McCain shows his true character and leadership

blatham

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 02:15 pm
True character and leadership, you say?

Quote:
October 10, 2008
Categories: John McCain

Davis: McCain blew up bailout

On that Acorn call, McCain campaign manager Rick Davis also credited McCain with "blowing ... up" the first bailout package when he suspended his campaign to come to Washington, something McCain's campaign had heatedly denied at the time.

Davis expressed outrage that, "in the middle of the greatest disaster in our financial system that we’d had in our lifetime, that the Democrats in the United States Senate would actually link payments to ACORN in the bailout package that they promoted -- prior to Sen. McCain coming to town and actually blowing that package up. So we can actually say that in addition to saving taxpayers millions of dollars, and we’re very happy that no more taxpayer dollars were added to the pile of money going to ACORN."

After the initial bailout package failed, McCain's aides blamed Obama:

"This bill failed because Barack Obama and the Democrats put politics ahead of country," adviser Doug Holtz-Eakin said

House Republicans had opposed the possibility that government profits from the deal would go to a housing fund for local authorities that could then be spent through ACORN, and those are the grounds on which Davis seemed to credit McCain.

By Ben Smith 02:04 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Davis_McCain_blew_up_bailout.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 02:21 pm
@blatham,
So far, all I've seen is the McCain/Palin camp leading the charge to destroy our country even further. His leadership in Washington DC has shown the same Bush incompetence.
blatham

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 09:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
CI

Of course, that's not their intent even if the consequences of a win by them might do damage (which I think it would).

But we ought to give a hat tip to McCain for finally bucking the ugly extremist inertia building up at his rallies. It's the first bona fide 'maveriky' thing he's done in quite a while. I'm watching now to see how the Hannity/Limbaugh crowd are going to react to his statements because those statements work at cross-purposes to what Hannity/Limbaugh are up to. The media has tended to ascribe the cause of the heated (hate-filled) behavior at these rallies as stemming from Palin and McCain but that omits the deeper cause of rightwing radio/tv.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:42 am
@blatham,
It seems the McCain/Palin rhetoric has now reached other republican politicians running for office. Somebody yelled out "bomb him!"

McCain/Palin has now accomplished what no other politicians has accomplished in our country; true division, violence and hate.
blatham

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI

Let me just briefly press this point. The manner in which McCain's campaign has been operating over the last two weeks or so (warm-up speakers, the speeches written for McCain and Palin) have certainly added to the heated anger we've seen. But it isn't causal or certainly isn't the fundamental cause. I listen to rightwing radio and watch Fox most every day. The sorts of inflammatory comments from McCain/Palin which the media have focused on constitute a small (if repeated) proportion of what their speeches contain. But such comments form the bulk of what rightwing radio is presently up to.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 03:25 pm
@blatham,
Granted, but most radio talk shows are local, and FOX News was never "equal and balanced" by any stretch of anyone's imagination. Speeches of presidential and vice presidential candidates have more impact, because they are "nationalized" by the media - both written and TV. We hear more violent reactions from the McCain/Palin rallies than I can remember in modern times.
blatham

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
most radio talk shows are local

Syndication makes many of the broadcasts national. For example, here in Portland we are treated to the whole cadre of them; Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Ingraham, Medford, Praeger, Savage, etc.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:35 pm
@blatham,
They may be "syndicated," but I betcha Peanuts is more popular.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
Another thought: The title of this thread is an oxymoron. McCain doesn't have character or leadership ability. His negative lies about Obama should not leave any question about that. As to his leadership ability, his pick of Palin should be a clue as to his abilities; zero, zilch, nada, none. That's supposed to be one of his most important decision as a "leader." He couldn't even get republicans to follow his "leadership" when he dropped his campaign to go to Washington DC to help pass the bailout/rescue legislation. Rather, he lied about it, then failed. All political moves that shows his true character.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:29 pm
I'm NOT Bush:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1185304443/bctid1859660952
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:44 pm
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/443/slide_443_10841_large.jpg

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/1054/mctongue.jpg

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/443/slide_443_10836_large.jpg

Can anyone explain?
Intrepid

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:55 pm
@Debra Law,
Maybe he looked on Facebook and realized that when he looks himself up and Barak Obama he will find that Obama shows 2,158,227 supporters while he (McCain) only shows 579,455.

Must have created a gag reflex in him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@Debra Law,
Even if those pictures were factual, conservatives will still vote for him and Palin, because they're really voting for Palin, not McCain.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:15 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Can anyone explain?

Photoshop and an idiot.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Even if those pictures were factual, conservatives will still vote for him...

Can you be more childish in your arguments?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 08:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'll agree with the "idiot" portion.... Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:16 pm
@DrewDad,
Gee, what ever happened to Finn the idiot? LOL
0 Replies