McCain shows his true character and leadership

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:44 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown, You are spot on! McCain didn't seem to have much power as a senator, although he voted 90% with Bush, and now he thinks he has more influence because why? What's his plan and influence to determine how congress decides this bailout? Is he going to rubber stamp what the congress comes up with, or is he going to blame congress for anything that goes wrong with this?

He can't have it both ways, but the conservatives will support this "diversion" as if he's the most important senator in Washington DC.

What a laugh; the laugher curve doesn't go that high.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:45 pm
@McGentrix,
I guess we can see who (McCain) cares about the greater good and who (Osama...sorry, Obama) cares only about his own wellbeing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Please explain what you mean by "the greater good...?" We'll wait.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:46 pm
@JTT,
Re: McGentrix (Post 3413091)
Quote: Yeah, that's in the OP.

Quote:
JTT: Which would lead one to wonder why you started with thread with such misleading info.

Sorry McG, I couldn't hear your reply. What did you say?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:50 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I guess we can see who (McCain) cares about the greater good and who (Osama...sorry, Obama) cares only about his own wellbeing.

You must be kidding, Brandon. This thing has been going on for 10 days in the Senate. Why now, has McCain decided that he suddenly has to start doing his job?

You don't think it has anything to do with his cratering poll numbers?

Please

And the 'osama' line, you really are a sniveling little piece of ****, aren't you? C'mon. Why was that necessary?

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
... you really are a sniveling little piece of ****, ...

Understatement, understatement, ...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:04 pm
@JTT,
ditto, ditto...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:31 pm
Let's see. We are in an economic crisis that could cause financial devastation for countless millions of people the likes of which we haven't seen for 80 years. We have a window of a week or so at most to avoid the worst consequences of that crisis.

One candidate sets aside his political ambitions in order to return to Washington to focus on doing his job as an elected legislator pledged to uphold his oath of office:
Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

One candidate , who ironically has the same job as the other, accuses the other of a 'political photo op', shrugs, and announces he will spend the next three days planning for a debate.

And the winner for statesman is?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:35 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Let's see. We are in an economic crisis that could cause financial devastation for countless millions of people the likes of which we haven't seen for 80 years. We have a window of a week or so at most to avoid the worst consequences of that crisis.

One candidate sets aside his political ambitions in order to return to Washington to focus on doing his job as an elected legislator pledged to uphold his oath of office:
Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

One candidate accuses the other of a 'political photo op', shrugs, and announces he will spend the next three days planning for a debate.

And the winner for statesman is?

Obama, of course, who refuses to use this crisis for political gain, the way McCain is attempting to do so.

Why now, Fox? Where the f*ck has McCain been all week? It isn't as if this problem appeared from nowhere last night. And how exactly does he think he's going to help?

McCain has missed more votes, including important ones, than any other Senator this cycle. Nobody is buying his sudden conversion.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:36 pm
@Foxfyre,
Oh, for chrissakes! Where have you been during the past eight years when Bush didn't uphold the Constitution. Where was congress and the supreme court to let Bush exceed his authority on "illegal wiretaps, torture, ignore habeas corpus, the Geneva Conventions, and the UN?

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:46 pm
Dyslexia says, "McCain begs off".

McGentrix says, "McCain shows his true character and leadership".

Which man would you buy a used car from?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I can cut and paste umpteen American sources, beside Germans Australians indians and not excluding other critical observations about the nasty, dirty, detestable, deplorable, despicable years.
Papa said New world order.
I put a question for discussion in Abuzz.
What is new?
Which world?
What kind of order.
Son had had answered my Abuzz question .
Papa was a president.
Son as well.
The name is most unspeakable one in polite society like A2K
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre,

This is fine reasoning...

I suppose this means that you have changed your mind and that your vote will now go for McCain instead of Obama.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:50 pm
I count about the same number of missed votes for Obama and McCain from July 1 to present. Something around 39 for each.

But if you think Obama devoting his time to preening his debate during the worst economic crisis of our lifetime is what he should be doing and looks good, that's cool. The messiah of course can't be expected to actually care that we're in financial crisis. It's much easier to throw stones, assign blame, and pretend that it isn't your job to deal with.

JTT

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Nobody is buying his sudden conversion.

Well, no one except Foxy, H20man, McG, Okie will probably be along soon, and then there's Tico, Brandon, ... have I missed any?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:55 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I count about the same number of missed votes for Obama and McCain from July 1 to present. Something around 39 for each.

But its cool if you think Obama devoting his time to preening his debate during the worst economic crisis of our lifetime is what he should be doing, that's cool. The messiah of course can't be expected to actually care that we're in financial crisis. It's much easier to throw stones, assign blame, and pretend that it isn't your job to deal with.

Why start with July 1st, Fox? Because that's a number conveniently picked to make things look equal, when they are not. There have been 643 votes taken in the current Senate session: McCain has missed 412 of them. That's a pathetic record and not indicative of anyone who really cares about the future of the country all that much.

I note that you are the one throwing stones and aspersions, referring to Obama using derogatory terms, Fox. You are so blind, you can't see that you constantly do what you accuse others of. 'preening,' 'the messiah.' You're panicking a little, Fox.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
She's already panicked! That's the reason as time goes by her opinions seem more distant to reality.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 04:03 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Number of Senate votes McCain has cast since May: 0

Number cast by Ted Kennedy since he was diagnosed with brain cancer that month: 1

Source: Harper's Magazine, Oct. 2008
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 04:06 pm
We weren't dealing with a national or international meltdown or any other major national crisis until recently either. So it seemed reasonable to pick up the last three months which include just before and during the conventions.
sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 04:07 pm
Matt Drudge wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: LETTERMAN MOCKS MCCAIN CANCELLATION
Wed Sep 24 2008 17:41:58 ET

David Letterman tells audience that McCain called him today to tell him he had to rush back to DC to deal with the economy.

Then in the middle of the taping Dave got word that McCain was, in fact just down the street being interviewed by Katie Couric. Dave even cut over to the live video of the interview, and said, "Hey Senator, can I give you a ride home?"

Earlier in the show, Dave kept saying, "You don't suspend your campaign. This doesn't smell right. This isn't the way a tested hero behaves." And he joked: "I think someone's putting something in his metamucil."

"He can't run the campaign because the economy is cratering? Fine, put in your second string quarterback, Sara Palin. Where is she?"

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3cbm.htm

Go Dave...