FINAL COUNTDOWN FOR USA ELECTION 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

But for now our choices seem to be the guy prone to shoot from the hip or the guy who is afraid to draw at all if there is any risk.

Rolling Eyes

What evidence do you have, that Obama is 'afraid to draw?' These analogies of yours are terrible, Fox.

You'll bend over backwards to excuse any problems McCain has, won't you?

Cycloptichorn

In your words, you'll bend over backwards to excuse any problems Obama has, won't you. Smile
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:10 am
@Foxfyre,
Actually, that doesn't logically follow at all; you merely had no good response to my last post.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:15 am
@Cycloptichorn,
http://boortz.com/images/republican_i_work1.jpg
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:16 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Certainly it follows logically. And my conclusions have every bit as much validity as your conclusions and my response was just as good as yours. You prefer yours. I prefer mine.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 09:36 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Certainly it follows logically. And my conclusions have every bit as much validity as your conclusions and my response was just as good as yours. You prefer yours. I prefer mine.

I'm sorry, but neither your accusations nor your conclusions were logical in nature. They were at best an attempt to excuse a poorly formulated argument on your part, and were easily knocked down by me. You're going to have to try much harder, if you want to present an actual argument that would be respected by anyone.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:05 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about -

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/09/obama_bailout_likely_to_delay.php

Quote:
Obama: Bailout likely to delay spending programs

Obama says massive financial bailout probably would delay his spending initiatives

DOUGLASS K. DANIEL
AP News

Sep 23, 2008 08:52 EST

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama says he probably would have to delay the spending programs he has called for during his campaign in light of the massive government bailout being proposed for the nation's financial industry.

The Bush administration and Congress on Tuesday were discussing the details of a $700 billion financial rescue plan. Obama said the problem should be dealt with as a short-term crisis with bipartisan action and then as a long-term structural issue.

"Although we are potentially providing $700 billion in available money to the Treasury, we don't anticipate that all that money gets spent right away and we don't anticipate that all that money is lost. How we're going to structure that in budget terms still has to be decided," Obama told NBC's "Today" show in an interview aired Tuesday.

"Does that mean I can do everything that I've called for in this campaign right away? Probably not," he said. "I think we're going to have to phase it in."

The Illinois senator has proposed ambitious and expensive initiatives aimed at health care, education, infrastructure, alternative energy and other concerns. He didn't say what proposals might be delayed first, adding that tax revenues would play a role in any budget decisions.

A reasonable view of the future, and one in which Obama is willing to change his plans based upon changing events.

But McCain? When asked whether or not this bailout will affect his ability to balance the budget - something he has promised to do in his first term, something that every economist in America says he cannot do while simultaneously giving the tax cuts he proposes -

Quote:
HARWOOD: Would you concede, then, that you could not achieve your goal of balancing the budget in your first term with this huge bailout added?

MCCAIN: I believe we can still balance the budget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/us/politics/21text-mccain.html

McCain's tax cuts, to individuals and corporations, would put us 500 billion further in the hole in revenues, the FIRST YEAR that they were enacted. McCain has claimed he will cut spending and 'earmarks' to make up the difference, but has never said what spending he would cut, and of course, the earmark thing is a joke.

One candidate taking a reasoned view of the situation; one who is not. Which is more presidential? Obama by a long shot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:32 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

http://boortz.com/images/republican_i_work1.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Foxfyre wrote:
Quote:

When anyone self-evaluates, they learn nothing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:51 am
@okie,
That's very funny, okie. Our government is now in the process of rescuing the big gamblers on wall street; the wealthy owns most of it. You have the audacity to remain blind while most of this "benefit" goes to the wealthy.

You're a true (dumbass) conservative.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:03 am
Republicans support WELFARE for the WEALTHY. American CEOs, with their multi-million dollar salaries still intact, are laying off hundreds of thousands of workers. The workers? Who cares? The wealthy CEOs are the ones standing in line at the "soup kitchen" asking the taxpayers to pour 700 billion dollars into their super-sized soup cups. If we pour enough into their cups, a few drops of soup might trickle down....
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's very funny, okie. Our government is now in the process of rescuing the big gamblers on wall street; the wealthy owns most of it. You have the audacity to remain blind while most of this "benefit" goes to the wealthy.

Who said I was in favor of the bailout? And by the way, you want to talk about Fannie and Freddie? "… records back to 1989 reveals Obama in his three complete years in the Senate is the second largest recipient of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae campaign contributions, behind only Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn…."

How about Obama give all those campaign contributions back? And interesting people: James Johnson, Franklin Raines, and Jamie Gorelick. Where are the investigations, ci? And Dodd and Barnie Frank should have resigned yesterday, these people are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Speaking of dumb, ci, anyone backing a Democrat these days must be totally ignorant of what has gone on in this country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:26 am
@okie,
Wrong again! Don't you ever get the right facts rather than the blather from the McCain campaign? You should be ashamed of yourself.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
okie, I'm presuming you know how to read:

From the Federal Election Committee/NYT

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Directors/Officers/Lobbyists
Contributions

Name............ McCain... Obama
----------------- ------ -------
Geoffrey Boisi $70,100 $0
Alfonse D'Amato $30,800 $0
William Lewis, Jr $0 $4,600
Herbert Allison, Jr $0 $2,300
Brenda Gaines $0 $2,300
Jerome P. Kenney $2,300 $0
Patrick Swygert $1,000 $1,000
Robert Glauber $0 $1,000
Daniel Mudd $1,000 $0
John Sites $1,000 $0
Louis Freeh $200 $0
Others (29 lobbyists) $63,500 $4,800
-------------------- ---------- -------
...........McCain....Obama
Total $169,900 $16,000
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:40 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Who said I was in favor of the bailout? And by the way, you want to talk about Fannie and Freddie? "… records back to 1989 reveals Obama in his three complete years in the Senate is the second largest recipient of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae campaign contributions, behind only Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn…."

How about Obama give all those campaign contributions back? And interesting people: James Johnson, Franklin Raines, and Jamie Gorelick. Where are the investigations, ci? And Dodd and Barnie Frank should have resigned yesterday, these people are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Speaking of dumb, ci, anyone backing a Democrat these days must be totally ignorant of what has gone on in this country.

Actually, the largest recipient of Fannie/Freddie monies involved in this election cycle is Rick Davis, who was paid over 2 million dollars by them to lobby against regulations. He now heads the McCain campaign.

There's a reason people blame the Republicans for this financial mess by a factor of 2 to 1, Okie; they know who has been calling for deregulation for years. Republicans have. Now we are seeing the effects of deregulation, and your party is going to be punished for it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Wrong again! Don't you ever get the right facts rather than the blather from the McCain campaign? You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is plenty of blather to go around, and the Obama campaign is 100% blather, which is worse than 25% blather. How a guy that has no record, no accomplishments, none, zero, nothing, is supported by the media and trumped up as the next savior of the world, because of what, because he shouts change, this is the most bizarre election I have ever witnessed. How a man that kicked off a campaign in a friends house, that friend trying to bomb the capitol, and now says he should have done the job better, how a man like that can even get 5% support in this country is a mystery. Not really a mystery given the media support, but why the media support, that is the mystery.
okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Garbage in, garbage out, ci.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:05 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

There is plenty of blather to go around, and the Obama campaign is 100% blather, which is worse than 25% blather. How a guy that has no record, no accomplishments, none, zero, nothing, is supported by the media and trumped up as the next savior of the world, because of what, because he shouts change, this is the most bizarre election I have ever witnessed. How a man that kicked off a campaign in a friends house, that friend trying to bomb the capitol, and now says he should have done the job better, how a man like that can even get 5% support in this country is a mystery. Not really a mystery given the media support, but why the media support, that is the mystery.

This paragraph is nothing but naked assertions and flat-out lies, Okie. You should feel dirty for even having written it. I used to think you were more intelligent than this, but you are proving me wrong.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
How many paragraphs have you written, cyclops, that are totally bs, in your worship of your chosen candidate that can do no wrong, Obama. You are so blindly partisan, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it was staring you in the face.

If you can point out a lie in my post, be my guest. Partisanship and opinion, yes, but not a lie as far as I know.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:09 pm
@okie,
No worship, Okie. That's just a term that losers use to describe the other team.

It doesn't matter one bit to me if you want to point your acrimony my way; I've taken worse, from better. Obama will keep right on winning no matter what comments you or I write on a bulletin board, and that's what really matters for America right now.

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 01:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I think okie was trying to say that Media might feel they can handle a pussy-cat more easily that a pit-bull. In the middle of the night without lipstick.
0 Replies