Presidential Debate: Round 2

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@mason738,
mason738 wrote:

BILL W A R D? Is that Bill Mental Ward or Bill Cancer Ward?

no, it's bill ward, the drummer from black sabbath. a real nice guy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Thank ye for the correction.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Thank ye for the correction.

that's okay. just trying to keep things scholarly around here. !##$%^&*()__+
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:24 pm
@mason738,
mason738 wrote:

But the mulatto is going to take care of the shiftless inner city scum who never save enough to buy health insurance. The next time you stand in line under the Mulatto's Health insurance plan,.Look around!

what color is the sky on the planet where you live?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:27 pm
@mason738,
mason738 wrote:

What the mulatto will not tell you, cjhsa, is that SOCIALIZED medicine has been a disaster wherever it is tried.

You're so correct.

This conservative "monster" of Bismarck introduced it in 1883 (eighteen hundred eighty-three) and we had to live all those decades with this disaster.
mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter- Let me give you a hint.. You think that everything German is suprerior to anything else in the world but you tiptoe around the years 1935-1945. Why?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:41 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
It was blue but the clouds are now turning it black!
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter--You did not tell us that Bismarck was forced to resign in 1890 just seven years after he laid down his Health Plan because it was so strongly opposed.

I suppose you are going to claim that the Fatherland has always been liberal.

Not when I was in East Germany in 1979.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
So it seems odd to hear someone as polite as you are; do a 180 from your own original statement, just to find fault in mine.

Pardon my "Huh?" here, but what original statement of mine did I do a 180 on? Cause I have no idea what you're alluding to.
nimh

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Oboy will be the end of America. Lock and load. [..] I'm buying guns, ammo, and supplies. You should too.

What do you plan to use it for?
blatham

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:09 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:
Last night Oboy said "I believe it is a right"

No, he said, "I believe it should be a right."

In Canada, of course, this is how we have come to consider the matter (the US stands uniquely outside of all the other western nations in this).

Canadian citizens, after some 50 plus years of experience with this model, adamantly refuse to elect any government which would overturn it. Likewise true in England and Europe (I'll stand for correction here if needed). That equals a LOT of consumer satisfaction.
blatham

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:29 pm
Here's a hell of a fine idea from Andrew Sullivan via CJR...

Quote:
“The Place for Politics” has felt more like “The Place for Palin” of late. You can’t tune in to MSNBC (or cable news in general) in the last day or so without hearing, at length, from Gov. Sarah Palin on the stump.

To which Andrew Sullivan says:

Until governor Sarah Palin gives a full press conference, it seems to me that the cable news outlets should stop running her stump speeches in full on television. The deal is: candidates get to broadcast their message if the press get to question them thoroughly. That’s how real democracy works - give and take. What the Palin-McCain campaign wants is all give and no take: an indirect propaganda filter and the outrageous precedent of no press conferences in presidential campaigns. This is an assault on democracy. It is closer to Russian or Georgian democracy than American. If cable news continues to enable this chilling process, they will become complicit.

http://www.cjr.org/the_kicker/can_we_get_some_quo_with_that.php

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:38 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Last night Oboy said "I believe it is a right" in response to a healthcare question. Last time I looked, there is nothing in the Constitution or Bill of Rights about a right to taxpayer provided healthcare. There is a funny little clause I call 2A though, and he apparently doesn't agree with that one.

How can you willingly elect a president who wants to rewrite the Constitution more to his liking?

He also wants to heavily tax the successful, a wonderful incentive to not be successful. He's an idiot - and not a savant.

So because he wants people to have health care we are doomed? How does that make any sense?

T
K
O
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:39 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
So it seems odd to hear someone as polite as you are; do a 180 from your own original statement, just to find fault in mine.

Pardon my "Huh?" here, but what original statement of mine did I do a 180 on? Cause I have no idea what you're alluding to.
This one:
nimh wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

No joke - he pronounces it like some natives do.

Well gosh darn it is he running for President of the USA or of Pakistan? If he wants to be an American President for Americans he should just pronounce it the American way! Where do his allegiances really lie, anyway??

I doubt I misinterpreted your sarcasm.

Aside: How cool is that wormhole feature? I bounced back to the initial post in this sidebar rather effortlessly (rather than scrolling and skimming.)