FreeDuck

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:38 am
@Ticomaya,
I've got a lasso.

Thinking of you, Dys and Diane.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:20 am
I am happy that Bob has so many friends pretending not to like him.

Thanks for re-posting the Albaquerque photos, Buttrflynet!

Diane, I am happy that there is such an outpouring of support for you.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:28 am
I'm really ******* unhappy about this.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:29 am
Dys is up, dressed and in the TV chair, with a cup of tea a his side, Sally at his side, Dante looking at his lapping and figuring his chances of lap time. Dante's interest might rather be in the computer. I'm sure he has learned quite a lot from Dys, so if you find email from a feline telling you he needs someone to whine to, you will know Dante finally figured out the keyboard.

Now I want to ask Dys if he wants some peach cobbler for breakfast.

After a rough and, sometimes disturbing night, Dys is doing fairly well.

Please keep in mind that he speaks very slowly and there are times when he finds it almost too difficult to speak at all. Too many questions are too many, and can be overwhelming.

He is already making a list of who might call today. Looking forward to hearing from friends.

Does anyone know Farmerman's email addy? Bob would especailly like to talk with him. Also, RealJohnBoy--no address.

Fou our phone number, you can get it from BBB or Osso, if you know their numbers.

So far this morning, Dys has asked for Osso and he and I have spoken of Butrflynet and BBB. Some major storms are coming through, so Roger has alread said that he might not be able to come. That road from Farmington is notorious for high winds and snow.

So glad he lives fairly close by.

Dys and I talked a lot last night about the friends we both have on a2k. How lucky, how many people ever have such a bevy of good people? It amazes us.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:33 am
who said he could get up? Huh?

He is not doing a good job playing the sicky person right now..

sheeesh

no wonder I dont like him.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:34 am
Di
We'll call later on when Jane is up. But I'm gonna cry.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:35 am
@Diane,
Still no hospital? Damn. Take it easy, good Diane. And put some ice cream on the peach cobbler.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:35 am
@Diane,
rjb has a tricky e-mail.

I will send him your info diane...

hugs to you both.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:40 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

And put some ice cream on the peach cobbler.

jalapeno ice cream!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:42 am
@Diane,
All good news, Diane. He sounds quite a bit better than when I saw him yesterday morning, so glad. I'll be over, will probably call first. Um, I still haven't made the panna cotta... do you need any more ice cream, or anything else?

On Butryflynet's recent posts, Sea of Love is the one that unleashed the torrent..
djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:49 am
this sounds much better than it did last night

keeping up the positive vibes from the great white north

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:55 am
@Diane,
Diane asked: Does anyone know Farmerman's email addy? Bob would especailly like to talk with him. Also, RealJohnBoy--no address.

I tried to find e-mail addresses for Farmerman and RealJohnBoyd without success. Maybe someone else can find them.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:57 am
I won't call, what with everything going on at the moment, but want you both to know you are in my thoughts. I might try later if you let me know he's up to it, Diane. Meantime, give him a kiss on the forehead for me and remind him he still owes Bear and me some talk time in your back yard.

Love you both very much.
sumac

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:01 am
Thinking of you both.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:09 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Um, I still haven't made the panna cotta...

Le Ricette Dello Spilu: La Panna Cotta
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:30 am
Kids memories surprise me sometimes.

Jillian has a new bike. The one I got her last year, trying to be Miss Thrifty is still.. just too damn big.
She was entered into a contest a couple of weeks ago for a bike and lucky her.. she won. She has a cute little pink and purple bike , matching helmet and training wheels. Smile

So she goes out this morning.. 30 freaking degrees outside.. to ride her bike.

When she gets too cold and comes in, she sits in my lap and sees the photos on this thread of Mr Poopity head.

Out of the blue, she begins to tell me about things Sally dog did. She says she talked to Grand-pa poopyhead on a 'trip' and that he is a long trip away.
She says she wants to talk to Sally dog because Sally dog scratched her and made her cry and she wants Sally to not hurt her again so she feels she needs to "talk to her " .
I asked her if she remembers the whole trip and what she remembered.
She told me things about whats in their home.. she remembers the photos, the cat toys, the tv, the cartoons, the big plants, the bird who also hurt her.. but she is not as adamant about telling off Fred as she is about Sally dog...
Sheesh. I dont remember half of what she talked about.

So, I picked up the phone and let Miss Bean and Poopy head have it out ..

for almost 3 full minutes after they talked, she had a giggle fit about saying the name poopity head. And she is now excited about going on another trip.

hehe.
Sometimes she can be kinda cute. And then there are sometimes when I think I might like that grandpa person.
But only sometimes..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/3128612720_ac095839e3.jpg
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:43 am
@shewolfnm,
The affection between the Bean and the Poopyhead is wonderful to watch. They are a lovely pair. I sometimes think the Bean fills the void Dys must feel from the loss of contact with his daughter when she was a small child.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 11:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, that's hilarious...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 11:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hey Valther - watch for an email from me.
Letty

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@Rockhead,
I sent John of Virginia an email as well, Rock.

Hey, Di. Tried to call just now. Line busy, of course. Off to Virginia myself to be with my boy and girl for Christmas. Will leave tonight. Then fly out tomorrow EARLY. Yikes.

0 Replies