McCain and Palin: The Pretenders are Unfit to Lead

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@georgeob1,
"The intensity of the personal attacks and vitriolic denunciations coming from the left wing loonies here (of whom Debra Law is merely the most persistent and prolific) are evidence of the zealotry and intolerance that increasingly afflicts Democrat politics in this country. This stuff seriously discredits them (I wonder if they realize how odd and disproportionately shrill they appear).

More significantly, I increasingly believe this stuff is likely to backfire on their candidate, Obama. McCain is already getting the expected post convention "bounce" in the polls. It will become clear over the next ten days or so whether it is more substantial or lasting than that - too soon yet to know. However, for the first time in this campaign I can see the ingredients of a Republican victory.

Keep it up !!!

I am far away from your lovely country.
But I am not ill-informed about your country.
I am a die hard anti-war pro human cum non-vilonet communist.
I wish to know why you assess the critical participants of this forum as your counterparts.
would you mind to educate me about your infatuation/ attachement of any views?
Let us tread slowly. The path is not paved with bread and butter..
Hope you are not hurt with my critical views which was not my intention.
Kindly take a stand.
Let us get some views.
ican711nm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:42 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Quote:

Main Entry: 1dem·a·gogue
Function: noun
2 : one who employs demagogic methods; especially : a political leader who seeks to gain personal or partisan advantage by specious or extravagant claims, promises, or charges : RABBLE-ROUSER <play statesman one moment and demagogue the next -- Economist>

Barack Obama is a demagogue.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@ican711nm,
ican wrote:
Quote:
"..... specious or extravagant claims,...."

Please prove this claim? Then, turnaround and tell us why the rhetoric issued by McCain is not demagogue?

ican711nm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:03 pm
@ican711nm,
What is Barack Obama's current position on:
(1) appointment of federal judges who interpret the law?
(2) appointment of federal judges who legislate the law?
(3) continuation of union secret ballots?
(4) continuation of the Bush tax cuts?
(5) the results of the Surge?
(6) domestic gas drilling?
(7) domestic oil drilling?
(8) school choice?
(8) free trade?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:16 pm
@ican711nm,
He is a highly qualified lawer who needs no unpaid advocate.
Instead of denigrading a young intellectual( Immatured= maybe; Inexperienced= perhaps) like Obama try your level best to uplife the shattered image of your country.
People around the globe can seek job in your country to earn money but are the seeking culture from your country sir?
My relatives are there and they can type better than me..
I repeat that USA is a corporate controlled consume-oriented callous country with full fo problems
ican711nm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Obama repeatedly claims that continuing any of Bush's policies will be bad for the country, without providing evidence to suppport his claim.

Obama repeatedly claims that McCain, if elected President, will continue Bush's policies, but does not provide valid evidence to support that claim.

Please give me an example, or examples, of rhetoric issued by McCain that you think is demagogic, and why you think so.

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:20 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
for the first time in this campaign I can see the ingredients of a Republican victory.

Yeah, me too. Keep McCain in the background as much as possible, make it a Palin/Obama race, and promise change, even though it's a bullshit lie.

THROW THESE ******* BUMS OUT!
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:32 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

for the first time in this campaign I can see the ingredients of a Republican victory.

You are not alone, growing numbers of others are seeing a Republican victory.

0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:32 pm
@ican711nm,
Don#t be one-sided sir.
Your election is not yet over and those minorities who cross the street to project their political views are not aware that the others behing the border of USA can affect, influence, the result.
i am not for the two but amo9ng the two obama is a flag to bring USA back to the civilized world.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:38 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Ramafuchs wrote:

obama is a flag to bring USA back to the civilized world.

Yes, Obama will give the flag away and trash the US.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:49 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Ramafuchs, there you go again with your demagogic malarkey about the USA.

Obama is not a highly qualified lawyer. He has demonstrated only that he is a melodious and persuasive speaker just like Adolf Hitler. Obama has thousands of paid advocates just like Hitler had. Hitler demagogued against the Jews. Obama demagogues against Bush believers.

The image of the USA is not shattered among those who are proud and/or thankful of what the USA has accomplished for humanity.

What change is Obama actually going to try and accomplish? Is the change Obama proposes better or worse for the USA than the change McCain proposes?

Large numbers of immigrants into the USA seek jobs in the USA to earn money and enjoy our culture free of dictators.

The USA is a people controlled, freedom defending, charitable country with lots of problems. The USA will achieve perfection when none of the people in the USA perpetrate criminal acts. We have been working on that ever since 1776 with steps forward and steps backward. Name a country of over 300 million that is doing a better job.
ican711nm

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:58 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan, what changes would you prefer?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
@ican711nm,
Sorry comrade
iam not a supporter of Obama nor a blind hatter of his counterpart.
projeect not USA's image which is available in internet beside all the streets around the world.
the fact is this Your electoral system is rotten to the core( you have only two sides of the same coin)
for your consolation I have this quote.

"Obama’s exit music confirms this lack of substance. After his speech, Obama wallowed in the heartland sentimentality of Brooks & Dunn’s “Only in America,” which had been used by George Bush after his speech at the Republican National Convention in 2004. This choice marks an updating of the Clintonite strategy of triangulation into the iPod Age: download the playlist of your opponent. The axiom is: You are your music. The vital corollary: if you like my music, you’ll like me. You’ll vote for me, too. Hugging your opponent musically is the final proof that American politics has ended. Sadly, the music plays on."
http://www.counterpunch.org/yearsley09052008.html
In Köln I ame an american and have a nice talk with him in German who shares my view.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
The Liars and Pretenders: Drill, Baby, Drill!

The TRUTH: Sell, Baby, Sell!

http://wyden.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=302677&

Our Republican administration is selling Alaska's natural gas resources to Japan!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
@Debra Law,
It's a free market - It's a world market.

Increase the world supply and the price for everyone goes down.
Decrease the world supply and the price goes up for everyone.

Got it?
Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 05:52 pm
@Debra Law,
If Americans choose McCain, they will be turning their back on the rest of the world, choosing to show us four more years of the Bush-Cheney finger. And I predict a deeply unpleasant shift. Until now, anti-Americanism has been exaggerated and much misunderstood: outside a leftist hardcore, it has mostly been anti-Bushism, opposition to this specific administration. But if McCain wins in November, that might well change. Suddenly Europeans and others will conclude that their dispute is with not only one ruling clique, but Americans themselves. For it will have been the American people, not the politicians, who will have passed up a once-in-a-generation chance for a fresh start - a fresh start the world is yearning for.

And the manner of that decision will matter, too. If it is deemed to have been about race - that Obama was rejected because of his colour - the world's verdict will be harsh. In that circumstance, Slate's Jacob Weisberg wrote recently, international opinion would conclude that "the United States had its day, but in the end couldn't put its own self-interest ahead of its crazy irrationality over race".
Even if it's not ethnic prejudice, but some other aspect of the culture wars, that proves decisive, the point still holds. For America to make a decision as grave as this one - while the planet boils and with the US fighting two wars - on the trivial basis that a hockey mom is likable and seems down to earth, would be to convey a lack of seriousness, a fleeing from reality, that does indeed suggest a nation in, to quote Weisberg, "historical decline". Let's not forget, McCain's campaign manager boasts that this election is "not about the issues."

Of course I know that even to mention Obama's support around the world is to hurt him. Incredibly, that large Berlin crowd damaged Obama at home, branding him the "candidate of Europe" and making him seem less of a patriotic American. But what does that say about today's America, that the world's esteem is now unwanted? If Americans reject Obama, they will be sending the clearest possible message to the rest of us - and, make no mistake, we shall hear it.
· [email protected]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/sep/10/uselections2008.barackobama?gusrc=rss
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
Sent to me by a friend down under:

Quote:
Garrison Keillor, writing in the International Herald Tribune, 10 September 2008:

"So the Republicans have decided to run against themselves. The bums have tiptoed out the back door and circled around to the front and started yelling, 'Throw the bums out!' They've been running Washington like a well-oiled machine to the point of inviting lobbyists into the back rooms to write the legislation, and now they are anti-establishment reformers dedicated to delivering us from themselves. And Rudolph Giuliani of New York City is an advocate for small-town America. Bravo.

"They are coming out for Small Efficient Government the very week that the feds are taking over Fannie and Freddie, those old cash cows, and in the course of a weekend 20 or 50 or (pick a number) billion go floating out the Treasury door. Hello? Do you see us out here? We are not fruit flies, we are voters, we can read and write, we didn't just fall off the coal truck.

"It is a bold move on the Republicans' part -- forget about the past, it's only history, so write a new narrative and be who you want to be -- and if they succeed, I think I might declare myself a 24-year-old virgin named Lance and see what that might lead to. Paste a new face on my Facebook page, maybe become the Dauphin Louie the Thirty-Second, the rightful heir to the Throne of France, put on silk tights and pantaloons and a plumed hat and go on the sawdust circuit and sell souvenir hankies imprinted with the royal fleur-de-lis. They will cure neuralgia and gout and restore marital vigor."

And if the Americans fall for these clowns (again), we may as well shut the planet and hand it back to the dinosaurs.

Someone once said to Adlai Stevenson when he was campaigning for the US presidency: "Governor, every thinking American is going to vote for you." He answered: "It's not enough."

Expect the worst!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:23 am
@H2O MAN,
Where did you learn economics? Russia?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 11:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
How's Obama & Biden doing in the polls these days? Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Where did you learn economics? Russia?

Do U believe
that the Russians invented the Law of Supply & Demand ?
Who told u THAT ?