Question for All Obama Haters

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 06:54 am
Do you just sit around in your dark little room, twiddling your thumbs and thinking up new and ridiculous claims against Obama?

I am intrigued at where you come up with these things.

I am all for exposing liars or those who aren't fit to hold the office they are running for. But come on people. Some of these accusations are just laughable. And totally unresearched.

Below viewing threshold (view)
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:25 am
@Bella Dea,

Quote without comment:

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/politics/2008/view/2008_10_27_Barack_Obama_cuts_TV_station_s_cord_over_Joe_Biden_grilling/srvc=home&position=also

http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html
sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:31 am
@Phoenix32890,
Frank James:

Quote:
I don't get it. I thought anchors were supposed to deliver the news straight, which means conducting an interview without taking a side in a political argument. Did I not get the memo?

Are local TV anchors now paid to be cut-rate versions of Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh or, on the other side, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow?

Those guys are paid to be edgy and opinionated. Anchors are paid to read the news and introduce live-shots or video segments and to do it straight.

What was West trying to accomplish? Was her purpose to use Biden as a foil so that she could air her right-of-center views under the guise of conducting an interview with the Democratic vice presidential nominee?

Or was she trying to be so outrageous in an effort to provoke Biden into delivering the mother-of-all gaffes? Was she looking for Biden to give her some really great videotaped outrage?

Whatever she was going for, it certainly wasn't straight-ahead journalism. Where was the balance or the attempt at fairness?

Most journalists have their points of view and political leanings. We're citizens. We're allowed that.

But any journalist who's covered politics and politicians long enough knows it's important to keep a certain distance. You don't want to drink the Kool-Aid of either political party.

Both major parties have their heroes and scoundrels. Both have within their ideologies parts that reflect the best of American and human values and partisans who don't. Neither party has cornered the truth.

Journalists who take what we do seriously know this and act accordingly. We don't always get it right. But at least we worry about getting it right.

Which is why West's interview was so cringe-worthy. I had the same feeling doctors must get when they witness a colleague make a medical error. At least, unlike mistakes in healthcare, no one was hurt or died.

When Biden asked her if her questions were a joke, she answered wrongly because they were. The whole interview was.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/10/biden_tv_interviewer_hits_new.html
cjhsa

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:36 am
@sozobe,
Soz that's a steaming load of liberal ****.

Obama was the one who made the "spread the wealth" comment to Joe the Plumber. By making that statement, it opens up his campaign to the questions the reporter asked. They've been given a pass for too long. Poor baby Joe. Waah.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:43 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Do you just sit around in your dark little room, twiddling your thumbs and thinking up new and ridiculous claims against Obama?

I am all for exposing liars or those who aren't fit to hold the office they are running for. But come on people. Some of these accusations are just laughable. And totally unresearched.

I find it exteremely interesting that you opened the thread without giving a single example of the type of lie you are asking us to discuss.
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:52 am
@Woiyo9,
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

"Unresearched" as Bella says.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:53 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Bella Dea wrote:

I find it exteremely interesting that you opened the thread without giving a single example of the type of lie you are asking us to discuss.
Obama is a muslim.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:57 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

they are essentially embarrased by GWB and Sarah Palin and need to attack someone.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 07:58 am
@Woiyo9,
I think you make Bella's point exactly, Woiyo. Copy-and-pasting some list from the Internet you found without, obviously, spending a second researching these claims yourself. Many of them are so bogus, you would be laughed off for them even by many fellow conservatives.

I even spent some time refuting some of the more obvious ones here one of the many times you posted this same list before, and you never even bothered checking those arguments and replying, you just ran on like a headless chicken to post the same list in other threads.

Yeah, you make Bella's point exactly with your post.

And the funny thing is that one of the talking points, put forward so often by Okie, is that Obama-voters are irrational and only go on emotion. Well, when I read you or him or cjhsa or Gunga (I mean jebus, you've gotten to fall in the same category as Gunga now!), it looks like it's you guys who've only got raw emotion left now, and nothing much beyond that. Instinctive distrust, suspicion, fear, anger, disbelief, an endless flow of forwarded rumors that one visit to Snopes.com would refute - and nary a rational argument anymore.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:17 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
Question for All Obama Haters...

What's wrong with hating evil and corruption?
I don't believe anyone brought up George W Bush.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:28 am
@dyslexia,
eliminates a great deal of confusion just to hate everyone...wouldn't
you agree dys?
dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:30 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

eliminates a great deal of confusion just to hate everyone...wouldn't
you agree dys?
The day I agree with any post of the Bear is the day I take a shotgun and disconnect my brain, Hi Steve and I do hope Steve Jr is doing well.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:56 am
@Bella Dea,
Some of the allegations made against Obama are based on the distortion or outright manufacture of facts, and the people responsible for them might very well be motivated by hate, but certainly the same can be said concerning some of the allegations (and their originators) that have been made against McCain and Palin.

The Snope debunking of the the 50 Lies has an uncharacteristically defensive tone, and relies upon a rather short list of articles, some of which were published by media sources that have either actually endorsed Obama or demonstrated a bias for him.

This doesn't mean that the Snopes piece is a pack of lies, inaccurate or simply full of spin, but there is no reason to believe it is the definitive word on these allegations either.

This election season's plethora of so-called "Fact Checking" efforts (by both sides of the spectrum) have often proven to be less than factual and rife with bias, and it is a mistake to assume that if someone claims to have checked the facts, their conclusion is accurate.

It is very unfortunate, but there are no news sources that are trustworthy in the minds of most Americans.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070809222839.jzdcwmy8&show_article=1

Perhaps this is inevitable in a nation that seems to be politically split down the middle, but it's not healthy.

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 09:08 am
@nimh,
You take yourself too seriously.

As dumb as you may think "the list" may be, is equal how dumb this Post is.
Rolling Eyes
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 09:10 am
@Woiyo9,
You're rubber, he's glue ...
0 Replies