The Final Debate! No More! This Is IT! Last one!!

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:33 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
SNL's gonna have a field day with that flurry of gestures McCain tossed out there after the debate.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:34 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

SNL's gonna have a field day with that flurry of gestures McCain tossed out there after the debate.

Lol, true.

I think it was a win for Obama tonight. He met every attack head on, and McCain had problems.

The CNN dials were positive for Obama the whole time.

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:36 pm
I actually felt a little sorry for McCain. He looks old and stiff and sounded a little desperate with his feeble attacks. He's mannerisms remind me of Mr. Burns on The Simpsons. I also think he must of had an eye lift in the last year. He has that wide awake look that some of the older women in my family have from one too many nip tucks. I think he's going to go out with a whimper instead of a bang.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
A definite win for Obama. He's souvereign and gave clear prospects on
every subject what he intends to do to stimulate the economy, in health care
and taxes.

On the other hand, McCain was crying foul play over the negative campaign.
Who cares!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:40 pm
I think that was probably McCains best performance. I think he laid too long in the nonsense about John Lewis and Ayers, and the sighing and blinking going on in the split screen was a bit rough. But, he was more commanding than he has been. Obama looked tired at times, but I thought he handled the nonsense topics exceptionally well.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:43 pm
I just want to know what Joe (the Plumber) Nation thinks of all this.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:44 pm
After McCain's attack on Roe v. Wade and abortion and how it should be left up to the states, Obama's response was truly sagacious, about abortion not being a decision left up to state mandate, but a difficult decision ultimately to be made by a woman.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

After McCain's attack on Roe v. Wade and abortion and how it should be left up to the states, Obama's response was priceless, about abortion not being a decision left up to state mandate, but a difficult decision ultimately to be made by a woman.

Yes, this was one of the highlights of the debate!
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Now, how was I able to edit after your post???
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
You can edit for a few of minutes, then the edit function disappears.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:50 pm
McCain's reactions were annoying, and he played very fast and loose with the truth. He's a douchebag.

I hate these uncommitted people. Jerkoffs. Make a decision already, jackass!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 08:56 pm
the boys and girls over at Fox have given up the ghost
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:05 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, some of the die-hard Foxnews supporters are complaining and saying
they're ashamed of Fox which did not display fair play and balanced news. Laughing

Must have been cjha in disguise!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 09:29 pm
I thought McCain started out tripping on his sentences and sputtering a bit. But then once he got rolling on his attacks he seemed more on track. Unfortunately for McCain, Obama just can't be needled into dropping his air of confidence, so none of the character issues stick.

During the second half of the debate I got interrupted by a phone call and ended up watching with the sound off. It was interesting to watch the candidates just based on their visual presentation without any words. Obama always looked cool and collected, but McCain almost looked maniacal at times. He was blinking like crazy and wide-eyed and staring with alternating smiles and grimaces and other odd expressions.
Eva

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:00 pm
@rosborne979,
My 14 year old son wandered in the room for a few minutes during the debate and commented on how McCain was blinking so much. He thought it was strange.
Thomas

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:08 pm
@Eva,
But according to Sarah Palin, you can't blink in this kind of campaign.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:11 pm
@Thomas,
That sounds like the set-up for an SNL skit. Mebbe JoeNation could flesh it out.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:11 pm
I miss H2Oman.
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:15 pm
@JTT,
If McCain truly wants to put country first he should concede. Think of the money that could be saved. All his useless campaign ad money could go to securing executives golden parachute policies or buying GWB a brush cutter, or contributing to cheney and bush's legal defence fund, or ...
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 10:57 pm
I see here all the Obamaites backslapping each other in victory, what a laugh.

One thing struck me, I think both Obama and McCain would both be very hard pressed to wean us off of Middle Eastern and Venezuela oil in 10 years, but especially Obama, slick talker, but geothermal is part of the answer, huh, and limited new offshore drilling, drag feet on nuclear, what else, convert car plants into making solar panels and wind turbines, uh, by who, the government? Has anyone told him that wind turbines are being built already, and solar panels are too, but they are not going to wean us off oil anytime in the next 20 or 30 years, is the guy an idiot or just dumb?

Slick talking, but practical solutions, no. Also I find it fascinating that after how many years now have Democrats been making fun of trickle down economics since Reagan's tenure. What else do you call it when even Obama is proposing giving tax breaks to businesses that create jobs? Hypocrits and liars, all of them.

All in all, I thought McCain started weak, but got better throughout, and what you see is what you get, which aint perfect, but the best and really only viable option we have. The other one is disaster. I wonder as Obama increases the poll leads, business interests will continue to run scared, hence the markets problems are even worse in anticipation of that disaster. If McCain climbs back a bit, I would look for the markets to stabilize. After all, why invest in energy companies, or any company for that matter, if their profits are going to be robbed, or if they might be nationalized a few years down the road?

One last comment, the moderator did an excellent job, and it was a good format, better than previous.
0 Replies