The Final Debate! No More! This Is IT! Last one!!

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
@Cycloptichorn,
surely not the get over it and stop whining republican party...
Below viewing threshold (view)
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:58 pm
@cjhsa,
May as well try and get your "real Republican" on the ballot for 2012. This one appears to be about over.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4218/39402909lo0.jpg

(I wonder who won the debate?)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:01 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
14.3, damn. I wonder, if it goes low enough, will they close the book?!!?

Cycloptichorn
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

They can't, and they have no reason to. The contract expires on the election. That's when all shares are worth 100 or 0. Intrade makes their dough by executing the trades. McCain is a tremendous bargain right now... as he would return $7 for every dollar spent (minus trading fees) on him right now.
Pity he's toast, or I'd buy some myself.

On the other hand, a person could buy him at 14.3 and only hold him till he gets back into the 20's (which he probably will at some point this month)... just don't get stuck holding him in November. Wink
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:10 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

They can't, and they have no reason to. The contract expires on the election. That's when all shares are worth 100 or 0. Intrade makes their dough by executing the trades. McCain is a tremendous bargain right now... as he would return $7 for every dollar spent (minus trading fees) on him right now.
Pity he's toast, or I'd buy some myself.

On the other hand, a person could buy him at 14.3 and only hold him till he gets back into the 20's (which he probably will at some point this month)... just don't get stuck holding him in November. Wink

haha, I know that they pay out when the contract expires. Just making a joke.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:41 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their gun this morning.

Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 01:49 pm
@cjhsa,
I think you're right, cjhsa. In fact, I encourage you and all other Republicans to work your hardest to make sure that your 2012 candidate is a real conservative. Someone to the right of McCain and to the right of GW Bush. No more pussy-footing around. Nominate the most rightwing politician you think you can get away with in 2012. Sarah Palin, perhaps. But better not stop there and go all the way. Maybe Tom Tancredo can have another go. Or put up Coburn or someone like that. Go for it. Please.
okie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Yeah, especially if all the voter fraud occurs as planned.

Crooks ought to be strung up. FBI, get onto it big time, that is my advice.

This isn't a few votes, it is thousands, tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands in Ohio. The Democratic machine is corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. We are now living in a third world country, apparently, in regard to elections.
blatham

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:16 pm
@nimh,
Palin for president, certainly.

As her VP pick, nobody looks more appropriate than Joe the Plumber.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:17 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Yeah, especially if all the voter fraud occurs as planned.

Crooks ought to be strung up. FBI, get onto it big time, that is my advice.

This isn't a few votes, it is thousands, tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands in Ohio. The Democratic machine is corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. We are now living in a third world country, apparently, in regard to elections.
The Democratic machine is indeed corrupt here in Wisconsin, legendarily so. There will be lots of votes counted that shouldn't be, here, just as there will be in Ohio. However, in this particular election, it doesn't look like it will be close enough to make a difference. Relax. McCain's not going to get cheated; he's going to lose fair and square.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 02:37 pm
@cjhsa,
Yep, hard working educated people who represent a diverse cross-section of races and religions.

Am I and elitist? Well I guess both Obama and I had student loads, so I guess there is a connection...

T
K
O
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
There will be lots of votes counted that shouldn't be, here, just as there will be in Ohio.

Um...and your source for this claim is what exactly, william?
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:08 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
There will be lots of votes counted that shouldn't be, here, just as there will be in Ohio.

It's the nature of these things. I think it's a reasonable conclusion. As reasonable as saying that some people will cheat on their SAT. You don't know how to prove it, but it's a reasonable conclusion that somebody will try and maybe get away with it.

I think the point is that people act/cheat thinking that they are helping, but they aren't. Obama doesn't need some group out there to do anything. Obama is doing fine by himself.

This is why I'm hoping for a landslide victory, so that Obama's presidency is not held in question. I don't want a victory in a single battleground to declare victory, I want a clear margin that goes unquestioned.

ACORN only frustrates me because now for some Obama needs to win by an even larger margin to dispel these kinds of thoughts. ACORN did Obama no favors.

T
K
O
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:20 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The Democratic machine is indeed corrupt here in Wisconsin, legendarily so. There will be lots of votes counted that shouldn't be, here, just as there will be in Ohio. However, in this particular election, it doesn't look like it will be close enough to make a difference. Relax. McCain's not going to get cheated; he's going to lose fair and square.

So if I get this straight what you just said, the Democratic machine is indeed cheating big time, very corrupt in regard to elections, stealing votes, but McCain will lose fair and square.

You are a sucker, Bill, if you believe that. We go around the world pretending to help other countries know how to conduct fair elections, but we can't even do it here. By the way, I think Obama lied in the debate about his relationship with ACORN. It is more than he pretended when he brushed it off. If I understand his community organizing, it had alot to do with registering voters, empowering voters, rounding them up, etc. I will be studying more about this, but I don't think he is being straight with us at all. He is P.T. Obama or Mr. Slickster himself, sitting up there with the squirrelish grin, like a deer in the headlights, spouting the same old uh uh uh lines, "what I have said, blah blah blah," I am fed up with the con job, Bill.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:22 pm
@okie,
The next 4 to 8 years are going to be very difficult for you, Okie Laughing

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Its going to be difficult for everyone that don't care for con men. If you do, I hope you are happy.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Well considering Obama's plan, he'll probably be just fine, though he'll never say so.

T
K
O
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 04:29 pm
@okie,
By the way, I had to smile today when I heard someone refer to Sen Obama as Obambi, suggesting he isn't tough enough to stand up to our adversaries. Clever.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:09 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

Why, the Wisconsin State Statutes on voting of course. More specifically the "Election Day Manual" in the section that describes Residency.
Quote:
1. Establishing Residency.
a. In order to claim residency, a voter must establish a physical presence with the intent to make that presence his or her residence for voting purposes.
Sounds pretty good so far, right?
Quote:
b. Residency is established by electors registering on Election Day by providing proof of residence or with a corroborating witness.
What that means, Bernie; is you and Dag could come and vote right here in Wisconsin, if I wanted to vouch for you. No registration necessary. No ID necessary. No proof that you are an eligible voter whatsoever. If that sounds ridiculous, that’s because it is. But it’s the law.

Wisconsin Republicans have been trying to tighten this up for as long as I've been alive, while Wisconsin Democrats have consistently, successfully blocked all attempts to do so.

The gall of those Republicans. Last time they wanted voters to at least have to show a picture ID... but the Democrats thought that could be embarrassing to minorities who were more likely to not have a Drivers License. And that minorities might be less likely to vote if they had to show their more embarrassing State Id (Identical to a DL in every way, except it says "not valid for driving" on it).

The truth is; Democrats know that ineligible voters like; felons on probation and parole, illegal aliens etc, and all manner of criminal elements are more likely to violate the voting laws AND are more likely to vote Democrat. So, they make it the easiest thing in the world to do because they want to continue to enjoy their support. There is no good reason not to restrict voting to eligible voters, Bernie. The Law is a joke and during tight elections it can give Democrats the edge here... and everybody here knows it. As I said; this bit of idiocy is legendary here.