You can keep your socks on

djjd62

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:30 pm
i suppose a kidnapping is out of the question?

sending positive thoughts your way
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:31 pm
@djjd62,
Hehe djjd, I would if I was there!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:39 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i suppose a kidnapping is out of the question?

We could probably round up a posse ...

Many thoughts and prayers are in Albaturkey.
Roberta

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:56 pm
Muttering, snarling, and worrying.

Tried to come up with a fair reason to put aside old and unpleasant experiences and face the reality of the moment. Futile.

Sighing too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:58 pm
@Diane,
Sorry to hear that. I do hope ...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 01:22 pm
@Diane,
LadyD - so sorry .... firstly that Dys is suffering with this and also that you are having to see this happen. Personal choices - that's a tough one - Dys's choices are just that... and it must be so hard to watch his pain, and he will know yours too. I'm so sorry hun. Know we are all here to listen to you - have a Di-kvetch!

Dys - you are so very loved by many - even when you are not liked. Hugging you gently and wishing you well. xx
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 02:28 pm
@Diane,
Thinking of you both.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 03:42 pm
@Diane,
Quote:
Dys had another small stroke last night. It has taken a toll, but he seems better this morning. We discussed whether he should go to the hospital, but he has had lots of experience with the medical system. He told me about soldiers in Vietnam, doctors in hospitals saying one things and doing another, and he talked about feeling worse once he got home from the hospital than when he went in.

By the way, I haven't mentioned most of the details of his first stroke or this one, on this thread. I just wanted his friends to know that he was seriously ill and that it would affect his ability to post as freely as he usually does.

I haven't taken offense at the honest concerns of anyone who cares about his privacy, I care too, but I also want him to be understood and I want his very good friends to know how he is doing.

(Reposting Diane's last post for easier access ...)

I'm very sorry to hear this, Diane.
Like everyone else here, I'm also very concerned.
You are both in my thoughts.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 04:25 pm
@msolga,
Diane, I'd like to apologise, if I may. You are in the situation & I'm not. I'm thinking I might have been out of line with my comment & possibly I've offended you. That honestly wasn't my intention. Please don't feel you need to respond to this. You have far more important things to occupy you right now.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 04:44 pm
@Diane,
Oh, no!

Sure glad the hospital thing wasn't my decision to make. It would be so easy to send or take him in, and tell yourself you'd done all that could be done. Too often, though, I get the feeling that they see themselves as big, clean warehouses.

Again, I'm glad it wasn't my decision to make.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:02 pm
Diane- What can I say? I love the two of you more than you could ever know. Dys is a very stubborn cuss, and wants to do things his way. And he is entitled!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:11 pm
@Diane,
I'm really sad to read that Bob's had a further stroke. I am glad that he's still up to arguing and making decisions.

I hope the docs can find a way to get him good and stable and stronger, and that if they can, that he'll let them.

Gotta be his decision.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 05:12 pm
Oh no! Not again!

I wish I was there to help.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 06:54 pm
It turns out that this one is far, far worse than the stroke on the 5th.

I love that stubborn old cowboy.
littlek

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 06:58 pm
<fret>
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 06:59 pm
@Diane,
Talk to us Lady Di.... say the things you wanna say.... don't think about them... tell Dys... love him... and given him peace around him - endless and boundless. This may not be his time... positive energy (I know, he may not be in to that) - but you are girl.... rely on your friends, think of your feelings.... always let Dys know how much you love the cantakerous curmudgeon everybody loves to dyslike. We're all here for the both you.... and Osso... and BBB, RH et al .... your friends.

We're ya A2K family - tell us whatever you wish to... no matter how small it seems. Keep the thoughts flowing. Most of all... tell the fella you are very much in love with. xx
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:00 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

It turns out that this one is far, far worse than the stroke on the 5th.

I love that stubborn old cowboy.

I know you do, Diane. He's stubborn all right, but I hope he'll come around -
for your sake!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:43 pm
@Diane,
I am so sorry Diane and Dys.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((D&D))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:45 pm
(((((((((diane/dys)))))))))
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:46 pm
Yikes!

Lurking and fretting!
0 Replies