true. Suggesting email..
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Er, suggesting email just before a call - not to not call.

But that may be dumb. Just call.

Me, I'd suggest noon.

But never trust me.
roger

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Trust her, but cut the cards anyway. Noon MST would be awfully early for Dlowan, though. Or maybe kind of late.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Eva, Merry Christmas..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:54 pm
@margo,
Thanks guys.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:07 pm
@roger,
Yikes , don't listen to any hour I say. Ignore it. Not meant sarcastically, but their hours vary.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Deb, on ordinary days I think Diane would pick up at this hour, whatever that is re yours. +18.5 or something like that.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:25 pm
Looking at the timing of Diane's posts here in the last month, they're mostly between noon and 3pm ABQ time. Don't know if that is the cowboy's siesta time or what. Best to get the optimum timing for calls straight from Diane. She usually posts again around 11 - midnight so she'll relieve us of our angst soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh, nuts, crying with l. cohen again..

I never did read the poems, gave my book of them to Dys today.. which started all the talk. He knows so much more than I do.