mccain begs off

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It looks like Obama will turn over the ball due to a lack of downs... he forgot it was 4th and long.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, some people seem to have been fooled by all this. Take H2OMan. Please!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:40 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Agreed, Waterboy is unfamiliar with the fumblerooskie...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:40 pm
@Merry Andrew,
McCain is the innovator, Obama is the imitator that follows the innovator and you liberals are the idiots that follow Obama.

Take Obama. Please!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:55 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Steve Benen:

Quote:
Apparently, as McCain sees it, 10 days after the Wall Street crisis began, now he wants to head back to Capitol Hill to do some work. Of course, lawmakers and administration officials have been working quite a bit, but McCain, who has played no direct role in the negotiations thus far, wants to swoop in and tell everyone what they need to do. This from a man who hasn't shown up for work at all in literally months.

What's more, after whining incessantly for months about the need for one-on-one debates, McCain has decided, just 48 hours before the first official debate, that everything should be postponed. And Barack Obama should go along with all of this, because McCain says so.

I've never even heard of a presidential candidate acting in such a reckless, compulsive, and ultimately haphazard fashion. [..] The Republican nomination has apparently gone to some kind of man-child who believes stunts and gimmicks are the way to the White House. It is nothing short of breathtaking to see someone so manifestly unserious seek the highest office in the land.

Good god, worthy of Keith Olbermann himself. I completely agree with everything he says, but dude, does he turn up the pomposity. I just read this to Staz and she grinned, but then said, some people are really redefining the word blowhard nowadays.

OK, that on an interlude on style matters...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:44 pm
This reminds me a little bit of Roberto Duran's famous "No mas" fight against Sugar Ray Leonard.

There's no telling what this lunatic is going to do next. Just what we need in times of crisis, a loose canon with bad ideas.

VOTE OBAMA
Lambchop

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:30 am
@dyslexia,
McCain's has shown his true colors with this latest gaff. Obama was the first one to suggest that they issue a joint statement, then McCain tries to grab all the credit for it. I'm glad Obama called him out on it.

McCain cancels his appearance on Letterman, saying he has to "rush off to Washington to handle the crisis." Hello? He acts as if he's already been elected! Rolling Eyes

Obama then puts out several brilliant points about how to handle the mess on Wall Street, while McCain has zero answers.

This comes on the heels of Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric where she drops the ball when Couric asks her what legislation McCain has EVER championed to regulate ANY industry.

McCain's real problem is that the economic crisis has caused his poll numbers to tank. He's now anywhere from two to eight points behind Obama, and that's just within the past 10 days or so.

(Oh! And I loved Obama's comment that, "Presidents need to be able to do more than one thing at a time." Hee! Razz )
kuvasz

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:39 am
Quote:
Mccain can't debate Barack Obama because he's got to go to Washington and save the economy? It's like the biggest 'dog ate my homework' in history.

Lambchop

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:44 am
@kuvasz,
Razz That's a great quote!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:52 am
@kickycan,
I'm reminded of Ross Perot's infamous "Time Out". Made me sad then, but I hope this turns out the same way.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:02 am

Liberals hate the fact that McCain has the guts to set politics aside to do the right thing.
I'm not surprised in the least because liberals are notorious for telling every else to
do the right thing while they continue to do the wrong things or nothing at all.

Bravo John McCain... bravo.

0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:11 am
@OCCOM BILL,
McCain is dead in the water and firing torpedoes through his own hull.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
@LionTamerX,
and out of his own ass....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:45 am
@Lambchop,
Quote:
McCain stands up David Letterman

The candidate claims he needs to head straight to Washington to deal with the financial crisis, but he finds time to stop for a chat with Katie Couric.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-trailletter25-2008sep25,0,4587742.story\

On NBC this morning a McCain spokesperson was asked about this and she said something like it was just inappropriate for McCain to be doing a comedy show at this time and everyone knows Letterman is funny all the time. (it just on this morning so I doubt there is any transcripts or youtubes yet.)
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:57 am

Rolling Eyes Can't you just feel the liberal desperation and hate oozing out of this forum.

dadpad

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:03 am
@H2O MAN,
nope
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:12 am
@dadpad,

You're neck deep in it and you've grown accustom to it's smell.

WTF is up with Harry Reid?
Put him in a pair of pampers and out to pasture!

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:29 am
@revel,
The more I read about the Letterman thing, the happier I get. I really hope McCain ups the ante (responds somehow, refuses to talk to Letterman, something). Letterman loves to feud. (And he's good at it.)

nimh

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:35 am
@H2O MAN,
Well, somebody's desperation and hate are oozing..
JPB

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:05 am
@sozobe,
Perfect!