Question for All Obama Haters

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:15 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
I think even Foxfyre won't bring that one out.
Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:22 pm
Whoa. Brandon, that is WEIRD. Yesterday, my numbers were right. Today, they are both in the 10,000,000's.

Apparently, the McCain haters have come out of hiding and starting flooding the internet.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

I think even Foxfyre won't bring that one out.

really... there's a point where it becomes too stupid for words.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 01:14 am
@nimh,
Well, your predicatble editorializing notwithstanding, I agree with your basic defintions.

Hopefully Bella Dea has been educated.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 01:47 am
@nimh,
Quote:
neo-conservatives. . .

Excellent post, nimh.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 07:23 am
@nimh,
Quote:
... Neo-conservatives (who include a notable number of converts with a lefty and far-lefty past) apply an aggressive intervenionism to foreign policy, which is framed in a language of idealism. They reject a narrow definition of national interest as purely reacting to direct threats and attacks, and believe that the US should aggressively use its military power to spread democracy and face down totalitarian regimes as a matter of principle. The world can only be safe when the scourges of terrorism and totalitarianism are eradicated, they argue, so it's within a broader definition of national interest to go after them in general, even without provocation.

A lot of issues seem to boil down to the "hatchet" versus the "scalpel" approach to things.

There are those who see the world simplistically and want to use brute force to solve problems, and there are those who see the world as complex and want to use finesse to solve problems.

0 Replies