Presidential Debate: Round 2

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 12:57 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Here's something missing from our discussions about the current elections. I hope this brings back that old feeling about our country. Sent to me from a friend.
Verified by Snopes at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/romania.asp

We rarely get a chance to see another country's editorial about the USA .

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper. The article was written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title 'C'ntarea Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'

~An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble one another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and religious beliefs

On 9/ll, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart.

Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of losers.

Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts.

Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic, they raised their flag over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a government official or the president was passing. On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other hundreds or thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one human being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy.

What on earth can unite the Americans in such way?

Their land? Their history? Their economic Power? Money?

I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I thought things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedom can work such miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu

(This deserves to be passed around the internet forever.) It took a person on the outside - looking in - to see what we take for granted ! GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 12:59 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I believe that's correctly pronounce EYE-talian

uh-yuh, bear, shore is. sorta like I-ran, I-rack. didn't wanna git all funetik about it. Very Happy
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This was the last chance for McCain to get his knock out punch, but he failed.

i'm not so sure he even has a knock out punch at this point. they've thrown everything they can at obama. nothing's sticking.

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:11 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Oboy will be the end of America. Lock and load. What you are seeing in the financial markets is partly an early reaction to what might be. When progressive scum take over our all three branches of our government the republic is finished. I'm buying guns, ammo, and supplies. You should too.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:19 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

This was the last chance for McCain to get his knock out punch, but he failed.

i'm not so sure he even has a knock out punch at this point. they've thrown everything they can at obama. nothing's sticking.

Yeah, no matter how much glue you put on a kitchen sink...

T
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:19 pm
@cjhsa,
ceej, You already have enough of those to supply a small army; save your money for food and fuel.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We're all screwed. I don't understand how you cannot see that.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:24 pm
@cjhsa,
How do you figure?

Details please.

T
K
O
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:31 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

nimh wrote:
Well, jokes aside, he wasnt negotiating with Pakistanis now. He was speaking to Americans.

Not that I care how he pronounces it, but this seems like a silly argument in his defence. The Pakistanis dont care how he pronounces Pakistan at a domestic election debate.
Strange to see you... or frankly anyone from across the water suggesting there might be a wrong time for the next U.S. President to be considerate and/or polite.

Oh, dont be silly (whats up with you today anyway?). They wont say "Magyarorszag" if they ever get round to talking about Hungary either, when thats how they pronounce it here. Or, if you want an example that at least wouldnt be totally mistifying, "Frahnce" instead of the American "Frence". Moskva instead of Moscow, Rossiya instead of Russia. Etc.

And again, I dont give a flying F how Obama pronounces the name of a country, and anyone who's going to make political hay about this against him is pretty dumb. But the argument that Obama talks to the US voters about "Pokistan" in a townhall election debate because he hopes it will help with successfully negotiating with Zardari is pretty outlandish. You dont have to defend every single point, no matter how trivial, about Obama y'know.
I merely answered RJB's question... in pretty much the same way you did. The subject rates about .0001 on my scale of 1-10 too… and I hardly take exception to every Obama point. What’s up with you?

For me; if I happen to learn a more correct way to pronounce something; I will generally do so as a matter of habit. If it’s a proper name, I will try harder out of simple courtesy. I have noticed on these boards that Europeans tend to be far more polite than I am and also that they tend to hold our current President's arrogance in disdain. So it seems odd to hear someone as polite as you are; do a 180 from your own original statement, just to find fault in mine. I didn’t suggest there was anything important about it, or that anyone in particular cared. But I do think it a courtesy, and think it reasonable to assume someone may notice and appreciate it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:33 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
keerist-o-mytee, we're arguing about pronunciation now?
mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:36 pm
@cjhsa,
NO, cjhsa, this will not mean the end of America. Just the beginning of some very difficult days. But as Winston Churchill said--WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER.

Will McCain be defeated? Probably! But he will get 45,000,000 million or more votes-- many from people like you and I. Do you think the white people in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and many other enclaves from many other states that aren't loaded with LIBERALS will support the presidency of a mulatto who was once a muslim?

No, cjhsa, we must act like the brave resistance in France during the Second World War and resist the mullato at every turn. If we are patient and let our anger at the accession of a mullato to the sacred office of the Presidency, we shall one day prevail.'

I too am stocking up on ammunition and I have a double barrel ready for anyone who tries to come into my home without a bona fide search warrant.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:44 pm
@mason738,
Put in in your mouth, cock it and pull the trigger why don't you ? On ignore you go.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:46 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
well you need to consider that this here is an intellectual group of posters.
0 Replies

mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:56 pm
@Diest TKO,
Here is how we figure-Diest TKO- I am sure that you will lie but do you know just how many people in that state where you went to school( You do know that your school is not even ranked in the top one hundred in the US News and World Report and you presume to give us all advice. You had better go back to school and this time don't pick at third tier school in the boonies) are going to just wait for a chance to assert themselves against the mulatto. If you don't know that, you know NOTHING about Missouri.
0 Replies

mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:58 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
BILL W A R D? Is that Bill Mental Ward or Bill Cancer Ward?
cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:01 pm
@Diest TKO,
Last night Oboy said "I believe it is a right" in response to a healthcare question. Last time I looked, there is nothing in the Constitution or Bill of Rights about a right to taxpayer provided healthcare. There is a funny little clause I call 2A though, and he apparently doesn't agree with that one.

How can you willingly elect a president who wants to rewrite the Constitution more to his liking?

He also wants to heavily tax the successful, a wonderful incentive to not be successful. He's an idiot - and not a savant.
mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:12 pm
@cjhsa,
What the mulatto will not tell you, cjhsa, is that SOCIALIZED medicine has been a disaster wherever it is tried.

Note:

l. In Canada, the home of the Canadian freeloader, Blotham, Health care is a disaster since it is SOCIALIZED. Oh, you can get care if you have a life threatening disease but if you have an incredibly painful hip and need a hip replacement, under Canada's Socialized system you wait and wait and wait for sometimes as long as a year.

Canada's SUPREME COURT just recently replied to a suit from a wealthy gentleman who protested that the Canadian system DID NOT ALLOW anyone to buy private insurance.

The rest of Europe is similarly screwed up with regard to health insurance.

Where do the people go ( if they have the resources) for the best health care in the world--WHY THE MAYO CLINIC OF COURSE!

I wonder why.

But the mulatto is going to take care of the shiftless inner city scum who never save enough to buy health insurance. The next time you stand in line under the Mulatto's Health insurance plan,.Look around!
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:17 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

I'm buying guns, ammo, and supplies. You should too.

already got mine, cj.

started picking it up in january of 2001 when america ended.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

keerist-o-mytee, we're arguing about pronunciation now?

that's "jeezuz H. keerist -o-mytee, ci...