You can keep your socks on

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
Done already.
jespah

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 12:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thought of this song today, don't know why. Thinking of you both.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 03:55 pm
@Diane,
cheez diane. Im sorry Ive just heard about dys and his BP problems. I forgot that Timber was th onliest one who I gave my e-mail to . Ill try to packet it through someone on A2k whose listed theirs. I wish we had the PM feature then itd be easy to send it confidentially.

Look, when I was in my BP prime, Id do a 200 /110 for breakfast and it varied from there.

Im on Diovan, Metoprolol, quinapril, amlodipine,hydrochlorothyazide, warfarin,and doxizosin. The cardio guys have these split into 2 batches 2 times a day and that sends my blood pressure down to an average of 120/70. The warfarin is for my At fib and I take a slow release bigass K pill too.

This pill regimen can be tolerated witha change in lifestyle. I get up at 4 AM and take my first dose and eat an orange and some dried fruit **** (I have no idea whats in it but it tastes sorta ok). Then I go back to sleep cause the meds knock me out for about 1.5 hours . I get up and Im normal, except a little slow thinking and a bit testy at first. I then settle back and live normally for most of the day.

Man, I really dislike dys so much that I want him nearby so I can make sure that theres another rattlesnake out there besides me and set.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 04:03 pm
@farmerman,
use my screen name @yahoo.com

I can forward your email + phone number if you like
littlek

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 04:21 pm
Checking in, encouraged by the news. I'm no good on the phone and it sounds like he has plenty of calls coming in right now anyway. But please tell him IlovehimIlovehimIlovehim.

And I just love the bean-poopityhead tales. Keep them coming!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 04:26 pm
@shewolfnm,
Just got back from some hours with the D's, and the store.

Dys is in fine fettle (maybe an exaggeration. apparently difficult night for pain), a complete turnaround from yesterday morning. Diane got a chance to run some errands and Dys and I covered a lot of subjects pretty well -
Songs and poems by Leonard Cohen; designed communities he knows about, some of which I do too - he knows a lot about Levittown, for example; rice with saffron and his mother's cooking; dreams and their often being about people in our distant pasts.... well, lots of stuff. So glad to have him back.

When I was in the store parking lot afterward, my cell phone rang and I actually answered it for a change, thinking it might be D/D. Turned out to be JLNobody, who'd been calling them, line busy.

Topping the good visit off was that I got to meet "Garage", which I consider a french nom de plume for a darling cat. I'd seen her before, but only in fast passing. Next visit, I'll try to remember to at least have my camera in my car.
Sht, makes me want a cat again. The very thought makes me wheeze, except..
heh, no reaction to sweet Garage, so far. Dante can send me into near lung shutdown though.

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 04:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Just checking in, to see how things are with dys & Diane.

Quote:
Dys is in fine fettle (maybe an exaggeration. apparently difficult night for pain), a complete turnaround from yesterday morning.

That is very good to hear! The "fine fettle" part - not the pain in the night, of course.

Good for you, dys! Excellent! Very Happy

Thank you very much, osso!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:15 pm
Found another batch of good memories:

From the Boston Gathering in October of 2004

littlek wrote:

A little evidence.... (from left to right) Diane, Jespah, Fishin, Quinn1, Region Philbis, Dys and Dagmaraka.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwCJAvEXfs2OidhJL9fdWSwz9Z1Cc9Mu9w1EIwPPBsUdpOt33PS!*lBVB0FKS0pp2MgAqTal65HBtlKl9hA1GBHh1PRLBpQ5xUrPPYTHr59YWiHXIVtbpw/DandylionGreen10_04.JPG

And from the Walter and Dys Big Adventure/Walter visits the USA outside of Chicago thread. I encourage you all to revisit the thread. Lots of beautiful photos and memories there.

Walter Hinteler wrote:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6530/dysphotographing600x4020ia.jpg

dys photographing at Wolf Creek Pass

Walter Hinteler wrote:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/6702/taos3402x6000ie.jpg

Walter Hinteler wrote:

... and inside at the RV-parking there

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5967/alamosa2600x4029qv.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6811/alamosa3600x4023zp.jpg

Walter Hinteler wrote:

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4396/sleepingutecafedys600x4027kk.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
<wipes a tear>
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2517107527_a86984cc71_b.jpg

what an amazing photo.... SheW - you have captured a piece of the cowboys soul in this photo..... so much depth and feeling...

Dys... so good to hear Osso say it has been a better day for you. You keep strong - ya hear! <loveyaloveyaloveya>

you know, I didn't get to talk to you on the phone when I was in KS - but I spoke to your LadyDi... I wish I hadda spoken to you too - soon!!

Lady Di - rest up girl. Thinking of you too. Osso - well done you girl - they are fortunate to have you and their friends around.

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:47 pm
@squinney,
Dys would love some talk time on our magical patio, Squinney, but does Bear have to come? Just kidding, but Dys loves the lovely ladies.

Come anytime. We only have one guest bedroom, so you and Bear had better be on good terms, otherwise there are some nice camping spots down near the bosque.

I have given so many friends an open invitation to stay with us, that we can only hope there isn't a crowd coming when you two are on your way.

We would so love to see you both, although Dys would dysagree.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:47 pm
@sumac,
{{{{{{{{{{ Sumac }}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:49 pm

Here's that guy in 2005, flirting shamelessly with his hat.
(photo showing his best side)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/108_0876.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:49 pm
@Izzie,
I find this picture so amazing too.

Osso, thank you for the update. I am glad Dys is feeling better today, and
hopefully he continues getting better day by day. We're sending good thoughts
to ABQ.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 05:53 pm
@shewolfnm,
Miss Jillibean and grandpa poophead are such a treasure. Funny and clever and the love and affection are always surrounding them.

Mommy wolf is pretty well loved here as well as the little cutie.

Even though he doesn't really like you...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:03 pm
@farmerman,
I can do it too, fm. My email is in my profile.

Called about an hour ago. Line still busy. What are you running, down there, Diane? A bookie joint?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:13 pm
I love this one. I must have seen it before but don't remember it. Very Dys.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5967/alamosa2600x4029qv.jpg

With luck I'll remember to bring my two Cohen CDs - dys said he could quick copy them. They have Leonard Cohen cds, but not easily found. We vie in organizational dysfunction, each person to his or her own; I'm organized, even exceedingly, though perhaps not immediately apparent, on anything that doesn't have to do with bills or math or duty, which leaves a lot of squish room.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
I think 'ok to add that Dys and Diane both throw around black humor as part of conversation with each other. Another sign Dys is back, he's very quick now, old self..

I won't post on this part again - I so hope he gets at least regulation of his meds and palliatives.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:46 pm
@ossobuco,
There were some photos I scanned and posted re the SF get together, 2oo4, but I think they were with the early a2k photo gallery, or maybe with little k's msn - likely too late now. In any case, not many, and the one I remember of D and D was from the back, walking into that cool place next to whatsis bookstore in north beach - I think Blatham and I both coveted possession of that building.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:49 pm
@ossobuco,
One more post, I'm hoping dys gets his meds modulated and is with us for a long time. So I take the photos as a pump.
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:54 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

One more post, I'm hoping dys gets his meds modulated and is with us for a long time. So I take the photos as a pump.

Me too. (Thanks for the updates, osso.)
0 Replies