For The First Time In My Adult Life I'm Not Voting

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:34 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
Re: OmSigDAVID (Post 3394109)
Dave, it is the "right on, man" of the new generation.

Don't you speak jive?

Yes, I don 't, Rocky; maybe a little 50 or 60 years ago.

David
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:38 pm
@FreeDuck,
who knows?
cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Just think, bear, maybe they'll put PICTURES on the ballot where you live and you can push that lever for Palin with your boner.
Lash

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
Vote, Bear.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:50 pm
@cjhsa,
sidetracking I realize....but where do you guys get that she's so hot? she doesn't do it for me at all. And cj, were that the case, I could stay home and vote from my living room.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:52 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I'm not happy about it but I'm not going to assume one particle of responsibility for either of them being in office.

Failing to vote is still a decision and still imparts responsibility. The idea that you can duck responsibility for your actions by refusing to vote is silly.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:55 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

they're both ass clowns and I'm not going to cast some useless symbolic vote either.
I'm not happy about it but I'm not going to assume one particle of responsibility for either of them being in office.

We are fucked either way IMO.

That's great.

Does this mean we no longer have to endure your posts on the subject?

I mean, you are out of it - so why take your rant any further?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
you're one to talk....use the ignore feature on me...or don't talk to me.... or die or something. No one cares.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@engineer,
which action would I be ducking by taking no action?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We are fucked either way IMO.

Speak for yourself, but keep it to yourself.

Many of us care, but we don't care to be dragged down by your pity party.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
Jeez here we go.... keep it to myself or what? You gonna bust up in my house and harden my water or something?

drop it why not...there's no pity party here. I'm expressing a decision on a site I've been coming to for years no more no less.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:12 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

it means absolute agreement. Joe has mad street creds.

Fo' shizzle.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:16 pm
@joefromchicago,
ma nizzle Laughing Laughing
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:20 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
No, we aren't going anywhere here... my comment does not include an "or else".

Think happy thoughts BPB, think happy thoughts.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:24 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I have, due to my absolute conviction that McCain and Mayor Moosehead would be a disaster....been straining to like and trust Obama. I can't. It's that simple.

I didn't realize you were looking for someone to "like and trust." I thought you were looking for a President. I hear GWB is a great guy to have a beer with. As for me, I'll take an ass that I think will move the country in the correct direction or at least slow the rate at which it is moving in the wrong one. I'll take the arrogant, smart guy over the bottom of the class dude who used his father's connections to get ahead. I'll take the obnoxious guy who listens to experts over the pandering guy who thinks all economists are elitists. I don't have to like my President as long as he has the skills, temperment and dedication to do a decent job. You are apparently faced with voting for a "disaster", doing nothing to prevent a "disaster", or voting for someone you don't "like and trust". I don't see that it's all that hard.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:39 pm
@engineer,
poor showing of condescension engineer....and beneath your usual style. Enjoy though.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:57 pm
Bear, since you have children, don't you care how the future will be determined? A conservative supreme court might over turn Roe vs Wade. Do you want your daughter(s) or granddaughters to lose their choice about their bodies. Do you want them taught in their science class that Adam and Eve were real people? Have you compared the two health plans of the candidates? One will definitely benefit you more than the other. Do you really think any of the candidates of 2000 (of either party) would have made the same dumb ass, greedy, fascist minded decisions Bush & Co. has made? Have you been paying attention at all?

Not voting is a way to empower the candidate who is least likely to serve your interests. H2Oman, Okie, Hanno etc. will happily make the decision as to who will run the country while you stay home and sulk. I guess it's your way of saying you agree with them.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

H2Oman, Okie, Hanno etc. will happily make the decision as to who will run the country while you stay home and sulk.
I guess it's your way of saying you agree with them.

Speaking for myself... I definitely won't be voting for fascist minded Obama & Company.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:05 pm
@Green Witch,
there's just no way to avoid being called a whiner or a sulker on these threads anymore is there? How about" I disagree strongly with you" and let it go at that?
What purpose does the other serve you outside of a slight feeling of (misplaced)superiority I wonder?
Green Witch

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:12 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
OK ignore the part when I pick on you, I won't do it again.
What about the rest of it? Do you agree with Okie, Hanno, H2O, Cjhsa, Mysteryman politically? They are all voting for the same person. Do you want to strengthen their vote?
0 Replies