I'm Watching Palin On ABC

squinney

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:29 am
@FreeDuck,
"...didn't give much thought to taking the job either."

She obviously was scripted to sound firm and confident on this point, but in my opinion, anyone that doesn't stop to think (blink) when offered such a huge job is pretty scary. Who wouldn't consult their spouse and kids before throwing them into the spotlight? Even if it was an offer to be CEO of a major corporation or a job change of any kind, wouldn't one think before jumping into something this big?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:53 am
@squinney,

It's funny how liberals are attacking Palin and questioning if she is qualified to be VP while
totally ignoring the fact that Biden has come out and admitted that he is not the best choice
Obama could have made and that Mrs. Bill Clinton would have been a much better choice.

You lefties have big problems with your own presidential ticket...
why are you wasting time going after the other side?

Could it be democrat desperation?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:15 am
@H2O MAN,
Biden was being gracious to Hillary in response to a question.... period.

As for Palin.... you can take the girl from the trailer park but.......and yes, I'm speaking DIRECTLY about her. Lipstick optional.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 10:43 am
@sozobe,
soz, It's interesting to see that her lies about "task from god" changed into "Lincoln." But, don't cha know, the conservatives ate it up! They just refuse to see the lie.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 10:45 am
@DrewDad,
Well, as most of us understand, doctors and lawyers can't fake their way into their "profession." The conservatives love their fake vice president candidate - until that 3AM telephone call.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 10:48 am
@FreeDuck,
Fifty some odd days until election day is going to be the longest of Palin's life. Her fake credentials are gonna show up many times, but the conservatives will only see the positives while the liberals will point out her "weaknesses." It'll be fun to watch.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
ci's greatest fear: Palin with Persevere and join McCain in the white house.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:39 am
@H2O MAN,
Palin will persevere with more lies that the conservatives will eat like chocolate cake! Unfortunately, America and the whole world loses.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Unfortunately, America and the whole world loses.

Only if Obama & Biden get elected!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:07 pm
We became losers the minute bush took office. I'm not sure ANYONE can restore us..... like Rome, we are on the downhill slide.... and fiddling.... and the aristocracy is giving us bread and circuses while enriching themselves at our expense. Difference being is we did it one tenth of the time Rome did.....
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
The most terrifying moment was Sarah Palin's answer to Charles Gibson's first question. Did she have any doubts or concerns about becoming Senator McCain's vice president? No, none at all, she replied. She was confident she could help the ticket and the country. She was ready.

It was a true statement about helping the ticket because McCain was failing. But she was wrong about helping the country. Palin has a pattern of telling lies and has apparently has started to believe them.

An amazing ego dominated her responses. Palin is so stupidly living in her make believe world that she doesn't realize how inapproprate and unprepared she is to be vice president, much less president. She obviously is thinking only of herself and not the country.

I do give Palin credit for two things. She good at reading speechs written by others on a teleprompter. She has the timing of a good comic. She also has a good memory for being able to parrot the responses her briefers gave her before the interview. To bad they didn't prepare her for the Bush Doctrine question. She tried to bluff her way but looked stupid. Shame on her briefers. They apparently thought Charles Gibson would toss her soft ball questions instead of the tough ones he asked. Was it pay back for her attacks on McCain's journalist base?

BBB

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:09 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
More Democrat Desperation... how's Obama doing?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:12 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Is this the new liberal game plan? Make Palin out to be too stupid to have a thought of her own?

How ******* retarded is that plan? It only makes you guys look like fools, but I guess it isn't the first or last time that has happened.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:14 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Is this the new liberal game plan? Make Palin out to be too stupid to have a thought of her own?

How ******* retarded is that plan? It only makes you guys look like fools, but I guess it isn't the first or last time that has happened.

She is too stupid to have a thought of her own. There's no 'make Palin out' to it. She does it herself. And I highly doubt you can link to an intelligent, thoughtful article or speech on any subject, written by her. She certainly didn't write her own acceptance speech at the RNC - the same one she's given 6 or 7 times now at rallies, as she isn't really capable of coming up with a new one.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Stupid?

She must have been real stupid to defeat the Republican Machine in Alaska to become Governor who enjoys approval rating in excess of 75%.

How jealous are you all of a successful women who became the Gov. of the GREAT STATE of ALASKA?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:21 pm
@Woiyo9,
Sort of like Barney Fife being made deputy of Mayberry.... big fish in a little backwoods pond.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:21 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Is this the new liberal game plan?

I don't think the left ever had a game plan.

They were sure Mrs. Bill Clinton would run unopposed and all of a sudden they
found the anointed one and lined up behind him without reading his resume.

The left wrongfully assumed they were entitled to the white house and totally neglected planning anything.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

Stupid?

She must have been real stupid to defeat the Republican Machine in Alaska to become Governor who enjoys approval rating in excess of 75%.

How jealous are you all of a successful women who became the Gov. of the GREAT STATE of ALASKA?

That's sure how it sounds, doesn't it? Liberal women can't stand the idea of a successful, happy, popular Conservative woman. It destroys every stereotype they have worked so hard to create for all these years. Some men can't stand the idea of a strong, capable, self assured woman period and, if she is conservative or Republican, they will use the most hateful and derogatory terms to describe her.

Just look at the tags so far on this thread:
politics
palin
mooseshit
uppity bitch
u s election 2008
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@McGentrix,
I wouldn't call her stupid, just unprepared. She's probably a very good governor of her state and that is clearly where her interests lie. But I want to know why she wants to be VP. What are her national interests, that kind of thing. So far she stands out on energy but not much else. There's no shame in pointing that out.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 12:34 pm
@Foxfyre,
most conservative woman are happy if they're in a position of privilege and power. so are most liberal women. so are most people period. WTF?
0 Replies