For The First Time In My Adult Life I'm Not Voting

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:07 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
poor showing of condescension engineer....and beneath your usual style. Enjoy though.

No enjoyment at all. There are real risks facing our country, really important decisions that have to be made before it is too late or too expensive to stop the slide. Eight years have done a lot of damage, but there's still time to turn it around. It will be hard and it will come at a cost. There are those that will choose to ignore the threat or who will refuse to pay the cost. There are those that will play on our fears to garner support for their personal objectives. You recognize the threat, you can see what is coming and call it a disaster... and then you move out of the way. Not your problem I guess. Why would I ever consider that enjoyable?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:11 pm
@engineer,
Please bring back Ralphie...

Wink
ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:17 pm
@engineer,
Listening to engineer.

In the meantime, I can't personally by myself nudge 'whining' out of the keyword(s) for this thread.

So cute, but really junior high.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

That's a ways away yet, be careful you don't wear out your pom poms...

http://k41.pbase.com/u46/prevacidman/large/35397436.P1010162.jpg

Georgia Bitches for McCain & Palin!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:

And here I thought no one noticed. I uploaded him again, just for you.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:07 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Quote:

And here I thought no one noticed. I uploaded him again, just for you.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/j/A/ralph.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't whine... I speak my mind. I stick to my positions and since I can't be moved generally, I'm accused of whining. Says a hell of a lot more about the accusers than it does about me.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:05 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
According to Izzie, Bears don't whine, they whinge...

Very Happy

S'up BPB?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:10 pm
@Rockhead,
certain people's blood pressure rock....but it's all cool.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Flip 'em and feed 'em fishheads, bro...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:42 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I think it's also safe to say that you will continue to be taxed. Smile
Intrepid

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:47 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We are fucked either way IMO.

Speak for yourself, but keep it to yourself.

Many of us care, but we don't care to be dragged down by your pity party.

Are you against free speech or something? <bolding for emphasis>
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:51 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
ma nizzle

OK, what do those 2 things mean ?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:12 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm not talking about you, Bear, but about the word whine, or, now, whinge. Get a grip, it's about some nouns.

I do think you whine, but I sometimes agree with them, and so what.

You do seem to post whines as thread starters, or romp around whinneying.

Not that I disagree with all those threads.
Xenoche

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:20 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I agree wholeheartedly BPB.

I think they should add another ballot called the 'there all ass clowns' ballot. We hear all day about how each of the candidates are fit or unfit to led from both sides of the political spectrum, would be interesting to see how many others think both parties are a complete joke.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 05:56 am
@ossobuco,
of course you do. go ahead.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:11 am
@Xenoche,
Quote:
I think they should add another ballot called the 'there all ass clowns' ballot.

I object to any kind of clown being compared to any politician. While true that "ass clowns" are of a lower social order, they are still clowns. And we clowns do have a bit of dignity and serve an important function in life, ie making people laugh. So please discontinue referring to politicians as any type of clown. I thank you, as do all clowns everywhere.

Oh yeah, stop picking on BPB. If he doesn't want to vote, then he shouldn't vote. Why vote for someone you do not wish to see in office? Just to toe the party line? "Why, I vote democrat cause I'm a democrat and I've always voted democrat and my ma and pa always voted democrat, so I'm voting democrat even though I don't like the guy who is running one little bit." Kinda stupid to think that way in my book.

I got your back BPB, even though I know you don't need me to.

Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:16 am
The importance of casting a vote is something indoctrinated into us when we are pretty young. What that lesson in civics left out was what if the choices are either lousy, too much of a gamble? We were always given this lesson in the loftiest tones, freedom, liberty, democracy etc. But really, why vote when both candidates are saying practically anything?--mostly empty buzz words to get elected, and the media seems to be covering the personalities, not the policies?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:46 am
@Intrepid,
Not at all.

Do you enjoy pity parties or something?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:52 am
@CoastalRat,
I apologize for sullying the name of clowns by comparing them to politicians. You're right of course. As one who has always made his living entertaining people I agree that it is a noble profession with (generally) no bloodshed or meaningless death involved. Can't say the same for the lying part. ("Why yes, you sounded terrific, just like Patsy Cline" , "You're the first girl I ever cheated with", "I'd like to refund your deposit and I'm sorry the groom was killed in an accident, but I turned down several other receptions after committing to yours", Nothing like "Yes they have WMDS that could reach our country any minute", "Read my lips.... no new taxes", or "I did not not have sex with that woman" (well maybe something like that last one.)