McCain and Palin: The Pretenders are Unfit to Lead

talk72000

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:41 pm
@Debra Law,
The Republican Party is now the party of hypocrisy:

1. Party of 'moral values' is now a party of premarital sex
2. Party of 'fiscal balance' is now a party of huge deficits from an illegal war
3. Party of 'deregulation' is now a party of regulation of the commercial certificates and banks as a result of hiding the huge national debt by lowering interest rates to pump up an artificial housing demand that resulted in massive defaulted mortgage loans.
Debra Law

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:42 pm
"No Maverick" Ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtbG5xjFBY
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:51 pm
@talk72000,
Hi talk, Nice to see you "back." <smile>
Debra Law

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:55 pm
@talk72000,
Hi talk72000: I agree! The Party of Hypocrisy must be exposed. We cannot allow the pretenders to take our offices of "public trust" without challenge. These people cannot be trusted--they are UNFIT to lead.
Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:00 pm
@Debra Law,
John McCain, morally, mentally, and emotionally unfit
By James H. Fetzer

The Republican Party has nominated the most unqualified candidate for the presidency in our history, with the possible exception of George W. Bush. Over his entire lifespan, he has repeatedly shown that he is out of touch with reality, impulsive and reckless in his judgment, and intellectually lazy and lacking in curiosity

In 1999, the McCain campaign -- engaged in a contest with George W. Bush -- released 1,500 pages of medical reports, which included a great deal about his mental health. They were open to public inspection. This time around, however, the campaign hesitated and delayed their release. When it finally happened, they restricted access to a few selected reporters. One of them, Sanjay Gupta of CBS NEWS, observed that there was very little -- almost nothing -- about his psychological state. Something is wrong and, for the good of the country, the press needs to pursue this issue.

It may not be Alzheimer’s, but if John McCain is suffering from other serious mental problems, the American people are entitled to know. When he sang about bombing Iran -- “Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran” -- to the tune of The Beach Boys’ “Barbara Ann,” that should have set off alarm bells with the national press. It has to be investigated.
Past indications of his reckless judgment have been reinforced by his choice of a transparently unqualified running mate, Sarah Palin, another beauty queen. He married a trophy wife and has now selected a trophy nominee to run with him. She is pro-life, even in the case of rape and incest, and supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Palin belongs to the NRA and favors teaching creationism in the public schools. The problem is that creationism is not science and has no place in the science curriculum, as I explained in my latest book, RENDER UNTO DARWN. We need to get religion out of public schools, not put more in!

She is the governor of a large state with a small population, the former mayor of a hamlet, and -- we are told -- a member of the PTA. She received 115,000 votes during her election as Alaska’s governor, not many more than Barack Obama drew to his acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium. The typical member of the House has more constituents.

So this 72-year old man with a history of cancer is putting an anti-environment, anti-choice, creationist zealot -- who has so little respect for other women that she does not trust them to choose for themselves about the most private matters -- just a heartbeat away from the presidency of a nation with a population of some 300 million! How responsible is that?
http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_3713.shtml
talk72000

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was just busy. I moved and had to be disconnected for a while. I find the tag system easy to navigate. Sometimes I just look in as I have little to say at times.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:04 pm
@Ramafuchs,
My brother received over 60% of the votes in all three elections (and once 73%) in which he ran, and we're talking about a population of over one million in his district (in CA). I'll assume that's a bigger population than the whole state of Alaska. LOL
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:10 pm
The intensity of the personal attacks and vitriolic denunciations coming from the left wing loonies here (of whom Debra Law is merely the most persistent and prolific) are evidence of the zealotry and intolerance that increasingly afflicts Democrat politics in this country. This stuff seriously discredits them (I wonder if they realize how odd and disproportionately shrill they appear).

More significantly, I increasingly believe this stuff is likely to backfire on their candidate, Obama. McCain is already getting the expected post convention "bounce" in the polls. It will become clear over the next ten days or so whether it is more substantial or lasting than that - too soon yet to know. However, for the first time in this campaign I can see the ingredients of a Republican victory.

Keep it up !!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:23 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob, Your hopes are unrealistic. A2K is not the national scene, but a very small portion of it. I'm not even sure most of us active on these boards understand how the people in the country actually feels about the two major candidates and their veeps, because most of the recent polls shows them in a virtual tie.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:28 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
1. Party of 'moral values' is now a party of premarital sex

That statement is FALSE; the Republican party has not advocated that.
(I, personally don 't care much, either way.)

Quote:

2. Party of 'fiscal balance' is now a party of huge deficits from an illegal war

WHAT, pray tell, is " illegal " about the war ??

Note, incidentally, that I have withdrawn my support of the war,
effective as of Saddam 's death. I wish that the Democratic controlled Congress had de-funded it,
as it now continues only as a huge foreign aid project, no longer a defensive war,
but the Demos keep on funding it.

David
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

georgeob, Your hopes are unrealistic. A2K is not the national scene, but a very small portion of it. I'm not even sure most of us active on these boards understand how the people in the country actually feels about the two major candidates and their veeps, because most of the recent polls shows them in a virtual tie.

You contradict yourself.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's been proven the most of the conservative men already shot their wad.
Wad = votes.

Really! Do have proof of this? Perhaps a stained blue dress or something?
BTW, how does your wad theory explain Debra Law's feelings for Sarah Palin?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 12:10 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
The intensity of the personal attacks and vitriolic denunciations coming from the left wing loonies here (of whom Debra Law is merely the most persistent and prolific) are evidence of the zealotry and intolerance that increasingly afflicts Democrat politics in this country. This stuff seriously discredits them (I wonder if they realize how odd and disproportionately shrill they appear).

You are sitting on your legless high horse spewing falsehoods. If you truly want to expose yourself to intense personal attacks and vitriolic denunciations, then go to CNN and read the transcripts of your beloved RNC speakers. Without doubt, you prefer that we remain silent while your serial liars, McCain and Palin, reinvent themselves. Your only problem is that some of us aren't willing to wear muzzles and blinders at your behest while your party pretenders to go about their dirty business.

georgeob1 wrote:
More significantly, I increasingly believe this stuff is likely to backfire on their candidate, Obama. McCain is already getting the expected post convention "bounce" in the polls. It will become clear over the next ten days or so whether it is more substantial or lasting than that - too soon yet to know. However, for the first time in this campaign I can see the ingredients of a Republican victory.

I understand your position. You tell us to keep our mouths shut while the Republican candidate "swiftboats" the Democrat candidate using Rovian Republican campaign tactics of lie and attack, attack and lie. You even tell us, if we don't keep our mouths shut, we will hurt the Democrat candidate making it all the more easier for your Republican candidate to soar to victory. Why don't I believe you? ROFL

I believe, for the Democrat ticket to succeed, the Democrat party must expose the pretenders and their lies. And, if that happens, then the American people will be truly informed voters, and your beloved candidate will go down in flames. Again, incontrovertible proof demonstrates that the Pretenders, McCain and Palin, are unfit to lead. You don't like the message? Maybe you can spearhead a Republican-based movement to amend the First Amendment that will serve to deprive others of their right to free speech. After all, depriving other people of their individual rights is what your party does best.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 12:35 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Ramafuchs: Thank you for posting. Here's the youtube clip of McCain singing the "bomb Iran" tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

And much to georgeob1's and his ilk's disdain, the American people want to know who the REAL McCain is before they vote in November. A person, exercising his right to free speech, posted this glimpse of the REAL McCain who may end up leading this country if the PRETENDER McCain is not exposed for the impulsive, tempermental, hair-trigger fear- and war-mongerer that he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ANtTZpCmE&NR=1

Debra Law

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 12:58 pm
Daily Kos has exposed another instance of PRETENDER Palin reinventing herself:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/9/12206/20045/729/592192

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:10 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Quote:
Re: Ramafuchs (Post 3394627)
Ramafuchs: Thank you for posting.
Here's the youtube clip of McCain singing the "bomb Iran" tune

U know, the President of Iran is quite an interesting fellow.
I 'll bet that his spiritual advisor thinks highly of him.

If he succeeds in applying Iran 's oil revenues to building nuclear weapons,
he 'll be singing the direct OPPOSITE of that song,
but he 'll wait until AFTER he has done it, as Laden did; he got a good laff out of 9/11.
Heard him chuckling on tape. Good sense of humor.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
@georgeob1,
No swir he mirrors the actual views of the world.
I know what i type withoout cut and paste.
Refelect what is going on iny your country.
Join with rational people and make this bitter world a better one.
Danka
Rama fuchs
Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:03 pm
@Ramafuchs,
I Purposely confues your views.
Because you people think that others are criminals and folls and uneducated.
Unfit to lead is an observation by the author of this thread.
If i were a poster i would have this title.
After BUSH McCain is the choice.
If any rational humanbeing uphold this candidate they are not rational but SUPER EDUCATED.
Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:37 pm
@Ramafuchs,
here is the lovely link to uphold the
criminal( compassionate)
callous( conservative)
corrupt- corporate controlled culture.
Vot not anyone other than these criminals.
here is the link.
http://www.jesusnorepublican.org/
Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 02:44 pm
@Ramafuchs,
a conservative person with the name of Ron paul has this words

Statement Regarding Impeachment of Vice President Cheney

Ron Paul Speech to Congress

November 6, 2007

Mr. Speaker, I rise, reluctantly, in favor of the motion to table House Resolution 799, Impeaching Richard B. Cheney, Vice President of the United States, of high crimes and misdemeanors, and in favor of referring that resolution to the House Judiciary Committee for full consideration. I voted to table this resolution not because I do not share the gentleman from Ohio's desire to hold those responsible for the Iraqi debacle accountable; but rather, because I strongly believe that we must follow established protocol in matters of such importance. During my entire time in Congress, I have been outspoken in my opposition to war with Iraq and Iran. I have warned my colleagues and the administration against marching toward war in numerous speeches over the years, and I have voted against every appropriation to continue the war on Iraq.

I have always been strongly in favor of vigorous congressional oversight of the executive branch, and I have lamented our abrogation of these Constitutional obligations in recent times. I do believe, however, that this legislation should proceed through the House of Representatives following regular order, which would require investigation and hearings in the House Judiciary Committee before the resolution proceeds to the floor for a vote. This time-tested manner of moving impeachment legislation may slow the process, but in the long run it preserves liberty by ensuring that the House thoroughly deliberates on such weighty matters. In past impeachments of high officials, including those of Presidents Nixon and Clinton, the legislation had always gone through the proper committee with full investigation and accompanying committee report.

I noted with some dismay that many of my colleagues who have long supported the war changed their vote to oppose tabling the motion for purely political reasons. That move was a disrespectful to the Constitutional function of this body and I could not support such actions with my vote.

I was pleased that the House did vote in favor of sending this legislation to the Judiciary Committee, which essentially directs the committee to examine the issue more closely than it has done to this point..
But a decent conservative who has some guts to be a conservative
http://ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=976
0 Replies