For The First Time In My Adult Life I'm Not Voting

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:39 am
I'm going to undervote the presidential, B. I don't like Obama much myself, and his FISA vote sealed it for me. He's recruiting volunteers in Texas to go to other states and work, which I consider to be worse than his using us as his ATM (raising millions from Texas donations to buy teevee ads in swing states).

But I live in Texas, where not voting for Obama is done with a clearer conscience, since it won't make any difference anyway. You being in a swing state -- I interpret NC that way -- makes a non-vote a little more critical. At the very least you ought to go vote down the ballot for candidates who will better North Carolina, whether you think those would be Democrats or Republicks.

But hey, vote your conscience either way I say, and if that means staying home ...
lionbeat

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
By choosing not to vote you're no better then them!

At least they try to do something and regardless of what I or you think of them they truly believe they can make a change. You don't even try!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:17 pm
@lionbeat,
that's your opinion...I've voted in every other election since I 've been old enough and I've marched, been active and paid attention. I've given back to my community, contributed time and finances to support candidates and paid my taxes. You've got a lot of ******* nerve to judge me whoever the hell you are but it's okay, you're probably a yankee and don't know how to behave.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:22 pm
@PDiddie,
NC will go strongly repub as always. I live here and believe me it's no swing state. Because of the Triangle and the Charlotte area, and to a lesser extent the triad people don't realize the rest of the state is by and large dirt poor uneducated rightwingnuts...engineer a big exception.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 03:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My former law partner, retired to your state.
He said that he loves it.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
where?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 03:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
back to the opic David.
Please vote and make sure that your vote is invalid and forget not to carry your WMD.
Regards
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:27 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Promises, promises.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:27 am
@shewolfnm,
Yes - you are absolutely right!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:29 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bipo wrote:
Anyone who thinks I'm wimping out or whatever....

Not me.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:35 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O wrote:
Speak for yourself, but keep it to yourself.

Many of us care, but we don't care to be dragged down by your pity party.

Yes of course Bipo likes to be the belle of the contraversial ball, but if you don't want to play along, don't post. No one is making you read his threads.

This goes for all of those who feel compelled to enter a thread only to tell the author that they are bothersome for having launched it.

Good grief, why is this necessary to point out?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:49 am
Isn't there some idiotic movie ready to be launched that has Kevin Costner as the single deciding vote in a presidential election?

You might think from this thread that Bipo was such a voter.

His one vote in NC is as meaningless as is my one vote in Texas. (For the ignorant: Both states will go for McCain)

If he wants to sit home and sulk, proudly protest, or flip the world the bird, why should we care?

I have to hand it to him.

The Bipo A2K Saga has been fascinating and fun to observe, and he has maintained his relevance despite so many attempts to strip him of it.

I have no doubt that even if he doesn't vote in November, he will be posting comments in December that will attract a fair number of replies.

Of course if one is of the O'Bill school of thought, this is simply another diabolical attempt by Mephistophilian Finn to influence the weak minded Bipo to either vote for McCain or stay home.

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 01:17 pm
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/images/1271_200.jpg
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 01:20 pm
@squinney,
Awww. Where do I get one of those?
squinney

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 01:36 pm
@FreeDuck,
If you right click the pic and go down to properties it will show you the link. I don't think I can post a link to Buzzflash here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2018 02:07 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

There's nothing wrong with going in and writing in Hillary Clinton, or Joe Biden for that matter. Anyone that tells you your vote doesn't count is full of ****. Voting for Obama, if you don't truly support him, is like lying to yourself.

I think that this is what I'll do in November. I've been flip-flopping between McCain and Obama for 6 weeks.....now I'm just going to write in Clinton.

And for those who say that I'm "hurting the cause" or whatever, blow me.

And for those who say that I'm "hurting the cause" or whatever, blow me.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2018 03:05 pm
Wow! This is an interesting thread from a historical standpoint.

I wonder where we would be if we had had 8 years of McCain.
0 Replies

Themightyquinn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2020 12:38 pm
Here I am, formerly Bi-Polar Bear to say that I was wrong in not trusting Obama. He was and is a good and decent man. He made mistakes in his Presidency as all Presidents do but IMHO he comported himself with a cool head, dignity and he was by and large trustworthy. Unfortunately his presidency brought what was formerly kitchen table racism by the "regular" people to a rolling boil and allowed the nightmare we've been enduring to encourage it and bring it 100% out into the open. We will be years if not decades recovering. Meanwhile Obama and Hillary are having the last laugh.
roger

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2020 12:51 pm
@Themightyquinn,
BPB! Good to see you back.

Now, help me out. I don't quite see how Obama is to blame for the Trump administration.
Themightyquinn

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2020 04:29 pm
@roger,
He is not to blame. My point is his election set a powder keg under all the people whose fear of a black planet and a sociopath narcissist whose only talent
is keeping them riled up got to run things mostly to the edge of the abyss for the last four years.
0 Replies