I think you are exaggerating a tad. Not a single kind word about any Republican? Really? And you are running a comprehensive tabulation of all the Democrats who ever lifted a finger to try to solve our problems?
The only Republican leaders I can recall the Democrats applauding about anything were those who defected to the Democrats' side. And I can recall only a very few Democrat leaders who attempted to help President Bush get anything done. Lieberman was one and the Democrats threw him under the bus. The only one exaggerating though is you. I didn't say there was not a single kind word about any Republican. I did say that they were darn scarce.
As for your comments re not retreating into partisanship because of a few hateful numbnuts on your side, point well taken, but it is not my style to judge the many by the actions of a few.
As for just some of what President Bush asked of us in the first year and beyond:
1. Reform social security. Do a trial run with a tiny amount of voluntary private accounts to see if that bird would fly. The Left spit in his face and the GOP leaders were too timid to attempt it without some bipartisan support.
2. He asked that we all pitch in with a cooperative government/private charity effort to deal with many problems to help the less fortunate. The left spit in his face. (He did try to do that too, but without significant effort from the grass roots it was nowhere nearly as effective as it could have been.)
3. He asked that we give school vouchers an honest hearing to force poor schools to clean up their acts. The left spit in his face and the GOP was too timid to force the issue without you.
4. He asked that the people join with him to give encouragement and support for a war against terror and refuse once and for all to accept terrorism as a norm of any kind. The left refused to give support and in fact mostly gave aid and comfort to the enemy by publicly condemning the quite effective efforts to deal with that while keeping Americans safe from harm.
5. He asked the the people support the troops and give them encouragement and moral support so that they could complete the task and come home with honor. The Left has mostly fought him every inch of the way on that.
And there has been precious little encouragement and prayers offered to sustain him and help him do his job better or to tell him when he has gotten it right. But there has been plenty of the hateful crap such as in those threads I linked that has been thrown at him for eight years. How does that motivate anybody to do things differently?
So now. Obama wants us to tune up our cars, inflate our tires, and be willing to send money to Washington without complaint. What else is he asking of us do you think?