Presidential Debate: Round 2

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:53 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Ticomaya wrote:

I believe the idiot in question was referring to c.i. as the "Jap", DTKO.
Which is no less asinine... agreed?
Btw, for those who don't know, Mason is the latest incarnation of Possum.

Yes, I am aware, and that is why I requested the mods to IP ban.

T
K
O
0 Replies

JTT

@mason738,
Quote:
If you know how to read, Look up the classic novel--"A Rumor of War by Phillip Caputo. Throughout the novel, the North Vietnamese as referred to as "gooks"

See, Mason. We all do it. And it's pretty juvenile to point these thing up, wouldn't you agree?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

@mason738,
Is someone else using your Synron costume this evening or are you two identical twins?

0 Replies

mason738

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:55 pm
@Debra Law,
I didn't know that you were an entomologist too, Debra L A W? How brilliant. A woman named Debra L A W who makes 750,000 dollars a year as a partner in a big law firm and still has time to post incessantly despite her fourteen hour a day workload at her firm and knows entomolgy also.

I know that Joe from Chicago is jealous. He is stuck at 22nd and California and has to defend all those DUI cases and small time drug dealers. Poor Joe. Have you noticed his frayed cuffs and collars lately?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 09:56 pm
@mason738,
Yes I know who he is, and I've met him in person.

As for the rest of your garbage, I don't see what you are trying to prove. nobody but you is running in the race to be an pig. We'll just give you the medal so you can move on.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Ticomaya

@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Which is no less asinine... agreed?

Agreed.
Quote:
Btw, for those who don't know, Mason is the latest incarnation of Possum.

Wonder when is he going to grow a set and go meet you in Cedarburg, O'Bill?
0 Replies

mason738

@Bi-Polar Bear,
Polar Bear--Now you know that the only adults who get full depends are those with mental problems like self described Bi-Polar unfortunates!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Yes of course, but why would CI being Japanese have anything to do with the statement at all?

Who knows? I guess he wanted to slur c.i., and that's what he came up with.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:01 pm
Polling into Fox tonight gives a nice look into their viewership...

McCain as winner 86%
Obama as winner 12%

Clearly, a representative demographic.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:01 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote: "IMO, Obama was so much more presidential."

I agree. McCain was condescending and rude. At the end, when Obama and Michelle met up with McCain and Cindy as they were working the audience, Obama stretched out his hand to shake McCain's hand. McCain refused to oblige and made his wife do the "dirty work" before scampering away (like a cochroach).
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Yes of course, but why would CI being Japanese have anything to do with the statement at all?

Who knows? I guess he wanted to slur c.i., and that's what he came up with.

It was nothing more than a slur, IMO.

I think that this kind of thing is ridiculous. Our A2K community is better than this. Left and Right can agree this kind of thing may be acceptable at other sites, but not here.

I suggest all members report the posts to mods and request an IP/hardware(mac address) ban.

T
K
O
JTT

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
It was nothing more than a slur, IMO.

That it was, TKO, a slur, but I think it's better that he/she stews in his/her own ignorance. Mason knows he/she was way out of line. He/She is really scrambling now.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:13 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
I suggest all members report the posts to mods and request an IP/hardware(mac address) ban.

Well, a bit of a discussion about that .... HERE.

The gist seems to be that the trolls shall remain. They will be largely "ignored," but they shall remain.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:26 pm
I submit that Obama won tonight's debate, making it 3-0 for the Dems.

I further submit that snap polling evidence and focus groups have confirmed this. Perhaps more importantly, Conservative blogs were depressed and morose about tonight's debate for the most part.

I project that Obama's polling numbers will not be significantly changed by this debate.

Cycloptichorn
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:28 pm
@mason738,
That's all fine and dandy senior opossum, but it's not as if you advance the conservative agenda with your racial slurs.

I don't have to defend Bi-Polar Bear's comments, I have to defend my own.

You may be able to justify saying whatever you want as free speech, but it makes a mockery of those who don't have that right. You think that the people in China want free speech so they can say racial slurs? No.

You forget that every right has a paired responsibility.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 10:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I submit that Obama won tonight's debate, making it 3-0 for the Dems.

I further submit that snap polling evidence and focus groups have confirmed this. Perhaps more importantly, Conservative blogs were depressed and morose about tonight's debate for the most part.

I project that Obama's polling numbers will not be significantly changed by this debate.

Cycloptichorn

Hmmm...

I don't know, I'll give it until Friday, and if McCain hasn't tightened the gap by 1-2% I'll agree. It's really hard these days to gauge public response. I think the assumption that people eat what they are fed (the thought that they are dumb) is perhaps being challenged by this election. Old cynical views about what the public wants/looks for may have to be updated.

T
K
O
0 Replies